ABOY rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beutiful Day is definitely a U2 classic ans one of the best songs of the last 10 years.........

I think Original of the Species should be the next single. THAT song has potential. Aside form that I do think ABOY could be very successful if the video is as good as i'm hoping it is. Sometimes could work well in Europe. I don't live there so I dont really know. :shrug:

Sometimes is a nice song, ABOY is a nice rock song. None of them get me really excited.

Lancemc said:

I know you aren't talking to me, but COBL really gets my blood pumping. :) Great song.

Yea COBL is great soaring song, I agree with ya 100 per cent

ZeroDude said:

What excites you on the album then?

Yahweh
Miracle drug

I listen to the entire album ofcourse, but these two songs just have something special for me

Is it worth comparing them? Some of the music U2 made in the 80's is absolute killer, the best of the decade. The first 2/3rds of the 1980-1990 Best Of is flawless in terms of individual songs. I don't think it's really worth dwelling on whether anything on their latest is "better" than U2 classics. The year is now 2004, and will shortly be 2005. By all means listen and praise U2 songs from 15-25 years ago, but I personally don't think it's worth measuring individual songs they produce now against ones they produced then.

Then again, I might be talking rubbish. To me, SYCMIOYO is a superb song, "U2 classic" or not. The very notion of deciding whether a song is a "classic" a few months after it's been out is pretty flawed anyway... was With or Without You a classic the second everyone heard it? I expect, like many songs on this album, it had to grow on people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom