A sad day in New York radio......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Tomorrow is the last day for New York's country radio station Y107. Many of you do not like country music, but I have become a huge fan over the past year. The home of Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, the Dixie Chicks, Brooks and Dunn and yes, Johnny Cash will cease to exist after tomorrow, replaced by a spanish language radio station. No more country music for a while for those of us in NYC.

RIP, Y107.

Hitman

A member of the "Rossi Posse"

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

Originally posted by Hitman:
Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, the Dixie Chicks, Brooks and Dunn and yes, Johnny Cash

the majority of these people do not play country music. they play a crap ass anomaly of country, which sucked all by itself to begin with, but it was original.

but it sucks that you no longer have a station to listen to.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-03-2002).]

Every day is a sad day for NYC radio. The "center of the world", or so we think, has the worst radio I've ever heard. I've resorted to AM sports stations cause FM music is such utter crap. Why can't 92.3 K-ROCK bite the bullet?

------------------
Fuck, the cooler's empty!

Originally posted by MrBrau1:
Every day is a sad day for NYC radio. The "center of the world", or so we think, has the worst radio I've ever heard. I've resorted to AM sports stations cause FM music is such utter crap. Why can't 92.3 K-ROCK bite the bullet?

Which do you prefer:
WFAN-660AM
ESPN 1050AM
Sporting News Radio-620AM
Sports Show w/Scott Farell-6-10am-102.7FM

there is a tear in my beer.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

yeah, NYC radio is pretty sad. but KROCK can't kick it cuz then where'd Howard Stern go??? (yes, i enjoy listening to Howard!!)

Here is my two cents about NY radio. Say no to commercial radio!!!! When will XRK kick the bucket? How many times will Q104 play Stairway to Heaven.

Frustrated, I sought alternatives and found two member supported stations

When in the city, I listen to WFUV (90.7) - Every once in awhile you will here U2, mainly during Denis' show - While at work, I listen to WXPN (88.5) out of Philly.

New York City radio couldnt POSSIBLYsuck worse than LA radio...could it?
confused.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
New York City radio couldnt POSSIBLYsuck worse than LA radio...

You people have no idea what you are talking about. No one has worst Radio than Montreal. Most of our stations only play Top 10 Songs or freaken elevator music.

Our best Radio station comes from Vermont; The Buzz. And it's got bad sound quality, since Montreal radio stations try to block its signal.

I can say this with 100% certainty, no other big city has worst Radio than Montreal.

Back
Top Bottom