A U2 Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
Yes, I have an announcement...your full attention please. I am happy to announce that my girlfriend Laurie and I are now engaged. Why is this signifigant? Let me share...

I met Laurie last Nov. 23rd in the GA line for the second Phoenix show of the Elevation Tour. We stayed in touch and eventually fell madly in love. We are each others best friends and there is nothing better than sharing our second love, U2. Our apartment is quite literally a shrine. (Embarassing at times when our non U2 friends come over). Laurie was lucky enough to meet Bono and Adam in June outside Hanover Quay in Dublin and was recognized by Bono. He asked her "what she was doing here?" and looked very surprised to see her. You see, Laurie went to 27 shows on the tour, myself only 9...but 3 of them we were both at. Phoenix was my last show, and now I have the best souvenier I could ever have dreamed of.

Just thought some of you might be interested...dream out loud.

Colin Burke
Orlando, FL

that is a very nice story, and thank you for sharing. I also fell in love with a big U2 fan, but our story doesn't end as happily. after a 2 year romance, due to some slight of hand and twist of fate, we both married other people. we keep in touch, but the only things we have to tell each other about are sad memories and nostalgia for things that weren't meant to be.

That's great, congrats!

Well, that's good to know now, I only need to save up to see 27 shows next tour and then Bono should recognize me too! :hyper:

Just make sure you have a version of the song cut off at the end... that orchestra bit at the end of the album version goes on for like 3 minutes after the song's over, you don't wanna be dancin' for 6 minutes, there's beer to drink and stupid dances to one hit wonders to do!

It does bring up a good point though... what would be a good U2 wedding song? AIWIY is prolly the best choice, but still doesn't have the ideal slow dance flow to it... With or WIthout You would be perfect, but very hard to dance to. Hmmm... I wonder

Congrats guys

If she went to 27 shows, I can only guess you are engaged to a millionairess! :wave:

Yes you can dance to All I Want Is You cos couples get up to smooch when I sing it at karaoke!

aww thats so sweet! Congrats! Sounds wonderful! She went to 27 shows! ahh so jealous! lol. I want to fall in love with another crazed u2 fan! I think i need one, some one to finally fully understand me! he'd be the only person who would understand me! everyone else thinks I am insane! any way.. :hug: and congrats and good luck! :D

AdamsMango said:
aww thats so sweet! Congrats! Sounds wonderful! She went to 27 shows! ahh so jealous! lol. I want to fall in love with another crazed u2 fan! I think i need one, some one to finally fully understand me! he'd be the only person who would understand me! everyone else thinks I am insane! any way.. :hug: and congrats and good luck! :D

Me too! Even everytime I go to a U2 concert its always with someone who "likes" them but not um...obsessive like me!

:sad: :sigh:

Congratulations colin and laurie.
Thanks for sharing your joyous news.
You most certainly can dance to that song....you can spend a whole lifetime dancing to that song, nice and close, nice and slow.Feel the love.
You can even teach a non-U2 fan to dance to that song.

** cass controls the urge to tell a story.....but it involves Santana's "Europa", it's a slow song ans how it has touched me once again 22 years on, a bit sad, a bit happy**
ahhhhhh music.
Enjoy your love , your U2 shrine and your dreams.....awww I love love. You've made me smile, the pair of you..thanks.

Back
Top Bottom