Abbey Road Week One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering why there was an Abbey Road thread. Now I know :happy: This one's for you Westport
smoking-smiley-5411.gif
re: your page 1 post

I did see some pics in Pleba which led me here :shifty:

:corn:

U2dork said:
If Larry's talking things up, these songs must really hold a lot of potential.

Excuse my language, but DAMN! There's some real life-changing s*** going on here! :ohmy: :drool:

U2.com - NEWS FROM THE FRONT

September 18...

Bono found himself at a loss for words on how great the new material is. 'Well...I uh...I don't know, it's...something?' said the bewildered singer.

Liam Gallagher came to the studio today, knocked over a few mic stands, and left without leaving a trace. We never actually saw him, but we knew he came...the wreckage gave it away.

Adam had us stay up really late to help him test his different sleeping medications and make sure there were no adverse effects. When I woke up this morning, there seemed to be none.

Was any actual music recorded? Nah."

:mad: They seem to be slipping. :slant:

Day 1 in the abbey road studio = big brother voice

larry is in the bathroom talking about liam

bono and the edge are in the sound booth

adam is at home

MrBrau1 said:
Those hoping for a drastic change in sound will be very disappointed. What a bonus.

hold me... :flirt:

the one reason why i'm semi optimistic that we'll see a new album next year is because the words "over-production" and "rick rubin" do not go together... which may be why they chose him in the first place :hmm:

u2 albums take forever because they tend to over-analyze everything... that is one thing you don't find with Rubin.

take "under the bridge" for example... kedis went to rubin and said he thinks he had an idea for a song but it doesn't quite fit the normal chili's sound so he doesn't know if they should do it. rick made him lay it down anyways, and bada bing bada boom, an all time classic is born.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

hold me... :flirt:

the one reason why i'm semi optimistic that we'll see a new album next year is because the words "over-production" and "rick rubin" do not go together... which may be why they chose him in the first place :hmm:

well I don't know about that....RHCP are more produced than they ever were...
and more than production I'm worried about mastering - I don't know if Rubin has any part in mastering RHCP albums but they are overmastered or better to say overcompressed...same as last U2 albums...I hope that it will not get such treatment this time

MrBrau1 said:
Cool. Rubin's a good producer. I like alot of records he's been involved with. Those hoping for a drastic change in sound will be very disappointed. What a bonus.

"I have a feeling that because of Rick's presence and some other things as well that it's going to sound very different," continues the Edge. "When people spend time with it, they'll pick up on a different spirit, and I think it is a departure. We don't want to spend a whole lot of time on this album, so hopefully we'll get on a roll and get it out there. But really, it's early days."

:hmm:

If U2 didn't have the tour to contend with, the album would be finished much sooner. Cause they'll probably spend the better part of October rehearsing, and then November- mid December on the road, and then christmas break. So after this month, they probably won't seriously start working on the new album until next January. I fear the momentum will be lost, and that Rubin will be doing other things by then.

* I am glad U2 are honoring their fans in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Hawaii. I'm glad you are getting your shows, you guys deserve them. I'm just saying that if your shows would've been done in march/april, they could keep working on the album right through until it's done. However, they did what they had to do then (postpone the tour due to Edge's daughter), and they're doing what they have to do now (finish the tour dates). I don't slight them any.

Looks like the promo for the single or maybe the video for the single.

Wheels in motion for the single then.

Earnie Shavers said:
Zero change in sound is fine. A drastic change in quality would be nice though. :wink:

Yep, because no one ever complains about the Bomb's sound. :lol:

Wow, I bet that's for the single cover. A nice homage to Abbey Road. Not terribly original, but still incredibly kickass! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom