ABOY guitar solo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
OH MY GOD. Let me just say, if Edge's solo on this song is not on the album, I will cry!

*worships the ground beneath his feet*

GibsonGirl said:
OH MY GOD. Let me just say, if Edge's solo on this song is not on the album, I will cry!

*worships the ground beneath his feet*

He doesn't have feet, he has some sort of android, alien out of this world, balancing bi-pods.

Re: Re: ABOY guitar solo!

TC2290 said:

He doesn't have feet, he has some sort of android, alien out of this world, balancing bi-pods.

:lmao:

I stopped breathing when that solo came crashing through my headphones. DAMN THAT'S GOOD.

Axver said:
I stopped breathing when that solo came crashing through my headphones. DAMN THAT'S GOOD.

I was completely taken aback, because it has been so long since Edge has done a good solo on a new song! Imagine hearing it at full quality...

This album is going to be bloody amazing. These MP3s only confirm it.

One of the reviews said ABOY (from the album) had a solo.
So, yeah I hope to God it's the same one.

In my opinion, this is the better of all the new shit I've heard so far. Good classic rock, that sounds great, fresh and really had some cool chord structures and harmonies by Edge.

Oh yeah and the kick ass solo.
ABOY=so far I am in love with this song.

the one I have is 2:42, it's the TOTP version and it's on the same thread with 700 replies or whatever. Look at the threads 10-15, somewhere in there. There are a few links on that thread.

I'll be honest, I wasn't too happy from the original beach clips we had of ABOY.....but this is great!!! It's really growing on me.

It's very straight forward.

The ending's got a tinge of Wild Honey....anyone else hear that?

Just heard the "real" ABOY leak, amazing stuff!!!! the guitar solo is so wicked by Edge, so WHHHOOOOO. The CD quality album version will blow me away, 110%.. but dont see the connection with "Wild Honey", maybe its me. The two forbidden words in relation to this new record :wink:

Bono is playing an acoustic guitar.
Wild Honey had acoustic guitars, there is the similarity.

it could be said about any song with acoustic guitars, I guess.

:wink:

so far we've 5 samples or songs from the new album, and all of them have extensive Edge work on them, if you count Vertigo's short solo by Edge as one, 4 out the 5 have one (vertigo, ABOY, Miracle Drug, Love and Peace). This is definetly an Edge album, and that means good things...

This thread deserves more pages. IMO COBL is overrated and ABOY is underrated when you look at the reactions on this forum.

I dont think COBL is overrated, its awesome, but I just think ABOY is just as good. Better? cant say now. What I think it is, is the band performed COBL so well, Bonos voice is in top shape. He didnt do as well with ABOY I dont think, and the sound quality is shit. I think when we hear this CD, its over. ABOY definetly no. 2 single.

Back
Top Bottom