A Message From U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for 23 years of happy memories :hug: Being the same age as you guys it bothers me when people call you old, don't listen to them, you are not too old to rock, and you are proving this! Good job guys, this new song is incredible and full of postive energy and I know the album will be great too! I can't wait for the tour, like friends come to visit us again. Please do GA! :wave:

Adam's bassline nearly killed me. Vertigo can have my non-existent babies. Top of the Pops made me shriek like a banchie on acid and hot DAMN is Edge's guitar the Edgiest thing Y'ever did hear.

Give us a smile, though, Lar'. Or I may be forced to come and draw on walls again.

I'm loving Vertigo! It's been on repeat and now even my co-workers have it memorized. :laugh: You guys rock! I've been a fan for thirteen years (half my life), and what can I say? Thank you! :) I love you guys! :heart:

HELLO HELLO!!!!!!!

Thank You x 1 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

WOW!!! U2 ROCKS!!!!! VERTIGO ROCKS!!!!!!!

Canada loves U2!!!!!!!! Hope to see you soon!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

pardon my quick classless response:

Thanks for being there when I was getting laid...

and then when the Bitches broke up with me!

once again sorry for the lack of couth but its true.

This is really bringing out a lot of lurkers! I never knew we had such a wide range of nations represented here! The world loves U2! I LOVE U2! :heart: :wave:

U2 Forever Woo!

You guys need to do about 32 shows in Columbus, Ohio alright? Great. And when you do, call Andy Phelps up on the stage! Woo!

Just wanted say how much you all mean to me...your music has gotten me through some rough times in life, and you continue to inspire me.

Also, your live shows give me the greatest high in the world. Nothing at all compares to how I feel during one of your performances. Can't wait to see you all again!

Well I dunno if you guys expect to get through all of these, buuut for what it's worth, here's the story of when I first heard "Vertigo":

It was a lovely day out (one of the last of the season, I figured) so I decided to skip class (very uncharacteristic of me!) and just hang out with my mates. That evening, my boyfriend John and I grabbed two new friends of ours (Anna and Alex) and took over some random empty classroom and had a little "get to know each other better" session -- Which, essentially, means listening to each other's music (at a volume which could have gotten us in serious trouble). Most classrooms at my uni are equipped with a computer (with internet) and projection system which has a pretty damn decent sound system.

Alex won points with me by being a huge fan of both Coldplay and U2, and Anna won points with John for digging the Strokes and Bowie. Anna and I girlied out and shared fellatio tips (Did I just say that out loud?) while the boys were busy dancing...mostly with each other. Then we drew on the chalkboard and danced to a lightswitch rave (self-explanatory) featuring Bowie's Greatest Hits. Good times.

We all were checking out each other's online journals on the computer, and I saw all the "Vertigo" posts on my friends list. I hadn't heard it yet (cept for a really crappy quality 20 second boot) so I downloaded it (knowing that the school records your every click and keystroke) and played it. The first few seconds was just a thriller. Then Alex started dancing -- not unlike this guy: :dance: -- and totally ROCKING OUT to it, knocking a few desks over. It was awesome.

We were just having a lot of fun that night -- sans alcohol, which validates the fun-ness (and the awesomeness of those engaging in said sober fun) THAT much more. One couldn't have picked a better moment to listen to that song for the first time -- full blast, in an empty classroom at night, the looming threat of someone discovering us and kicking us out of school. Good times.

Anyway...As always, thanks for doing what you love and staying true to yourselves and mostly for sharing it all with us. That is why you RAWK! ;)

xoxo,
Bridget
age 22
South Bend, IN, USA

Last edited:
Hi U2!!

Hi U2!!

It's really nice to hear from you!! The new single (Vertigo) is really amazing, full of energy. It makes me feel happy. I'm so willing to hear the whole LP. I don't think I can wait till 22nd November... but i'll have to.
I want to encourage you to take the next tour back to San Sebastian (Spain). It would be great, 12 years later.
Thanks for your music,

IULEN IBÁÑEZ

I know there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said, but U2 rules my world:heart:

Album after album, you guys never cease to amaze me and my appreciation is still growing.

Vertigo is a giddy rocksong, YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH .
I'm waiting patiently for the album to come out and then hopefully get tickets for the tour. (don't leave us hungry out here please:wink: )

:bow: :bow: Thanks so much :heart: U2

Hello Hello

wow Christmas sure has come early! After waiting ever so patiently for some new U2 its true that Good Things Come To Those Who Wait cos I'm totally in love with Vertigo!!!

A big thanks to you U2 for bringing me so much enjoyment throughout my life...I cannot wait for the new album and I am so excited about the tour!!!

:heart: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :heart:

now excuse me I need to go jump around to Vertigo again!!! :hyper:

Last edited:
Hola U2!

I'm from Luxembourg and I just want to tell you that the new song "Vertigo" sounds amazing, full of energy! A big thanks to all of you... I cannot wait for the new album and another beautiful year with you! See you on tour in Germany...!

Ps: 95 % think that Vertigo is a fantastic song!

vertigo in Bono's car

love the new track, it's brilliant...i was lucky enough to hear it in June while i was traveling around europe me and my mates stopped at the studio in Dublin and waited all day and night for the boys to show. They recorded for while and then around midnight Bono pulled up in his car and told me and my mate to hop in, we were in shock and the Bono says "check this out boys" and throws on "vertigo" it was surreal experience...he dropped us off near Trinity College and signed or records and took pics with us in his car!!!! I will try to put the pic on here somehow in the next couple of days. The sad thing is when I was in Croatia, I had my pack stolen with the autographed records inside....absolutely shattered....at least i have the pics...hopefully one day i will meet the boys again...love the song can't wait to hear the album!!!

Re: vertigo in Bono's car

trav15 said:
love the new track, it's brilliant...i was lucky enough to hear it in June while i was traveling around europe me and my mates stopped at the studio in Dublin and waited all day and night for the boys to show. They recorded for while and then around midnight Bono pulled up in his car and told me and my mate to hop in, we were in shock and the Bono says "check this out boys" and throws on "vertigo" it was surreal experience...he dropped us off near Trinity College and signed or records and took pics with us in his car!!!! I will try to put the pic on here somehow in the next couple of days. The sad thing is when I was in Croatia, I had my pack stolen with the autographed records inside....absolutely shattered....at least i have the pics...hopefully one day i will meet the boys again...love the song can't wait to hear the album!!!

oh wow thats amazing! You must try and post the pictures, would be great to see them. Lucky thing you! :up:

WOW!Vertigo is just stunning- the energy is unbelivable,even after listening to it for the past few days(continously!), it still amazes me.
It's almost too much too take, who should I concentrate on-Bono's amazing vocals, Larry's fantastic drums ,The Edge's Brilliant guitar, or Adam's earthshaking bass!
I know for sure now that this upcoming album will be your best ever, we can't wait!
Thanks U2 :heart: :adam: :larry: :bono: :edge: :heart:

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS. The world can never be completely going to hell in a handbasket as long as you are around. The After all these years of being a fan, I NEVER take a new song/album from you for granted, and I never will. I hope each and every fan never does either. We should realize just what we have in the gift you guys have given us.

When I heard Bono doing that silly countdown, A HUGE grin swept over my face, and I closed my eyes. Pure bliss. And all I could think of all the millions of people around the world, in whatever walk of life, of whatever age, sharing in this unique experience. One love, indeed.

The world is very dark place right now, darker than it's been in decades, but your music is a beacon of light. Now matter its virtues or flaws, it;s here. You can't realize how much that means to me...that you can go on, your questing spirit unchanged. Battered and altered and molded by the profound changed of life, but in essence, unchanged. You joys and sorrows are our own, and ours, yours. We're all part of the same worldwide family, and this is a precious thing for me.

I'm listening, and I'm smiling, a slow deep quiet profound smile ( I will dance later, in the arena, when 'God is moving through the house" -as He surely will) and in the end, I will point my finger upward. For I'm feeling the Spirit, inmore ways than one, and know where this music REALY comes from.

Thank you much guys..and God (or Yahweh?) bless.

All I can say is: THANK YOU for everything!! Vertigo is exactly what I was hoping for, and I'm sure that the album will be even more amazing! I can't wait to see you guys on the next tour!

P.S. Bono, if you read this, could you please start singing the "shine like stars" verse of With Or Without You again? Please?

Vertigo is awsome. just can't stop listening to it. when I can't listen to it, I drive my wife crazy trying to sing it!!! great work and looking forward to the album. See you in San Diego and or LA!!

fellas,

I love the new tune. I can't even tell you how many times I have listened to this song already. I cannot wait to hear this live. Like everyone else on this board I am counting the days until this record is available....

You guys make such great music and touch so many people with your talents and hard work. Truly exceptional.

If I could make a small request for next time you are in Washington DC - Ultra violet - oh that would be so sweet.

Upon hearing this for the first time, I said to myself,......Music has returned! Hey Bono...fuck up the mainstream again please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom