A Message From U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how about coming to maine?
you can crash at my house i have two big couches and one short one and i have an extra mattress in the attic I can bring down.
Itll be super!
we can pop corn and watch movies .
I ll even clean the downstairs bathroom so as not to offend!

message to u2 ...I love you too!

At first I just came in here and thanked you lovely U2 lads for Vertigo, because I really liked it...

but now, after not sleeping for days
and not being able to find any reason other than IT...
(maybe that asteroid and the full moon too...)
I needed to come in here and

beg you to make it stop!!!!

I'm on my knees hoping there's something on the LP that will make it stop, cuz i can't stop playing it and it blows me away...maybe Miracle Drug will help...so...

Thanks for the tracklist too!

If your intention was to induce this sort of state in some folks,

YOU PULLED IT OFF FOR ME!

cheers love and peace...

Is there any slim chance that you could take the tour to the North of Ireland? Obviously not the Odyssey cos it's too small, but some open air place like Casement Park or Celtic Park in Derry?

Saying that, I'll still be in Dublin :)

Absolutely amazing guys. You never cease to amaze, you never dissapoint. Look up U2 in the dictionary and you'll find the definition of a band who honestly cares and respects their fans. Greatly appreaciated.:)

Help I have VERTIGO and I can't get up!

AWESOME SONG!

MUAH!

Looking forward to my first ever U2 concert!

See ya in Chicago!

To Bono and the boys

Hi guys
YOU ROCK - I LOVE Vertigo - it ROCKS!
Please come to Dorset if you can on your next tour
LOVE YOU ALL
HUGS
Heather:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :heart:

U2 has been the soundtrack of my life for the last 14 years....I lost the magic for a while and Vertigo brought it back into my life.....

btw, the best about Vertigo is that, thanks to Steve Lillywhite, :bow: Adam is back...and how....:faint:

i wish i could speed up the time til november :laugh: .....can't wait for more......

"A Little Note" :wink:

Bono, Edge, Adam, Larry thanks for the great tune. Can't wait to hear Vertigo live. Looking forward to the new album and tour. This partygirl loves a great party and thats always the case with U2! I'll be more than ready to rock with you all.

Cheers Mates

:wink: :wink:

ps. just came back from Miami hope you start there :drool: if not perhaps Toronto :wink: :wink:

Dude, you guys are my fucking idols, ever since I was 12 years old in 1985. There is not a day that goes by that I don't listen to a U2 album. You guys are the absolute best when it comes playing live. There is no argument. I still get chills when you guys did Saturday Night Live. You fucking brought the house down. No musical artist ever did that on that show, ever. Your shows are so AMAZING. A U2 concert is the best rock concert ever. There is no argument. I cannot stress that enough.
Adam, please grow back that bushy, blonde hair. PLEASE!!!!!! With all due respect to Bono, Edge and Larry..... Adam is the coolest guy in rock and roll. Slash, formerly of GNR and now of Velvet Revolver, is second. There is nobody cooler than Adam Clayton. Nobody.

I hope I do this right!

This is the first time I've posted on this forum. I've been a lurker. But, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to possibly get a message read by U2. I like Vertigo. I look forward to the new album. I'm sure when it gets closer I'll be as excited as a child the night before Christmas. I'm looking forward to the tour even more!

Here are my two cents: I hope you play in arenas in the U.S. because the more intimate atmosphere is better. There are truly no good seats in a stadium setting. BUT, if you insist on stadiums, so be it. PLEASE COME TO UTAH!!! You only come one night to Utah, but I think you could fill two nights, so I strongly suggest you do. Believe me, half your fans here never get tickets, and the ones who do would probably buy them for both nights. I know I would. Blah, blah, blah. I talk too much.

Anyway, one more thing, Bono, come to Utah to speak or get an award! Lol. Oh, and IF you are in the vicinity, or have nothing to do on November 26th, the day after Thanksgiving in the U.S., R.E.M. will be playing at the E-Center, and I'll be there, and I know that sometimes you pop in and join your friends on stage. Please come and pop in there! :) That would be great!!! I'd say hi!

Yours truly, your friend, U2Traveller.:bono: :cool:

So it is to prove the "we're a punk band" motto, huh?? :laugh:

I loved Vertigo - great tune, direct, effective - kicks ass. :up:
It instantly reminded me of early U2 Boy/October era and while listening to it gave me the impression you guys are enjoying yourselves big time and sort of saying: "see we've still got it? - but we're damn better at it now!!" If the album is in this line it will sure rock, and I bet will make a great live show. Well, in my case any U2 live show would be great to see since in my 21 years as a fan I've never managed to see the band play live. :( Hope this tour reaches South America and I finally get the chance before I become too old, half blind and stone deaf!! :laugh:

Re "The cosmic energy has been in the room with us" - c'mon guys - it's been in the room with you most of the time, otherwise U2 wouldn't have made landmark albums like Achtung Baby, POP or War!!

Now, to prove fans are never content:
a) the "uno, dos tres, catorce" (fourteen ?!?!) is ATROCIOUS :yikes: - splicing block n' razor blade (since we're in the retro wave...) are definitely in order.

b) once the teenage nostalgia wears off and the punk binge is over, does the next one pick up where the wonderful POP left off??

from what i've heard of the new album already, i'm so excited that i could almost wet myself...

If you are reading this I hope you can still see straight after reading all of the responses :D . I just wanted to thank you for being who you are. You and your music has been an influencing force in my life and will be always.
Much love from California,

You guys ROCK!!! I love Vertigo! PLEASE, oh please, come to New Mexico on your tour!!! You haven't been there since 1987! I'm only 17 and I don't think my parents would let me travel to Denver or somewhere in Texas. PLEASE!!! Your fans here are waiting for you! Keep on rocking, and I hope to see you here. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: (one for each of you!)

I've been a fan since I saw U2 on the Tom Synder Show. I love your music.

Thanks and God be with all of you.

Diane

P.S. Please come to Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A. on the next tour.

Ok this may be a little late, but I want to thank Elvis for creating such a fantastic site and bringing us all together and holy **** now U2 is seeing this site and we love them so much. I can't even imagine how much work has gone into this website, but day in and day out it is here, with new content and new people. Thank you The Edge, Bono, Larry and Adam for touching my life, and giving me so much to look forward to on your next tour. Thank you for The FLY, one tree hill, gloria, VERTIGO!!! and my hundred other favorite songs. And thank you for being the best dam live band EVER!
Melissa:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Welcome back! Vertigo is a fantastic single! ! I am looking forward to another roadtrip this spring to see you guys blow our minds with another fantastic live show! Peace out!

Thanks for all the AMAZING music you have made over the years. Vertigo is awesome, and I'm sure that How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb will be too. Keep rocking, because U2 is the real thing. And Bono, you are such an inspirational person, I hope that you can fulfill all your goals and help end the AIDS emergency. You truly are an incredible person, as are the Edge, Larry and Adam, and it is a real privelege to be a U2 fan. I can't wait for the new album, and hope to see you in concert in New York sometime soon!
-maree

Thanks for the songs. They've played a huge part in my life.

Sorry, but I have to say I am disgusted that your music is being used in the iPod advertising campaign. Your music was always so soulful and spiritual and represented so much that was good in this world. Now you've traded that for a bunch of cash so that it can help convince people to buy shit they don't need? How much money do you need?

Why sell out like that after all these years?

I think the best way to be a fan is to be honest and not blindly love everything the band does or defend every action the band takes. I think for myself and I don't think I'll ever think of this band in the same way I once did.

kicked in the guts,
Mr. Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom