A year and over 3 months after it's release... ATYCLB climbs back into the Top 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
This week's biggest jumper on the Billboard charts... All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2, jumping from 66th to 25th on the Albums Chart. WOO HOOO!

------------------
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller

Dressing like your sister, living like a tart. They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art. You're a headache... in a suitcase... You're a star.
come september alot can change
summer's love turns to winter's pain in new york

A year and over 7 months later,; Headache in a Suitcase still has a damn headache! How can we help this brave INTERlander?? Much love to you HIAS
smile.gif
Thanx for posting the goods!

XOXOXO

That is amazing. Just as a matter of interest, is this the biggest jump ever in music history? (i'm wishin)

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

I guess ATYCLB will go 4X platinum in the US eventually. I didn't think it would happen, at least not for awhile, but I think it'll happen. Especially if they win a whole bunch of Grammys.

I'm excited about this as well.. very nice indeed. Is there anything beyond platinum or is that the highest you can get?

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

elevatedmode, the highest you can get is the diamond award, for sales of at least 10 million, which Joshua Tree got.

What are the odds of U2 putting out an album this year, then all of the sudden people just started buying ATYCLB at the same time and both albums ended up in the top ten?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

If ALTYCLB is still popular then it would be more logical to release another single off that album, rather than release new material.
Might as well milk it for all its worth.

And that, my friends is a fine example of the chicken milking the cow
eek.gif

------------------
Z69Edge@aol.com <<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

Every dog has it's day

Now would you complain if there was a 5th single released off ATYCLB?

This rumoured new album might not be out for a 6 months to a couple of years, so might as well release another single whilst the album remains popular.

Or that's what I'd do. Not that I know anything about marketing music.

Originally posted by JimmyChicken:
Now would you complain if there was a 5th single released off ATYCLB?

Me? Hell no, I was making a comment about your name, which I find cool and tied it together with something else you said about milking it
wink.gif

It sounded good at the time
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ericb:
elevatedmode, the highest you can get is the diamond award, for sales of at least 10 million, which Joshua Tree got.

Thanks for the info!
smile.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

I just looked at Billboard.com & ATYCLB is holding strong at 26. Stuck is #12 on the AC chart, & the BO is #4 on the catalog chart. Wait until the Grammies...

I get a feeling there will not be a 5th single though. If so, I hope it is WILATW.

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
I just looked at Billboard.com & ATYCLB is holding strong at 26. Stuck is #12 on the AC chart, & the BO is #4 on the catalog chart. Wait until the Grammies...

I get a feeling there will not be a 5th single though. If so, I hope it is WILATW.

What's deceiving about this week's Billboard charts is that ATYCLB, while dropping from #25 to #26, rose from 46,000 copies sold to 53,000 copies sold! That's a substantial increase. Often that type of sales burst would generate a Gold background. But this week, sales were strong across the board (most likely due to longer weekend and students being out of school for winter vacation), so it wasn't enough to get ATYCLB that Gold background nod. Still, that's 100,000 copies sold in the last two weeks - for an album that has been out for 68 weeks!

And if U2 can win some big Grammys (like Album of the Year), we might, just might, see the album pop back into the top 10 for a week. If that happens, then I agree - a fifth single should be issued to keep the album going a while longer. After all, how many albums chart in the Top 40 in the U.S. for three consecutive years?

I definitely think ATYCLB will go top 10 after the grammies, especially if it wins album of the year. There will be so much hype around the album at that point, I'm sure the record company will pick up on it, and you will see commercials stating ATYCLB winner of AOTY and all of that. I have a feeling that a 5th single will be released if they tour Europe as rumored, but if not I think they will continue to milk Stuck since they are playing it on the Grammies...who knows. One thing I would bet on is that they won't put out a new album until 2003 at least. Maybe a 90's best of around Xmas...or even better, a remastered catelog, like the new Elvis Costello reissues with bonus discs...one can dream...

Back
Top Bottom