Accessing UTEOTW easter egg properly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatGuy

Refugee
For everyone out there whose DVD players won't let them skip to the Bonocam version of UTEOTW on disc 2 by using the "Display then 7" shortcut: On the main menu, go to the little "[?]" icon and press Enter. Then press 1 9 9 1 on your keypad, and voila! I assume some of you will have to press enter after each number, like the "1976" egg.
Hope this helps people like me who were frustrated that the only way to access the egg was by doing something we couldn't do. Sorry if this is old news to anyone.

What are the "easter eggs" that you guys are talking about??
confused.gif

Originally posted by pub crawler:
Does anyone have any idea how to get to the Easter Eggs if you're using the CD-ROM drive on your PC?

Hello,

If you're using PowerDVD on your computer for seeing the DVD's, then here is the solution to the Easter Eggs:

On disc 1, while playing the concert, right click and choose "Go to...", "Chapter 1" and then "Browser.." In the browser window expand Title 3, and double click on Chapter 1. Then the menu intro animation of hearts appear. Right click again, and choose "Resume". Elevation "Bono Cam" Edition starts....!!!
On disc 2, from the main menu right click and choose "Go to..." and then "Chapter 7". The menu reappears. Now right click and choose "Resume". UTEOTW "Bono Cam Fighting the Edge" Edition starts...!!

Good luck!

Marty

P.S. No, I didn't come up with this myself, I read it on a mailing list.

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Thanks Marty, but I'm still not having any luck. I have InterVideo and InterActual DVD players. I'm not familiar with PowerDVD but, assuming it's another player, perhaps I should find it and downoad it. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know how to access the easter eggs if you're using a playstation 2?

That's what drgnwolf1969 and I were trying to figure out when I was in Virginia, but we couldn't get it to work. *sigh*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Does anyone know how to access the easter eggs if you're using a playstation 2?

I've only been able to figure out the UTEOW one using the PS2.

In disc 2 to go to additional tracks and start anyone of them. Then open up your control panel (select button), press the "Go to Title" button and press 07, (you need to press the "X" button after each selection, i.e. "Go to Title" "X", 0 "X", and 7 "X" This will take you back to the menu, immediately press the Triangle Button, it should start.

I haven't been able to figure out the 1976 one.

I found both by using the search button on my remote. For the Bono-cam Elevation on Disc 1, I just punched in Title 3, Chapter 1 and it went right to it. I stumbled onto UTEOTW one the same way, using the search button.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
I've only been able to figure out the UTEOW one using the PS2.

In disc 2 to go to additional tracks and start anyone of them. Then open up your control panel (select button), press the "Go to Title" button and press 07, (you need to press the "X" button after each selection, i.e. "Go to Title" "X", 0 "X", and 7 "X" This will take you back to the menu, immediately press the Triangle Button, it should start.

Thanks! I got it to work!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom