A question for everyone who lives in Ireland....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I'm a geology major (graduation is way off at the moment), but I was thinking of doing my graduate work in Ireland. Does anyone have an opinion on which university is better or nicer or whatever so I can do a little research on it? Thanks for your help!

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Trinity in dublin, dunno much about it but its popular

Queens University in Belfast which is probably where i will be going, its a really good university as all my cousins and my mum went there and its very popular

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

I'm starting college in Dublin next year so I can probably help - I've looked into them all.

Trinity is lovely, stayed there in the summer. Lovely grounds etc, very high grade expectations. UCD is second, know a few poeple who went there and liked it, followed by Dublin City where I'll probably end up. (lower grades required
wink.gif
)

Wouldn't advise Limeric but a friend who went to UCD said Galaway is the best choice as it's a total student town, up on the west coast - totally cool!

Good luck!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Wouldn't advise Limeric

AHEM!
tongue.gif

I study in UL, yes, University of Limerick! Limerick itself has a bad rep, but its great, seriously, lived in Shannon all my life, just beside Limerick city, and it's grand! The Uni itself, I think we have the best campus besides UCD, UCC(cork) I don't like, was thinking about it, but don't really like cork itself. If yer looking for nightlife, Galway is great for the student life, had a few great nights out there, and most of our class trips go there.

UL apparently has the best graduate record, highest percentage who found high paying jobs in first year out in real world apparently or some shite. It is a great place, you don't even need to go into the city if you don't wanna, the campus is so cool!

Trinity and Queens have the best reps as far as academic. If there's anything in particular you wanna know just ask.

One thing we do differently in UL compared to Galway and a few other Uni's is we have 2 semesters, it can be good or bad.

Hey Bonoforever, whats so bad about Limerick then?
wink.gif

Hey! I'm a geologist in ireland!!!!

Depends whether you wanna be a geologist or not, and what type.
If you want to do physical hard rock sort of stuff prolly dubln or queens. I did hydrogeo/environmental and queens is world renowned for that. Otherwise UCD, trinity and actually Galway does have a bit of it going on. Don't know much about paeleo though.

Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom