A thought about Vertigo(The song)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miracle Drug first
Vertigo second
Sometimes third
City fourth
Original fifth

POP-ROMANCER said:
At the time with 'Achtung Baby' they released The Fly as the first single but it was followed only 8 weeks later by Mysterious ways. While the Fly may be a gamble whil with Mysterious ways, there was no point of discussion that it became a big hit. Maybe this is a strategy that will work:

Oct 2004: Love and peace or else (followed quickly by catchy Vertigo) as a sort of kick off, every first u2 single will work.
Nov 2004: How to dismantle an atomic bomb
Dec 2004: Vertigo (the big hit)

Then the others:
March: Sometimes... (the ballad, like ONE)
June:City...
Sept: ABOY (or Original)

Exactly :yes:
I think U2 run so scared and safe sometimes it's their own worst enemy.
Come to think of it LAPOE would have suited the first release so much better.
This is so frustrating

Vertigo was the perfect first single. Its just as simple as that. To blame it for being TOO popular and TOO successful and well known is just plain ridiculous.

They messed up with the rest of their singles strategy, but Vertigo was the only flawless piece of the puzzle. No other song on that album would have done the 'announcement' job better.

...and yes, for a band now in their mid-40's, no matter how good the music, the announcement IS necessary.

pushing 9 million sales, you cant complain.....:|

HELLO HELLO!?!?! (no pun intended!)

Vertigo makes perfect sense for a first single, its a catchy rockin tune to bring in the new fans.
Its also the first song on the Album everyone hates once they've brought the album.

Love And Peace makes sense for a single, but I think the 3rd single. Sometimes 2nd, Love and Peace 3rd. Then City, and OOTS.

I totally left out ABOY....I do like the song, and it is a single (another rockin' catchy tune, (even if you dont like it!))

Back
Top Bottom