AB vs. POP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which era do you prefer?

• AB and ZOOTV

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • POP and POPMART

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would also say AB and zoo,, BUT its still damn hard to decide. I think Popmart was out of this world. Amazing in everyway. Zoo just had more personality.. So up close and in your face. Pop seemed more out of reach in some ways.. But still absolutely amazing,,

Let me just say this while I did vote for ZooTV here because it is indeed my favourite tour, if any other band other then U2 put out Popmart it would be seen as truely revolutionary...it was just well ahead of its time, and most people unfortunatly never understood the album or the tour.

AB/ZooTV for me. One of my biggest regrets is being 13 years old and stuck in Russia when U2 toured Melbourne with ZooTV, :(

POPMart I find a mixed bag; never liked the whole visual design of that era for starters. I know that it was the whole point to be over-the-top and garish, but I just thought the band looked out of place and awkward. Kinda like a brilliant, but completely miscast actor.

Zoocoustic said:
The album Pop was inaccessible and messy......... very unfriendly to the casual listener. (And don't

The casual listener. Just about sums it up. In my opinion if you don't put anything in you don't get anything out! I thought that is what U2 albums were all about, having to listen to them to truly hear the quality. Not putting the fuc#er on in the background while your doing the bloody ironing!:huh:

Easily Achtung and Zoo TV. I actually watched the Sydney show today and I'm still amazed at how well everything worked together on that tour. Every idea they had at the time clicked.

Back
Top Bottom