A new review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleep Over Jack said:

Your continued assertions that the band are done, the new album won't be that good etc..when you have not even heard HTDAAB for starters..

Oh and discrediting anyone who disagrees with you as "blind followers" as well. :)

I heard almost half of this album. It will be good. It won't be in the same level of AB or JT.

I discredit anyone who disagree with facts.

U2_Guy said:

I heard almost half of this album. It will be good. It won't be in the same level of AB or JT.

I discredit anyone who disagree with facts.

Half the album? You've heard half the studio versions in at least good mp3 quality? how did you achieve that? :)

In addition, half the album isn't enough to judge whether its as a good as the best U2 albums..

And what are the "facts" ??:laugh:

Last edited:
ADecentMelody said:
Surge, you crack me up. I couldn't have phrased it any better without offending anyone, particularly from Portugal. :lmao:

I'm sure the Portugese are cracking up too.

Facts = no band who's member are in their middle 40's has ever produced records that were better than their best albums made in their careers peak. It's even more difficult (impossible) when this band has made the best album ever.

I heard bad quality mp3 but as some said here, the quality of the mp3 will get better with cd quality, but the quality of the songs will not.

U2_Guy said:

Yes, i live in America. Not your North America. I live in Brazil, South America. And the world knows about "America" lately... The only ppl who don't have a clue about the world is "America".

Again, for my amusement, what exactly does the "world" "know" about America? U2_Guy you are silly sometimes!

PowerSurge said:
Last time I checked Portugal is not a musical hotbed....

Its like getting a review about a Broadway show from Uganda...

I mean c'mon, not that I can't read a bad review, but it seems pretty much based on points contrary to EVERY other review, so I'd pass on this one.

lol. Thank you for putting the words in my mouth. It's just funny b/c it's almost like different cultures have different opinions about different music. I'll just take this one tongue in cheek.

VertiGone said:

Again, for my amusement, what exactly does the "world" "know" about America? U2_Guy you are silly sometimes!

Do you have 2 hours? I can go on and on...

Iraq, Bush, the new imperialism, Cheney, wars created for money, etc etc etc...

Go vote for Bush...again... cause you ppl don't have a clue about the world...

Because something has never happened does not mean it CAN'T happen! don't be so jaded. As for the mp3s, you'd be surprised how much difference there can be compared with fully produced, clear recordings...also you do not know how the 5 or 6 songs you heard will mesh with the rest of the album either.

Last edited:
U2_Guy said:

Yes, i live in America. Not your North America. I live in Brazil, South America. And the world knows about "America" lately... The only ppl who don't have a clue about the world is "America".

Funny, I had you pegged from somewhere else. A couple of my closest friends are Brazilian.

I think you should probably try to separate the people of the U.S. from it's government which some citizens agree with while others don't.

I've read quite a few disparaging comments from you about the U.S. on various threads, its kind of disconcerting.

I'm sure you haven't always agreed with what your government has always done, but I don't think that necessarily reflects on the entire population of Brazil, does it?

U2_Guy said:
Facts = no band who's member are in their middle 40's has ever produced records that were better than their best albums made in their careers peak. It's even more difficult (impossible) when this band has made the best album ever.

I heard bad quality mp3 but as some said here, the quality of the mp3 will get better with cd quality, but the quality of the songs will not.

No, that is an opinion! C'mon now!

ramblin rose said:

Funny, I had you pegged from somewhere else. A couple of my closest friends are Brazilian.

I think you should probably try to separate the people of the U.S. from it's government which some citizens agree with while others don't.

I've read quite a few disparaging comments from you about the U.S. on various threads, its kind of disconcerting.

I'm sure you haven't always agreed with what your government has always done, but I don't think that necessarily reflects on the entire population of Brazil, does it?

:up:

U2_Guy said:

Leonard Cohen produced some of his best work after the age of 40. With rock bands, it doesn't happen too often because the shelf life of a rock band is typcially quite short due to losing members, getting burned out with drugs or alcohol abuse, etc. U2 are a bit of an anomaly in that they have stuck together with the same members for about 25 years and have avoided the normal pitfalls of a rock band. Many artists in other fields do their best work after the age of 30 and 40 - from painters to writers to poets. Why should music be any different? It isn't normally, unless you specify rock bands, and I've already stated why they don't usually fall into the same category.

And who says that the bad quality mp3s show that the song quality is not up there with their best? From what I heard of the clips, the potential is certainly there to be on par with their best. But this is merely opinion, just like yours ----- and certainly NOT "fact".

U2_Guy said:

Do you have 2 hours? I can go on and on...

Iraq, Bush, the new imperialism, Cheney, wars created for money, etc etc etc...

Go vote for Bush...again... cause you ppl don't have a clue about the world...
I think it's quite harsh to paint all Americans with the same brush. Not everyone there has never been overseas or explored the world. I do agree that it's easier for someone to be objective about the Bush administration from the outside, but that is not to say there aren't people overcoming that hurdle from the inside.

PowerSurge said:
Last time I checked Portugal is not a musical hotbed....

Its like getting a review about a Broadway show from Uganda...

I mean c'mon, not that I can't read a bad review, but it seems pretty much based on points contrary to EVERY other review, so I'd pass on this one.

:down:

Michael Griffiths said:

I think it's quite harsh to paint all Americans with the same brush. Not everyone there has never been overseas or explored the world. I do agree that it's easier for someone to be objective about the Bush administration from the outside, but that is not to say there aren't people overcoming that hurdle from the inside.

Can we please leave this for FYM?

Obviously, as an arrogant American I know better than to argue this in this forum:wink:

FullonEdge2 said:

Can we please leave this for FYM?

Obviously, as an arrogant American I know better than to argue this in this forum:wink:
Hey, I was actually defending Americans. I didn't call anyone arrogant. And I agree, why did this subject pop up in the first place?

And Power Surge - not to offend, but that was rather offensive.

Man is it annoying when threads that has an interesting topic just goes in another direction all of a sudden :). Well well, carry on.

Michael Griffiths said:

Hey, I was actually defending Americans. I didn't call anyone arrogant. And I agree, why did this subject pop up in the first place?

And Power Surge - not to offend, but that was rather offensive.

I know. My comment was more or less directed at u2guy. I was too lazy to find his post on the previous page. Man, now I'm taking on the "lazy American" stereotype. I'm not helping my country one bit.:wink:

Does anyone know if there are going to be any other listening parties for fans in any other parts of the world? The album is coming out rather soon, but that would be nice if they did something like they did in Portugal somewhere else.

radioskugga said:
Man is it annoying when threads that has an interesting topic just goes in another direction all of a sudden :). Well well, carry on.

Ah. So after checking the title of this thread b/c I had forgotten what the topic was....some review, hey? Can anyone translate French so we can read that one?

Sleep Over Jack said:
I can't believe someone likened current U2 to The Stones when they turned to shit...just unbelieveable!

And when exactly did the stones turn shit? I think everybody should just calm down why would U2 make a crap album now after all these years? It doesnt make sense, there is no way it will be there best but it will come close.

Yea, carry on.

I'm out of Interference for good.

I'm sure nobody will miss my negativism, arrogance, ignorance.

I'm doing everybody a favour, in fact.

Here even if we praise U2 as the best band ever, even if we say the new album will be good (won't be great for U2 standards though), ppl still think it's not enough.

And who am i, right powersurge? I live in Brazil (you probably know about Brazil as much as you know about Portugal or Uganda), i don't have english as my mother language and i know about rock music as much as an american knows about samba...

I'm back to atu2. That's where ppl like me belong.

Ciao bello!

super fly guy said:

It doesnt make sense, there is no way it will be there best but it will come close.

Haha. After ten pages of trying to separate fact from opinion, we get this. Amusing.

FullonEdge2 said:

I know. My comment was more or less directed at u2guy. I was too lazy to find his post on the previous page. Man, now I'm taking on the "lazy American" stereotype. I'm not helping my country one bit.:wink:
haha, sorry. With everyone being so defensive these days, I automatically thought it was me. Yeah, you damn lazy Americans...never going that extra distance....sheer incompentence! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom