A new song heard in France?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roy said:
Is that Bonos's house? Does he not have a private beach? Anyone know?

In france, and also spain(probabbly more countries around the sea) it is not allowed to have the last few meters to a beach private. If a person gets lost on sea, he/she has to be able to get on the beach, without facing gates and drowning.. that's the law there, so no, it's not a private beach...
pretty neat iron bars on the windows tho :lol:

:hmm: maybe I should download the former beach clips aswell, I've never heard them!

If you play it backwards, I am sure Bono says, “this beach water is making me want to pee”.
399u2_l4_edited.jpg

here's an enhanced version of the mp3 leak.

h t t p : / / rapid share.de/files/26387710/U2_new_eze_beach_snippet__enhanced_ .html

Last edited:
biff said:

Yes, that's his (and Edge's) house, and no, it's not on a private beach. The thing the people are peering through is actually a wall that fronts the property. The house (which is a sort of pinkish-red) is behind that wall.

:yes:

and from what I've seen, this studio is at the back of the estate, so not even visible from the beach.

A few years back , those curtains weren't even there, but peeking in like that :shame:

I don't think this clip is a rehearsal but rather a recording they play at full outside for who ever is visiting. And that might attrackt some attention from the beach as well :)

That is what you say
Cause God is where I am
With the music from a man
Listen to your heart
And never to your head...yeah...yeah

That's what I got.:shrug:

:huh: 16 seconds of muffled sound and people can make out the lyrics and get excited?

I didn't hear any lines except "get out of my head". Acoustic, a bit like SATS.

Axver said:

Yeah, I'm quite appreciative of any clip we get, but I just don't get why the quality is so bad and length so short. I understand hearing U2 rehearsing may be a surprise and even if you do have recording equipment, you won't be carrying it everywhere with you, but surely someone lives nearby with recording equipment and can pop down there to tape the band? If we can listen to concerts live, why can't we get decent length clips of U2 rehearsing?

I think it's kind of like the video/pictures we get of BigFoot. You don't expect to see bigfoot, so when you do, you freak out and fumble for your recording device, shake uncontrollably, and begin to ramble incoherently.

Sort of like U2 beach clips.

biff said:
Sounds nice, what we can hear of it. But why are the people on the beach at Eze always so incredibly inadequate at making recordings? Why are they always yapping, and why are the snippets always so short? What the hell is wrong with those people?

The guy explained that his battery turned off
He heard the rest of the song but doesn't give details, it's curious .:shrug:

Last edited:
Nate Dogg said:

nice avatar...Utley's the man...too bad us Philly fans are suffering once again...

Utley is the man, and his hit streak would make a lot of sense considering his consistency.

Not that I'm saying anything ... :shifty:

Edit: Plus, I sort of look like Utley, so it makes sense for me to use him as my avatar.

we've moles and tor-toises, whats wrong with a little bit of elephant :shrug:

:wink:

Galeongirl said:

In france, and also spain(probabbly more countries around the sea) it is not allowed to have the last few meters to a beach private. If a person gets lost on sea, he/she has to be able to get on the beach, without facing gates and drowning.. that's the law there, so no, it's not a private beach...
pretty neat iron bars on the windows tho :lol:

Same here. I haven't heard that reasoning (makes perfect sense), but we always understood that the water is owned and patrolled by state or federal governments, therefore the last three meters of beach before the water belong to the government.

U2_Neat said:
here's an enhanced version of the mp3 leak.

h t t p : / / rapid share.de/files/26387710/U2_new_eze_beach_snippet__enhanced_ .html

Could you please repost this as the link was not found (after spaces removed that is).

It doesn't sound like a bad song ... but I don't see any sign of taking a new direction :( it's just another ATYCLB-HTDAAB song and that's makes me feel really worried.

So we will have yet another similar album?. 3 albums sounding the same?. I really can't believe it :ohmy:

I know some of you will post "it's just one song" and all that, but I can smell the overused trend in that song yet again. By the way, everything's the same: The band recording sessions at the house beach again, the same songwriting, etc. With that clip I can't help but thinking in Miracle Drug when we listened to it for the first time, remember?

