"A Night With" U2 on VH1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yoyodyne

Babyface
At 9pm EST *today*, VH1 is airing "A Night With" which will feature a story about a U2 fan who got on stage in the Elevation tour and got to play Edge's guitar.

Could some computer saavy fan please tape this so that non-cable subscribers can watch it too?

THANKS!

I too am jealous. Not so much for getting as stage as much as not being able to see them live. Ever :sad:

That was such a nice part of my evening. I just love looking at :edge: :yes: :sexywink:

I have a question: was that all home video footage? you know, before the concert hoping to be pulled onstage and everything? and then the concert itself? because that was real quality filming...didn't seem like a camcorder.

JOFO said:
I have a question: was that all home video footage? you know, before the concert hoping to be pulled onstage and everything? and then the concert itself? because that was real quality filming...didn't seem like a camcorder.

I thought the same thing too!!! I also thought way too much planning went into where they were going to go once they got near the :heart: when they were sitting outside.....who knows. At least we know the concert footage is real.

yeah, somehow seems setup by vh1.
doesn't matter; she still got to play in front of 20,000 people with u2! more than I'll get to do probably.
she sounded good.:up:

More People Who Played With U2!

Hey,

If you're thirsty for more stories about members in that exclusive club of fans who played with U2. You can see the pics and story of Captive, the guitarist of EXIT--all-girl tribute to U2, at http://www.u2lafans.com

She played "People Get Ready" with U2 at the Nov 12, 2002 show in Los Angeles.

12.one.jpg

I saw that last night too! It gave me chills watching it. I think the best part was at the end of her stint with them on stage, Bono seemed tremendously impressed when she belted out the last tune! I woulda died if that was me!!! Imagine...impressing Bono and the band!!!

DebbieSG said:
U2loopy, that is a nice picture under your name! what decade is it from?

That pic of Bono is from the first leg of the ZooTV tour...I guess 1992-3. That was before MacPhisto came around and during the encores he came out as "Mirrorball Man". Quite the spectacle it was!!!

:)

JOFO said:

They probably went back and filmed it over. Every seen Rescue 911 or America's Most Wanted? Like those, they go back and act everything out again.

I'm not sure about the actual concert footage though. Could've been a clip from Joe Fan's bootleg or maybe something a bit more professional. I've heard that U2 tapes and records all of their concerts, maybe VH1 used some of their stuff :shrug:

I'm sure it wasn't a setup by VH1.

That footage (3 cameras and audio) is all the bootlegs available of that show. If you noticed, a camera from inside the heart, one from straight back, and one shot from the side are all available in the circles. (The audio was mine!)

I really enjoyed the segment on Julie too:yes: I have this boot video at home and she was truely awesome! There is no way it was staged in any way.... Bono's expression is priceless when Julie sang that last note. How cool it must have been to be there!
Andisono- I was at LA 1 when Courtney from Exit was pulled up, she was awesome too! Some of my pics are on that website! She was 3 spots down from me, what sheer joy was all over that girls' face the entire time she was onstage. What great moments!

u2loopy said:
I saw that last night too! It gave me chills watching it. I think the best part was at the end of her stint with them on stage, Bono seemed tremendously impressed when she belted out the last tune! I woulda died if that was me!!! Imagine...impressing Bono and the band!!!

Oh, I know-Bono was so impressed with her...that's gotta make you feel good-if you can impress your idol with your musical talent...wow.

That's one thing I liked-the fact that U2 allows this sort of thing at concerts, I love how they interact with fans and just let them come up and do things like this. I think that is very, very cool-we're lucky to be fans of a band who are that great with their fans.

I am so envious of her! What a lucky, lucky person! I mean, playing with the guys-singing into the same mic as Bono...aaaahhhh! I would have killed to be in her shoes that night!

And yet, at the same time, I'm very happy for her! That's the best fan story I've ever heard-I'm glad she had such an awesome experience. Yay for her. :).

And good luck to her with her music-may she go far and do fantastic things.

Angela

Last edited:
Ultraviolet Light said:
For those of you who missed it, it's on again at 10pm (EST) tonight. And at least half a dozen more times after that... http://www.vh1.com/shows/schedule/series_sched.jhtml?seriesID=10263

Thanks Ultraviolet Light. I finally got this thing taped today.

I will say that after I first read Julie Kryk's story here on Interference and also on U2.com (plus i saw the whole thing up close in vegas), I thought her experience was cool but I also was a little cynical in thinking that she spent waaaaaay too much time planning things out so that she would end up on stage. However, after seeing the VH1 show, I'm truly happy for her. She seems to be a genuine (and kinda dorky :p ) person.

it would totally suck if someone put this online since everybody doesn't get vh1 or 7. rogjt/

Back
Top Bottom