A Review Of The Best Of That Will REALLY Stir The Pot...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
some people can say whatever they want, because you have to offend and upset the right people to really get in trouble here

if deathbear called someone hitler, people would be screaming for his head

Screaming Flower said:
i agree with melon. it's absolutely ridiculous that people are allowed to use terms like nazi and hitler so casually. it's completely unacceptable and i've been seeing an awful lot of it around here lately.
:yes: i'm a fan of those kinds of derogatory words. i used to use the word "gay" a lot to describe a stupid person or thing, and it made it even worse when i did it around a friend of mine who was gay. i was so embarrassed of myself. :laugh: but anyway, i guess i finally stopped cuz i haven't done it in forever. i guess it was being around all those high school punks.

anyway, stuff like that, referring to another type or person (i've heard people - not here, but in real life - call someone a "stupid jew" when they were clearly not jewish) is just rude.

but maybe we should get back to the subject at hand...uhh, what was it? :wink:

The Wanderer said:
if deathbear called someone hitler, people would be screaming for his head
hahahahaha

please,
if anyone but deathbear would spend his time trolling EYKIW (yes, IMO this has nothing to do with a difference of opinion / free speech or whatever
he would at least throw in an argument once in a while instead of just giving us the "sell out routine" in just about every thread he posts in
I don't believe for one minute that his posts have more to do with annoying as many U2 fans as possible than with expressing your concern about where U2 in your opinion is headed/went)
he would have been reprimanded a long, long time ago

+ deathbear has expressed his Hitler fetish more than once
and I'm quite sure Ishkash was referring to that
(wouldn't be my first choice, but it does comply with the "shock tactics" deathbear is so fond of himself)

i have a fetish with hitler? news to me. cause i posted about that sorta thing a while back, that makes me worthy to be labeled as him?

and im trolling...hmmm...cause me along with a few people dont like atylcb and we have the balls to say it? have i not made it clear that i like both the hands that built america and electrical storm?

but it is true, had i said that to anyone else, i would get blasted - and for good reason.

salome, sometimes you are a very akward individual who appears only to go after my throat. thats fine, but you do not need to ligitimize hitler-name calling.

Salome said:
hahahahaha

please,
if anyone but deathbear would spend his time trolling EYKIW (yes, IMO this has nothing to do with a difference of opinion / free speech or whatever
he would at least throw in an argument once in a while instead of just giving us the "sell out routine" in just about every thread he posts in
I don't believe for one minute that his posts have more to do with annoying as many U2 fans as possible than with expressing your concern about where U2 in your opinion is headed/went)
he would have been reprimanded a long, long time ago

oh, and i HAVE said why i feel this way. i mentioned in this thread, if you care to look back, how i felt u2 sold out with the target and best buy "shananigans back a few months ago."

plus i felt i agreed with the writer of the article.

Zoomerang96 said:

ouch...that ones gonna cost ya.

you dont go around calling people hitler. ever. unless your refering to hitler. which you were not.

again im so sorry that i agree with what many other people are saying outside the friendly confines of interference...u2 has lost the plot with atyclb.

but back to that point ishkash, thats simply unnacceptable.

I apologize for what I said, but you should not forget the fact that stating your opinion is something different from imposing something just because you feel it.I find words like "dont even try to argue with that" very rude and offending.

But as you rightly said I still shouldnt have said that.

Zoomerang96 said:

ouch...that ones gonna cost ya.

you dont go around calling people hitler. ever. unless your refering to hitler. which you were not.

again im so sorry that i agree with what many other people are saying outside the friendly confines of interference...u2 has lost the plot with atyclb.

<shrug> There are multitudes of people out there who think that U2 have lost the plot with Joshua Tree/Rattle'n'Hum/AB/Zooropa/POP. And people who think that U2 haven't done anything worthwhile since WAR. And people who think that U2 sucked from day one.

That, IMO, makes it pretty pointless to try and back up your own opinion with "what many other people say".

Zoomerang96 said:
and im trolling...hmmm...cause me along with a few people dont like atylcb and we have the balls to say it? have i not made it clear that i like both the hands that built america and electrical storm?
have the balls to ... ???
come on, you are more liabeled to be labeled a freak around here when you do think ATYCLB is a good album

and I still think your insistent "selling out"-crap has more to do with trying to be annoying than with your concern re. U2's credibility

salome, please.

it comes down to you not wanting to accept my opinion. when it comes to pop or radiohead threads for that matter your as bitter as i am when it comes to atyclb.

ishkash, your absolutely right. saying "dont even start to argue with that" is rediculous.

well believe me already. i feel this way, big deal.

and just why exactly does my opinion matter so much? is it cause im "trolling"?

this thread, is based on a negative review. i agreed with it. i dont see whats so hard to believe about that.

I don't believe you have to post that you think U2 are sell outs 10 times in 3 days because that is your opinion
it is your opinion, I don't doubt that
but I think you post it at least 7 out of those 10 times to annoy people

your opinion isn't a big deal to me

Salome said:
your opinion isn't a big deal to me

i think that all this speaks for itself.... :sexywink:

alright then. i cant stand when people bash pop for rediculous reasons, so i can sympathize with what what your now saying.

i will simply make a greater effort to state my opinions on this matter in a far 'nicer' tone. obviously my wording is in a way that would aggravate people, and ill stop that.

but i certainly hold the right to speak in a proper way about how i feel about this IN threads of its relevance.

hows that?

Zoomerang96 said:
you people lose perspective so easily when it comes to u2.

its rather amusing. you hold u2 to untouchable hights, and cant stand any critism.

ofcourse this guy was a bit off, but the essense of what hes saying is right. u2 has sold out.

and dont even try to disagree with that.

you can try and try and try and forget about the target and best buy shananigans back a few months ago, but no matter how hard you try and forget about that, it still happened.

i still like u2, but i dont like their new fans. a bunch of loser matchbox twenty crybabies that dont know good music from their own ass.

interest. :sexywink:
I think we live in a different time period..then say 20 years ago.
If U2 starts doing car commercials THEN I will have a gripe..

Marketing their music thru differnt outlets is, umm... mildly ok.

I like you bear as a person regardless of your fanship of RadioNeck/Utoo..

thank u-
DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
Interesting review.

It seems to me that most casual U2 fans DO only like one era of their music , so it'd be tough to find a rock critic that I didn't disagree with when it comes to the whole span of U2 music.

This guy obviously has listened to U2 enough to make the review worth checking out. His dismissiveness of whole albums is a bit obnoxious,however.

Thanks for the post.

Well, you've probably heard it all from me already, but I can respect this guy's opinion - even though I disagree with about 75% of what he has to say - more than the opinions of recent fans who have only lived through ATYCLB and think it is U2's best work to date and trash long-time fans for criticizing it.

I'm not bashing new fans - I think it's great that new fans came on board with ATYCLB. But new fans do not have a holistic understanding of the back catalogue - the context, the competition, the climate in which those records came to us.

I would venture to say that most - not all, but most - of us fans who literally grew up on U2 would say that ATYCLB falls flat, all things considered, when stacked up against every U2 album with the possible exception of POP.

Just my $200.00 worth :sexywink:

I agree with a lot that was said in the review, and I like ATYCLB ok. But it gets knocked on its backside by AB,Zooropa,etc. ATYCLB just sounds so trite in comparison. To me, AB has ten times the soul and class...

One Tree Still said:
Well, you've probably heard it all from me already, but I can respect this guy's opinion - even though I disagree with about 75% of what he has to say - more than the opinions of recent fans who have only lived through ATYCLB and think it is U2's best work to date and trash long-time fans for criticizing it.

I'm not bashing new fans - I think it's great that new fans came on board with ATYCLB. But new fans do not have a holistic understanding of the back catalogue - the context, the competition, the climate in which those records came to us.

I'd say that truly great, timeless music stands as great even when removed from its timeframe. I don't think that, just because somebody didn't live through a certain era, his or her opinion of the music is somehow less valid.

Back
Top Bottom