A new report from U2eastlink.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Another member of an already great number of fans who heard the new album. Supposedly he or she has recorded 10 songs, which were played in Bono's summer house in Eze, from the new album on videocamera. At first, it reminded him/her of ATYCLB, but he/she describes it as strong melodies and guitars in I Will Follow style. The link is: www.u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php?f=1&i=19650&t=19650.

*patiently awaits posts containing people pulling their hair out because ATYCLB was mentioned.

once again a report from someone who heard the album, this must be the 6th or 7th one. And again there is no report of a single lyric, yet alone a song title? What is wrong with this world?! Have you all gone mad?!

2 possibilties:

1. people who are not huge U2 fans are getting hear the album and don't care to report that much about it.

2. people are full of shit and no one is hearing anything.

because you KNOW that if any one of us fanatics heard even a fuckin CHORUS the lyrics wouls be transcribed and the song would be described down to the minutest detail.

all these reports are telling us are the GENRE of the fucking music. WE KNOW! Stop re-cycling what U2 and other officials told us ages ago! Give some actual 'details' rather than just vague genre mix n matches and song crossovers. :mad: ARGH!!

GO ALBUM GO!!

JOFO said:

because you KNOW that if any one of us fanatics heard even a fuckin CHORUS the lyrics wouls be transcribed and the song would be described down to the minutest detail.

:lmao:

I can't remember if fans reported hearing ATYCLB before the snippets or not.
I don't know what is with the fanamensia this time around. :shrug:

The report says they have complete 8 mp3s of the songs (w/ bad quality)... And he will post first 'All Because Of You'. :ohmy:

Is this from the same people that brought
us Jordan cavorting around topless??
Maybe this report will have Bono dancing
on the beach in a tutu to the music of Stravisnky. And a report of hearing the
entire album, but not remebering one word. :huh: :huh: :huh:

oi guys how bout this for a translation :
Ten cuidado que con estas cosas a la gente les salen colmillos y se convierten en lobos.

I translated that to:
Well-taken care of Ten that with these things to people to them eyeteeth leave and becomes wolves.

L O L!! What the hell does that mean? Can someone please translate that report for us?

by the way, can someone help me browse those u2eastlink forums. You have to atcually click on each reply to a post to read it which is completely illogical. Am i missing something? I want to read all the replies as my connection is 28k and it takes AGES to load each reply.

AussieU2fanman said:
oi guys how bout this for a translation :
Ten cuidado que con estas cosas a la gente les salen colmillos y se convierten en lobos.

I translated that to:
Well-taken care of Ten that with these things to people to them eyeteeth leave and becomes wolves.

L O L!! What the hell does that mean? Can someone please translate that report for us?

Translated:
We never heard the album. Heck, we
don't even like U2.

victor_f said:
The report says they have complete 8 mp3s of the songs (w/ bad quality)... And he will post first 'All Because Of You'. :ohmy:

Hmm. Probably cause the only "song"
they have is "All Because Of You"
I bet the rest are those fake songs
from Kazaa.
Sorry.....I am in skeptical mood a go go.
:)

can somebody please translate the whole report? According to victor_frankil, they will post the new songs beginning with ABOY. However this could be misinterpreted. Some Spanish guy please translate the whole thing!

I went to that site and did Bablefish, and it still doesn't make sense.
From what I could decipher, this "story"
reads like a badly written fan-fic.

I'm sure it has to sound similar to ATYCLB, after all U2 fucking recorded both albums. Maybe a more detailed desription by these fans would help. My theory is that these fans are more interested in sniffing Bono's jock than actually paying attention to the music.

If I heard one song, shit, if I heard a good recording of one minute of one song, I'd remember the name of the song, the lyrics and I'd put up a fucking guitar tab over on the board here.
it doesn't take all that much effort.

Now, if I heard 10 songs, I can assure you that I would remember at least 7 or 8 of the song titles, detailed descriptions of at least 7 or 8 of the songs, depending on my level of drunkiness, assuming I would be drinking GUiness with the band.
And I would at least attempt to get the name of the album or the name of the first single.

The ONLY thing new that came from any of these reports is the name of one song, 'Miracle Drug'. I think most of us coudl do better than that. WELL, unless you were worried about Bono's forehead sweat.

I just got back from the south of France, and I can tell you I heard the new album, all 11 songs.
Well anyways Bono and Adam were drinking pints and playing Sony Playstation, Bono was really
getting excited and said a few funny remarks and Adam just laughed and said "Bono, bugger off!'
Then Edge, who was wearing a knit velvet shirt with 16 buttons on it, and 14 of them were buttoned
up and he was smiling and drinking some wine and then he said "hey I just got an ache in my back"
and one of the songs sounded like ATYCLB, Larry was making out with some girl in the corner while bouncing on a trampoiline and he
kept chanting the words to 'Danny Boy' and then he fell over and began to sleep, as Edge came
over and teabagged him, it broke the room out in laughter, All Because of You wa splayed and then
Bono got up and drop kicked the TV into the liffey and Adam rollerskated outside and fell over
and skinned his knee then Bono kissed Ali and another song sounded like ATYCLB and then the album was
good and Bono hurt his foot kicking the TV and Ali kissed it, and they laughed and then Adam farted on
Larry's head and Bono sang a line in Spanish.

U2DMfan said:
I just got back from the south of France, and I can tell you I heard the new album, all 11 songs.
Well anyways Bono and Adam were drinking pints and playing Sony Playstation, Bono was really
getting excited and said a few funny remarks and Adam just laughed and said "Bono, bugger off!'
Then Edge, who was wearing a knit velvet shirt with 16 buttons on it, and 14 of them were buttoned
up and he was smiling and drinking some wine and then he said "hey I just got an ache in my back"
and one of the songs sounded like ATYCLB, Larry was making out with some girl in the corner while bouncing on a trampoiline and he
kept chanting the words to 'Danny Boy' and then he fell over and began to sleep, as Edge came
over and teabagged him, it broke the room out in laughter, All Because of You wa splayed and then
Bono got up and drop kicked the TV into the liffey and Adam rollerskated outside and fell over
and skinned his knee then Bono kissed Ali and another song sounded like ATYCLB and then the album was
good and Bono hurt his foot kicking the TV and Ali kissed it, and they laughed and then Adam farted on
Larry's head and Bono sang a line in Spanish.

Source?

That was my synopsis of all of these reports.
A bunch of ridiculous bullshit, and about three lines pertaining to the album, all of which contain no good information and nothing new.

Hinting back to my first post on the thread. It seems like these fans are more interested in the band and what they are doing or what they look like then the music itself. Otherwise they would remember more than one song title. AND NO FUCKING LYRICS.

"Bono looked so cute...." I've seen him 3 or 4 times before, thanks for that insight.

Shit, if I ran into one of the Flaming Lips here, I'd be hitting them up about the MUSIC, of course, I am a music fanatic, who likes music and not the celebrity of the people who play the music.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be star-struck if I met Bono, but he would probably be the only one, and I'd at least get him drunk enough to play me the album. :wink:

I guess what you guys don't realize about the people from U2Eastlink is that they are from Spain and are not very familiar with English. I'm sure it will take them a lot of listens (like it has in past albums) to figure out the actual lyrics.

Just like you can't understand what they're writing, they cannot articulate what any of the actual lyrics are just by listening to the songs from the beach.

Imagine yourself if you can't speak French listening from yards away to a song from a French band you really like and let me know if you will know all of the lyrics from 1 listen.

I realize its frustrating, but I think a lot of you just seem pissed that other people actually have the luxury of driving a few hours and being able to take in the Sun in front of Bono & Edge's house in Eze. Maybe if they decided to play the album really loud outside of Bono's apartment in NY with all of the windows opened a lot of the people here would be camped outside of Central Park West giving us similar reports. Albeit maybe with a better idea of what the actual lyrics were since the people listening would be native English speakers.

FYI, this last report was from a guy, who from what I read in his story could not care less about how Bono looks. He was just quite excited that Michael Stipe was there listening to the album and celebrating the Edge's birthday, and that he seemed to like what he was listening to.

The only thing that pissed me off about his account is that he claims to have recorded (using his video camara) a lot of songs, has converted them to Mp3 and is now pondering whether to post them. This seems to be the MO of those people. They tape, then they say they tape, then they say that it's great and they might post it and then they never do. Same thing happened with the guy from there who originally taped ABOY.

Well IMO he shouldnt be posting anything!!
If Bono took him into his house to listen to this album then i think its pretty poor of him to have taped it. I cant beleive for one minute that Bono woudl ahve allowed this to happen in view of recent events.
He is as bad as the individual who took Edges cd!!

I personally hope that nothing appears on the net. As for all these fans going to Eze fair enough go get your snap and have a look but i for one am getting a bit pissed off at people stalking him at his holiday home.

LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!:mad:

Last edited:
Bono's Tart said:
If Bono took him into his house to listen to this album then i think its pretty poor of him to have taped it. I cant beleive for one minute that Bono woudl ahve allowed this to happen in view of recent events.
He is as bad as the individual who took Edges cd!!

He never said Bono took him into his house. He was on the beach in front of the house. If you look at the pictures of the house it's a few feet in front of a public beach. The terrace where they seem to hang out can be seen from the public beach.

I agree that he shouldn't post anything, but I also think he shouldn't even post about his taping & mp3 conversions.

I would expect it to sound like ATYCLB....the band has already admitted that. It's the same stripped down approach, only with a harder sound as the "ABOY" clip confirmed this. Remember, this is U2 Mach 3 still, so the albums are still going to have some sort of a line connecting them. I don't think any ATYCLB haters were angered about the approach anyway, it was either

A) The lyrics had really annoying rhymes. Mostly a complaint from the indie community that still enjoyed the musical aspects of the album

or

B) The album didn't have enough guitar work in it to excite fans. The new one is a guitar album with the stripped down approach of ATYCLB. I have a feeling that all fans are going to enjoy this one.

Back
Top Bottom