A "Vertigo" clip on the radio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
I may have to listen to the radio this weekend, but I have no idea which LA area station would be playing it!

Anyone from around here have any ideas?

possibly kroq, but i doubt it. if anyone would play it, i'd bet on Indie 103.1 or KLOS.

I am officially SUPER HYPED UP NOW!!!

This is for any aussies on the board.. Do you think it will be triple M or Triple JJJthat will play vertigo first? I reckon it will be JJJ as they have supported U2 since the very beginning.

I am assuming you guys and gals over in the states will hear it before us down unders so PLEEEEEASE somebody who is a technology wizard rip it from a radio broadcast, to tide us over before we get to purchase it

brownda

brownda, triple M doesn't deserve to play it because of their new restructuring opening the floodgates for teenyboppers. I hope 107.9 Life FM or Triple J or MAYBE SAFM play it. I hate Triple M now, they caved!
Anyway, depending on how many radio stations have it, lets say that 200 radio stations have it around the world, this is high enough a number for a guaranteed leak within the next few days. There is always someone who will!

GO VERTIGO GO!!

Yargh! I feel like I'm going nuts here, waiting for someone else to hear a promotion resembling the one 92.1 played and confirm that I'm not making this up.

I think I'm going to e-mail the promotions department of 92.1 and ask about this...

This. Is. Unbelievable.

Words fail me. It's finally happening. Someone leak this thing and fast!

Thanks aussieu2fan, Lets hope we get the boys to tour hear this time! Me and my wife have both agreed if they don't we'll be flying overseas to catch them!

I see you're from adelaide, I sincerely hope you get them like you did for ZOO TV. My wife was lucky enough to see them in sydney 1989 :-( and she says it was heaps better than POPMART and ZOO TV becasue it was inside with only 7000 and not 70000. But it looks like if they do come it'll be Football park, MCG, telstra stadium etc etc.

brownda

Well we know they are definately coming to Australia from previous information. They couldn't POSSIBLY miss out on Australia again, it would cause uproar for Aussie fans. They will probably come to Adelaide, and if they don't, i'll bloody well walk to Melbourne! Cheers

discothequeLP said:

possibly kroq, but i doubt it. if anyone would play it, i'd bet on Indie 103.1 or KLOS.

When I do listen, it's 103.1, but U2 doesn't seem "indie" enough for them. But who would be fool enough to pass up new U2? KROQ premiered ATYCLB even though it wasn't the kind of music they usually play. I was hoping to avoid the crap KROQ plays, but I may have to bite the bullet.

I called Kroq today and they said as of now they have know info on when the single will be played and that they don't have it as of yet.

I sometimes forget to check this forum, but if you guys need a place with unlimited bandwidth (ie, it won't ever crash or give an error) to host any mp3s leaks, e-mail me!

:wave:

You know at first I thought they'd play it this weekend, but now next weekend seems like a better time for the leak.

I don't know if I can stand the anticipation, but I'm sure I'll survive...I'm sure I will, I think I will, aaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh!!! :eek:

we will hear it next week, BBC1 have already said they'll play it next week and other stations are bound to as well, we just need some U2 fans ready with their finger on the record button so I can listen to it! :wink:

Ok does anyone else know when the damn single will be played? How many other stations have announced they'll play it this week? I sent out 4 emails to the major radio stations in Australia, not a single reply. Cmon guys we need more details!

What DJ on Radio 1 said they'd be playing Vertigo this week? I know someone on this forum had mention R1 playing it this week (Friday coming?) but never told us what DJ had said that.

All the DJ's in the U.S that have heard the track have always said the 24th, no one has said they'll play it in advance of that. I really hope I'm wrong, I'd just like to know where it was heard on R1 about this week. Maybe it's another piece of U2 dis-information about the 24th and will actually come out earlier and surprise us all! I really hope so, I'd hate to get my hopes up for Friday and it doesn't happen. I mean, even the 30sec clip hasn't appeared yet offically, I'm not convinced they're going to that this time around. Just to hype if even more.

Apparently this guy in the News forum said they played Vertigo over the PA before a Josh Groban concert. So if this is true then maybe it will be out onthe radio sooner rather than later (24th).

That's a pretty good sign, I think some of these DJ's have been telling us what U2's management want them to say, but they just might thow us a curve ball and play it earlier than we think.

I was listening to all the clips on my four song playlist and I noticed adam's bass. Is it just me or is Adam absolutely rocking as far as bass goes ESPECIALLY in Vertigo. Listen to Vertigo and take notice of the bass, it's really fresh, Adam's taking a more controlling approach than previously.

Anyway, what makes you guys so sure there will be a 30 sec leak from U2? I sure as hell hope there is but everyone seems so confident for some reason.

And what is taking so long for Vertigo to be leaked! Comon you incompetent radio DJ's slip up! 'Oh shit were we meant to keep it under wraps until Sept 24th?' 'Oh shit, I only let my cousin borrow it for a sec because my cousins friend friend wanted to listen to it.' 'Oh shit, I only made 103 copies and I must have left a dozen or so lying around.' 'Oh shit, The dog leaked it.' 'Oh shit............I'm fired aren't I?'
COME ON!! LEAK BABY LEAK!!!

EvolutionMonkey said:
Apparently this guy in the News forum said they played Vertigo over the PA before a Josh Groban concert. So if this is true then maybe it will be out onthe radio sooner rather than later (24th).

:rolleyes:

Right. The world premiere of the new U2 single was at a Josh Groban concert?

Yeah. Wanna buy some desert property in Florida?

Sheesh.

shaun vox said:
bbc1 will play the new song this comming week! i dont know how to save it so who ever know's how to plese do so......

Do you know when ? Of course it was BBC1 that first played a version of Electrical Storm

mike

keep in mind that we may actually hear this due to someone at the radio stations actually copying the mp3 of "Vertigo" and taking it home and sharing it on the internet.

i'm actually suprised that it hasn't happened yet, if, of course, the DJ's are telling the truth when they say they already have the single.

Back
Top Bottom