ABOY -- 2:45 mark onward … - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 08:42 AM
ABOY -- 2:45 mark onward …

is shear RnR like I've never heard from this band. This is kind of what I expected more of, from the early reports that the album would be harder. At least this song survived the cut … and delivers a scorching ending to a good song.
Nice work boys.

Old 11-12-2004, 01:28 PM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 01:42 PM
Bono's scream leading into the solo is the albums highlight.

Old 11-12-2004, 01:36 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 05:42 AM
I also like the heavy RnR part. I'm just glad that the album didn't over-do-it on that style. Any more would have been over-kill.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:50 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 05:42 AM
I've always felt that this was the weakest song on the album, but the part you refer to is a pretty scorching segment. I don't know, I just can't get over the clumsy syllable manipulation to match the melody: "Aaaall bec aa ause of youuuuu....Aa aa aa aall bec aa ause of you." But then I had the same problem with other songs (mysterious ways) only to have it go away.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:42 AM
U2's hardest rocking song ever.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:19 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Re: ABOY -- 2:45 mark onward …

Quote:
Originally posted by EXIT_TO_THE_NORTH
is shear RnR like I've never heard from this band. This is kind of what I expected more of, from the early reports that the album would be harder. At least this song survived the cut … and delivers a scorching ending to a good song.
Nice work boys.
I dont understand when people say this is what I wanted more of. Did you want an album of 11 tracks that sound the same? All Because Of You is a great song and fits in with the album great. The album has so many different styles of songs which is why it is a GREAAAAAAAAT album! Achtung baby was the same with many different styles, and although not popular with every fan, Pop also was a very good mix of different styles. Thats why U2 are THE GREATEST BAND EVER!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 02:28 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Re: ABOY -- 2:45 mark onward …

Quote:
Originally posted by rjhbonovox

I dont understand when people say this is what I wanted more of. Did you want an album of 11 tracks that sound the same? All Because Of You is a great song and fits in with the album great. The album has so many different styles of songs which is why it is a GREAAAAAAAAT album! Achtung baby was the same with many different styles, and although not popular with every fan, Pop also was a very good mix of different styles. Thats why U2 are THE GREATEST BAND EVER!!!!!!
Damn straight. 1 ABOY is enough. They're U2, not BRMC.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #8
The Fly

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Did I say I wanted this ? NO. I said I expected more of it based on rumors and rumblings. Did I say I wanted 11 tracks that all sound hard rock ? NO. I said this portion, in this particular song, is very delightful … and what I thoguht we'd hear more of on the album. One, 30 second rawkess section of a song is a far cry from an entire album. I just thought we'd hear something in the middle of the spectrum … BUT I am not complaining. I love every second of the album. would not change a thing.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:47 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:42 AM
Re: ABOY -- 2:45 mark onward …

Quote:
Originally posted by EXIT_TO_THE_NORTH
Nice work boys.
Exactly my feelings.

Everytime this song starts I'm waiting for Bono's scream and Edge's solo. I heard that part alone more times than I have heard the whole song. It's already one of my favorite U2 moments. I wish the whole album was a bit more like that.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:10 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 12:42 PM
What I love about the song is that its not just about 2 verses and 2 choruses and then a playout. Its got a lot of music going on, it seems it has a lot of music crammed in to what is about 3.30mins. It is a great tune.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:57 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

For the record, this segment of the song in question is basically just lifted from the live versions of "Last Night On Earth" that the band used to play while snaking across the world with PopMart in the late '90s.

The vocals are OBVIOUSLY different (there usually weren't any in the live versions from that tour), but the music is more than coincidentally similar. Either way, I also love the way the song ends...that was always one of my favorite moments from the PopMart tour, so it's nice to hear it shine on an album and with studio-quality production to back it up.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:04 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...
For the record, this segment of the song in question is basically just lifted from the live versions of "Last Night On Earth" that the band used to play while snaking across the world with PopMart in the late '90s.

The vocals are OBVIOUSLY different (there usually weren't any in the live versions from that tour), but the music is more than coincidentally similar. Either way, I also love the way the song ends...that was always one of my favorite moments from the PopMart tour, so it's nice to hear it shine on an album and with studio-quality production to back it up.
Yeah, I had noticed that and the Last Night On Earth live versions have always been one of my favorite live moments from U2. I'm glad they did it.