abbreviating song titles.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickypiemcg

The Fly
I have done this but I'm realising how annoying it is! Instead of writing "until the end of the world" people write UTEOTW etc! Sometimes they don't even say what album they are talking about so you have to work out what song they are talking about. most of the time i can't be bothered!

nickypiemcg said:
I have done this but I'm realising how annoying it is! Instead of writing "until the end of the world" people write UTEOTW etc! Sometimes they don't even say what album they are talking about so you have to work out what song they are talking about. most of the time i can't be bothered!

I'm all for them!!:dance: :rockon:

Abbreviating "UTEOTW", "ISHFWILF, "SYCMIOYO" etc is ok, in my opinion. But people who abbreviate Miracle Drug are just lazy...

If its possible to say "City" instead of COBL or "Wild Horses", etc then I prefer that. It just takes me too darn long to figure them out most of the time.

U2 need to release an album with song titles like "ISHFWILF" and "COBL" and "WGRYWH"...just to screw everybody up.

Bonochick said:
U2 need to release an album with song titles like "ISHFWILF" and "COBL" and "WGRYWH"...just to screw everybody up.

Or they need to stop makin' such friggin' long song and album titles...I mean come on... I believe it was typhoon who said "Stuck in a Moment That You Can't Get Out Of...the word STUCK implies that you CAN'T GET OUT." :laugh:

PITNOL... whoever started that needs to be smacked :D

Oh My Freakin' God... :lmao:

PITNOL is the greatest abbreviation in the history of mankind in all of the universe!!!! :rockon:

By greatest, I mean funniest......... of course.

Bonochick said:

If they did this, we would have to then make up complete names for the songs! That might be harder than the acronyms!

pepokiss said:
PITNOL!!! :rockon:

:rockon:

pitnol.jpg

I guess I don't mind UTEOTW, SYCMIOYO etc but the 2&3 word songs I think you should just write out the full name.

My biggest problem is PITNOL is that just writing PRIDE is 1 less letter:huh:

It is kind of funny though:wink:

Back
Top Bottom