A Question About Baby Please Come Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocu2fan

The Fly
This may just be my fasination with things spiritual and U2 but I was listening to Baby Please Come Home the other day and I wondered if U2 chose that song for Christmas because in some loose interpretation the baby being pleaded with to come home could be Jesus?

That would fit in line with WUDM and it would also seem to fit Bono's ambigous lyrics where he could be talking to God or a woman. I don't know its probably really a stretch and never even occured to the band but I wondered what you all thought?

I don't think they wrote the song. From my impression, it is a cover of an old song. I may be wrong tho.

Regardless it's a rockin tune and a really fun video!
biggrin.gif

-sula

he just wants to hug his baby during christmas
we all do (not hugging Bono's baby - all though I know some of us want to do that also - but .... well, you know what I mean)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

but these aren't U2-lyrics
he just wants to kiss his babe

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Oh I hear ya, that's the scenario, sure.
Why did they choose this particular Christmas song? Not to get too much into this in the wrong forum, but the lyrics are comparable to the story of the Prodigal Son (the welcomed return of a son to his father).
The song could be both, something we can relate to and illustrating an idea.

Salome: I could not agree more.

A Jesus/Prodigal Son/Abraham/Noah's Arc comparison is just downright weird. Its a fun song and one of my favorite classic Christmas songs. Thats it. Its a Christmas song about Decking the Halls with your sweet sweet baby, baby. Not about Jesus away in the manger. Thanks.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Back
Top Bottom