A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
totally been into this song lately.
bono's voice sounds amazing:drool:
and the edge's guitar chords ring in the most epic manner.

i actually think this is one of bono's finest performances on record. for me, this era of u2 had his voice at the top of it's power. simply breathtaking...

This is actually one of the few JT/RAH era songs I don't like, and I think it was a total waste of space on the Best Of b-sides disc, especially considering the glaring omission of Treasure.

Axver said:
This is actually one of the few JT/RAH era songs I don't like, and I think it was a total waste of space on the Best Of b-sides disc, especially considering the glaring omission of Treasure.

I think that every omission is glaring on that particular compilation, regardless of what it features as it stands. Bottom line--I really do love this song, although I'm quite certain I'm in the minority. It's easily one of my favorite B-sides from the era.

Well, I think it's one of U2's best songs from this era.
It's one of the songs I first fell in love with when I started listening the b-sides disc.
It should have get a place in R&H

I just started getting into this song as well, Bono's vocal is amazing, sounds so good with the backup singers accompanying him. I'd like Rattle and Hum that much more if they had put it on there.

Axver said:

Yes

Yes

and Yes

:up:

I guess one of the main reasons treasure wasn't included, was because Bono is out of tune for almost the entire track. - probably not the best thing to showcase on a best of album.

A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel should've been on RAH -would've made it a better album.

I think RAH should've looked like this...

Desire
Angel Of Harlem
Van Diemen's Land
Heartland - even though this brilliant song should've been on TUF
Hawkmoon 269
God Part II
A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
All I Want Is You

B-sides -

Desire v this would've been great for promoting the film
Bullet The Blue Sky (live) - even though it's a fantastic version!
Helter Skelter (live)
I Still Haven't Found (live)
Pride (live)

Angel Of Harlem
Dancing Barefoot
Silver and Gold (live)
All Along The Watchtower (live)

All I Want Is You
Hallelujah HSC
Freedom For My People
Love Rescue Me

When Love Comes To Town (as a single only a-side)
Danci
Desire Hollywood Remix
WLCTT remix
God PAart II remix

(edited to include all songs)

Love Rescue Me (live)

I think there's the makings of a great tune in there but it sounds kind of rushed and muddled. But having said that, the rushed/muddled thing is what makes it stand out.

Good tune, could be better

I love this song! It sounds so fresh and interesting. Those melodies and guitars are soooo good. If they had worked more on it it could have been one hell of a song. I love singing it, specially the chorus. Larrys is pretty good here too. :yes:

doubleU said:

Would have been a horrible fit on TUF:huh:

Yeah, an unwritten song would've sounded just plain awful. Five minutes of silence. :yawn:

The full length version is a lot better than the one on the B Sides disc.............but they're both great. Definitely would've liked to see this on Rattle and Hum......

^ full length version, eh? :hmm: could you share it :shifty:

i absolutely ADORE this song! it's amazing. . . very simple musically but the gutiar is FANTASTIC, the drums are very cool, and the bassline is :drool: :drool: :drool:

BigMacPhisto said:
The full length version is a lot better than the one on the B Sides disc.............but they're both great. Definitely would've liked to see this on Rattle and Hum......

Wow. I never noticed that. I've always listened to the original B-side version. It's a whole minute longer than the one from the B-sides disk.

Back
Top Bottom