:(

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It's not even a song, it's just 16 seconds...:huh:

Well, I don't see how much different the sixteen second clip could get in the other three or four minutes it likely comprises. The song probably sounds like that throughout.

And I can see where ponkine is coming from. Doesn't sound bad, nice chord changes and all, it just doesn't sound terribly different from anything you'd hear on HTDAAB. Still, as I said before, it's too early to judge. We'd need to hear a few more clips.

GibsonGirl said:

Well, I don't see how much different the sixteen second clip could get in the other three or four minutes it likely comprises. The song probably sounds like that throughout.

And I can see where ponkine is coming from. Doesn't sound bad, nice chord changes and all, it just doesn't sound terribly different from anything you'd hear on HTDAAB. Still, as I said before, it's too early to judge. We'd need to hear a few more clips.

If you heard 16 seconds of So Cruel, would you know what the album is going to sound like?

What about 16 seconds of First Time, SATS, etc?

GibsonGirl said:

U2 needs to do more stuff like Zooropa, where the song completely changes halfway through. or have songs with pretty intros that go into total rock n roll mode, like The Fly on Elevation.

just a thought

ponkine said:
It doesn't sound like a bad song ... but I don't see any sign of taking a new direction :( it's just another ATYCLB-HTDAAB song and that's makes me feel really worried.

So we will have yet another similar album?. 3 albums sounding the same?. I really can't believe it :ohmy:

I know some of you will post "it's just one song" and all that, but I can smell the overused trend in that song yet again. By the way, everything's the same: The band recording sessions at the house beach again, the same songwriting, etc. With that clip I can't help but thinking in Miracle Drug when we listened to it for the first time, remember?

:(

First, got to give props to BonoVoxSupastar for hammering the nail on the head with this:

It's not even a song, it's just 16 seconds...

That alone proves you're jumping the gun, and besides, to answer this:

I have to say that it's not similarity, it's progression. UF, JT, and R&H sound pretty similar (all like classic U2) but if you listen closely, you can hear a large progressing from sound to sound. HTDAAB is a rawer, bleaker, and slightly louder version of ATYCLB, and they sound like they're going for different goals entirely. While ATYCLB's goal was "soul" and "elevation" while occasionally bringing up the world's troubles, HTDAAB is a very, very personal record. A record that show's the writers cares, worries, and fears. Whether or not you empathize with him is your business, but the least you can do is figure out what they're going for.

Musically, the albums are completely different too, night and day, really. They may be setting similar patterns on both records, but the production is key to getting the music and lyrics to work properly together. ATYCLB has a very airy, light sound to it. It gives Beautiful Day and New York some mystique, while ruining Elevation in the process. HTDAAB is very stark and direct, with very little air or dirt, but polish. It makes Vertigo rock harder than it would have on ATYCLB, and helps the experiments they do try (AMAAW) to sound more sincere.

This record...I don't know, it could sound like anything. :huh:

...and just because the guys were strumming their guitars and singing a song doesn't mean it will end up on any album, ever. Maybe they were just playing for the fun of playing.

Maybe they're gonna take a few new songs with them on touring in november and december. Testing the songs for the next album, just like Radiohead is doing on their current tour.

Maybe not. :|

BEACH CLIPS! :drool: :drool:

It has begun :yes:

I'm excited, simply because I've been starved for new U2, and I hate to judge it on simply 16 barely intelligible seconds, but still, I like it.

It just reminds me of the Axtung Beibi outtakes, I gather they're just jamming, just playing and Bono's just singing whatever pops into his head. I imagine that in the end, what we'll end up with won't be anything like this little clip at all.

But in the meantime, it's fun to listen to it over and over and over again and try to figure it out :D

This is what I'm hearing (whether or not it makes any sense is another matter):

'Cause that is who I am
With the message from my head
You take it to your heart
And out of my head, yeaaaah

Hmm, sounds like a love song.. :hmm:

BANZAI said:
Maybe they're gonna take a few new songs with them on touring in november and december. Testing the songs for the next album, just like Radiohead is doing on their current tour.

Maybe not. :|

We can dream.

I've got to say, the depth of over-analysis on this thread is hilarious. And given the total misconception we all got of Miracle Drug from beach clips, I'm not going to put too much stock in this 16 second clip.

Back
Top Bottom