ABOY vs. Love and Peace vs. Vertigo vs. Miracle Drug.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blindinglights said:
the end of the song still sounds to me like bono . . could well be wrong though. it would be easier to discern if the quality was just a tad better.

I am certain that it is Edge singing. I am 100% sure. The tone and inflection is pure Edge. Trust me.

1) Vertigo
1) All Because of You
1) Miracle Drug
2) Love and Peace or Else

Those 3 are too good to decide, their all great and completely different. Vertigo is the perfect first single, ABOY is amazing and so catchy, and MD is amazing because of Edge and Bonos singing. L&P is such a bad recording I had to rank it last, couldnt make out any lyrics, but it sounded good. I need to hear this better.

RademR said:
1) Vertigo
1) All Because of You
1) Miracle Drug

Those 3 are too good to decide, their all great and completely different. Vertigo is the perfect first single, ABOY is amazing and so catchy, and MD is amazing because of Edge and Bonos singing. L&P is such a bad recording I had to rank it last, couldnt make out any lyrics, but it sounded good. I need to hear this better.

I agree with you here in part. I can hear that Vertigo and Miracle Drug are tied for #1 spot. The clips are just too crap quality to get a feel for both songs. I think most are getting behind Miracle Drug because they can hear it better than Vertigo.

The spanish dudes are super annoying on Vertigo. I can't understand it. If I was the one pirating the clips, I sure as hell wouldn't be chatting during the recording of it. These guys are just chatting away like their conversation is more important than the song!

I asked my spanish buddy to translate what those spanish dudes are saying on the clips.

Miracle Drug;
He couldn't make out all of what they were saying but they say "I'm recording it right now"

Vertigo:
"Get the mic closer"
"Get a clear tape of this"
"This sounds great"
"We need to take advantage of this opportunity"
"I'm pirating this"
"Yes, this is Bono"

boosterjuice said:
I asked my spanish buddy to translate what those spanish dudes are saying on the clips.

Miracle Drug;
He couldn't make out all of what they were saying but they say "I'm recording it right now"

Vertigo:
"Get the mic closer"
"This sounds great"
"I'm pirating this"
"Yes, this is Bono"

That's so ironic how they're like "yess!!! We got the new U2 song!!! I'm recording!! I'm getting it!!!". OK we KNOW!!! But you're euining the entire song by talking! They're so excited to get the recording but they're destroying it at the same time.

Oyyyy...

I really don't know how they were able to speak. If I were on the beach outside and heard new U2 music playing loudly I would be too much in awe to speak.

Anyway everyone in my family knows that if I am trying to hear something on the phone, tv, radio whatever and I give them a look like :eyebrow: :evil: :macdevil: they better shut the :censored: up until it is over.

RademR said:
1) Vertigo
1) All Because of You
1) Miracle Drug

actually, now I like all four of them. The first three Im still obsessed with, but now Ive really gotten into L&P as well. I still think its a little behind the other three, but its so un-U2 like that Im really intrigued by it. Cant wait to hear them all in CD quality though

Zoorock Girl! said:
Unless these songs have leaked, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

List purely based on clips heard - so yep, parts of the songs have been leaked. Enough to make a list (however ridiculous)? - definitely. No matter how short, how bad quality is etc - you can definitely get a vibe for the music/songs etc. Good enough for me and everyone else who has made a list.

i dont know about everyone else, but hearing new u2 material in 4 years makes me pretty excited. So if a clip comes out with one minute of bad quality and spanish guys talking over it, im going to listen to it a hundred times, dissect it, and post about it.

boosterjuice said:

Miracle Drug;

Vertigo:
"Get the mic closer"
"This sounds great"
"I'm pirating this"
"Yes, this is Bono"

"No one will mind us talking"
"They won't be able to understand us"
"Are you getting it?"

for some reason the solo on miracle drug, remainds me of the guitar solo in Audioslave's song Like a stone.

I like "Vertigo" and "All Because Of You" the best, really strong melodies, energy,brash guitars and anthemic qualites will make them fan favourites in the long run... "Miracle Drug" sounds very promising but its difficult to get a feel for the whole song from this clip; to me it sounds reminscent of "Bad" which is cool since I don't think they've explored the sounds on that song enough..:)

"Love Or Peace" is an unexpected sonic diversion for the band, possibly opening new exciting avenues for future albums ;)

Last edited:
PowerSurge said:

"No one will mind us talking"
"They won't be able to understand us"
"Are you getting it?"

The spanish dudes said "no one will mind us talking" ? Are they crazy? We're all furious with them talking.
When I listen to the album in November, I'll be hearing these spanish guys in my subconscience when I listen to Vertigo, Miracle Drug, and LPOE.

1) Miracle Drug - this song has a dance groove like Ab and POP, this is what i've been waiting for !

2) Vertigo - I like this a lot too almost as much as Vertigo

3) Love Peace ... - I don't know what to make of this but i think i'll like it

4) ABOY - this one i'm not crazy about from the clip, it reminds me of Elevation which i don't like at all, but once i hear the whole song i bet i'll like actually like it

boosterjuice said:

The spanish dudes said "no one will mind us talking" ? Are they crazy? We're all furious with them talking.
When I listen to the album in November, I'll be hearing these spanish guys in my subconscience when I listen to Vertigo, Miracle Drug, and LPOE.

did you know that the word 'gullible' cannot be found in the dictionary?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom