A message from U2.com management

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still not sure why people think paying $40 a year for priority ticketing is such a good deal when there is no guarantee that you'll actually get any tickets and we paid $7 a year (based on how often issues were released) through Propaganda for exactly the same thing. Hell, if what some people think is true, we got a better deal through Propaganda. I've written to them for clarification, but it looks like we might only have access to a single show through U2.com, whereas Propaganda gave us access to two shows. And of course, if this ticket sale is anything like prior sales through U2.com, it'll be a complete shitfest. Why people don't feel that paying five times as much for an equal or inferior service isn't a ripoff is beyond me.

plot180, I agree that it may be a ripoff, but dealing with ticketmaster isn't exactly a great trade-off. :shrug:

Although, with the problems I've been having with U2.com, I'm almost ready to call it even.

Last edited:
Well, my thing is, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head to do anything.

:shrug:

I am not counting on the fan club as my only source of tickets since I am planning on hitting a few shows, but I cannot put all my eggs in one basket. I will deal with the monkeys at fanfire and the evil bastards at Ticketmaster and call in a favor or two with a friend to get what I need. I will stand in like for GA (if there is GA), I will wheel, I will deal.

Much like Bono, I will have lunch with the Devil if it gets me what I want... and what I want is to be within finger nibbling distance of Bono... :wink:

well for me, since I'm most likely going to be out of the country (in Ireland as it happens) and will not have time to spend furiously calling ticketmaster--or calling at all since i'll be without an international cellphone--the priority on tickets is definitely worth it so that I know I'll get to at least one show.....don't know if I'd do it otherwise.....but yeah, I probably would. I like good seats--when you're up in the rafters in an arena show, you feel like you're watching people watch a concert. And for someone who goes to tiny punk shows all the time, that's not the most appealing way to see a concert.

jet_jaguar72 said:
I couldn't understand the first post either..
mad cos they don't give away their shows and we should hate U2?!
Please, I think the Pixies had live cds available at some shows last year as you left the venue, but they still charged.

I HAIT U2 BECUZ !!1! I HAIT DIS ALBUM AN I HAIT U2 DOT COMM!!!1!! WY KANT DEY SHOW KONSERTS ON U2 DOT COMM!!11!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom