Achtung Baby...13 years on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Tomorrow is November 18, marking 13 years since the November 18, 1991 release of Achtung Baby.

Achtung Baby, you have meant so much to so many, with your darkness, your denseness, your depth, your brilliance, your everything - we salute you!

:bow:
B000001DTM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Best Album cover/artwork/photography ever. And don't even get me started on how great the music is or how much it affected my life.

and, to, use a phrase I often use about Bono:

'like a fine wine, it improves with age'
;)

It's gone so quickly... I was only 4 when it came out.

Last edited:
AB is a teenager?!?!? :ohmy: God - that makes me feel sooo old. :sad:

(kick-ass album, though - to this day it stands strong!) :)

Happy birthday....The Greatest Album Ever Made.......ahhhhh the memories attached with this album for me.

certainly seems like yesterday. No album has ever meant more to me. and the Tour! oh the tour. Wish there was a DVD.

I was 16 and a junior in high school. I faked sick from school that day so i could go buy it. I remember very vividly listening to it for the first time. The songs that grabbed me instantly were Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways and Ultraviolet (I had owned the cassette single of the Fly for some time). That was the first CD to come out after I had become a huge fan.

Ah... one of my all-time favorite albums. U2 had never sounded better. Their best, imo (and many other people's as well).

My all-time favorite album. Been listening to it since I was 4 years old. Actually, it was the first album I listened to. Masterpieces from tracks 1 to 12. Simply amazing. Live even better. Achtung Baby, happy 13th anniversary!

I'll join in on the 1 day eaRLY feastivties

~~~****Happy Birthday, AB!****~~~

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

if playing the- favorite U2 album game, AB edges out {i am feeling so headachely and queasy at this very moment I've totally lost the friggin' name of the 'in god's counrtry album- which goes between tying w ATYCLB or goes up & down bwtween #2 & 3 as fav u2 albums on my list.

I haven't played the top 5 or 10 albums game in years. I usually play {and have just been doing my latest iteration of} fav top 10 or 20 rock & rock songs}

but the AB tour :grumpy:
don't get the wrong impression, the tour, etc was FABULOUS!!! ANd I'm very grateful in one sense to have been able to get tix, but......

It's just that I & friends haver never ever gotten good seats, let alone great seats for ANY u2 concert over the past 21 yrs. :yell:

On the AB tour we got the worst seats ever! Half-way up the very top of the top rung of Giants Stadium, NJ.

Last edited:
wow! I had no clue it was 13 today

ironically had it on in the car today after at least a 8 month hiatus, I get on kicks musically and the new album is making me U2 crazed

must be some karma there!

my favorite album (of all time, I mean)

13 years old and it sounds so fresh :up:

Back
Top Bottom