'A Man And A Woman' - Simply Irresistable!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:

:wink: Good one. I do think this song might do reasonably well though in the States, if it got a kickass video.

I agree...Americans love fast cars, so they ought to love a kickass song about them :up:

Wierd fact A Man And A Woman is my 5th most listened to u2, with 39 full listens off my computer wierd, I don't really like it.

Loved AMAAW the first time I heard it.

Have loved it consecutively each additional time I've heard it.

Will to continue to love it each time it is heard far into the future.

"Contemporary adult crap"????? :madspit: Same thing was said about that other piece of crap, WOWY and it's done OK. :eyebrow:

And Fast Cars as a single in the States? :drool: :drool: :drool: But I don't ever see it happening. :sad:

popmart86 said:
Zootlesque, what are you smoking and where can i get it:lol: :eyebrow:

:eyebrow: I mean it. It's one of the best and most sincere songs on HTDAAB. Not gimmicky and dumb like Vertigo. Not sugary sweet like City. No trite rhyming schemes like in All Because. Better lyrics than Love And Peace. Better produced than 90% of the album. Lemme put it this way... I'm not a huge fan of In A Little While or Wild Honey, what people would consider equally poppy tracks. But I love Man And A Woman cos it's a sincere love song with some great bass and to top it, the production is prefect!

Zootlesque said:

:eyebrow: I mean it. It's one of the best and most sincere songs on HTDAAB. Not gimmicky and dumb like Vertigo. Not sugary sweet like City. No trite rhyming schemes like in All Because. Better lyrics than Love And Peace. Better produced than 90% of the album. Lemme put it this way... I'm not a huge fan of In A Little While or Wild Honey, what people would consider equally poppy tracks. But I love Man And A Woman cos it's a sincere love song with some great bass and to top it, the production is prefect!

i was just about to say it sounded like WH. it's alright i guess.
CRUMBS!!!!!!:wink: :drool:

Why does everyone compare A Man and a Woman to Wild Honey? Just because they're both acoustic? That's the only similarity I can really see... I like Wild Honey, it's cute, but A Man and a Woman is highly superior.

I have tried to love A Man and A Woman. I do like the Spanish guitar. I just can't get past the lyrics. I like the idea Bono is trying to express, but I don't think he's doing it very well. It just comes off as very cliched. Do we really need to hear the words "true love" and "soulmate" yet again? That kind of stuff is better left to Hallmark. He did a much better job with Wild Honey and In a Little While.

Sorry guys but as soon as Bono sings "LITTLE SIIIIISTER!!!!" i cringe up. The chorus really gets on my nerves with its repetitiveness, which follows on with the rest of the song.

The lyrics seem a little under worked on, the lead guitar in the chorus - it just keeps going and going with no emtion whatsoever. Plus Edges falsetto in the background sounds like somebody is trying to do something very un cool with a small child :-(

But yeah, we're all diffrent

Bono's shades said:
I have tried to love A Man and A Woman. I do like the Spanish guitar. I just can't get past the lyrics. I like the idea Bono is trying to express, but I don't think he's doing it very well. It just comes off as very cliched. Do we really need to hear the words "true love" and "soulmate" yet again? That kind of stuff is better left to Hallmark. He did a much better job with Wild Honey and In a Little While.

You unromantic malcontent.

As are the rest of you who don't like this song!

"I could never take a chance, on losing love (Ali), to find romance (flings), in the mysterious distance between a man and a woman."

That's my interpretation, but Bono actually said it's about him and Ali. Bit like Sweetest Thing, but not as bittersweet. *swoon*

If nothing else, it has a great bass line. :combust:

Bono's shades said:

I love the lyrics:heart:

AtomicBono said:
Why does everyone compare A Man and a Woman to Wild Honey? Just because they're both acoustic? That's the only similarity I can really see... I like Wild Honey, it's cute, but A Man and a Woman is highly superior.

Good question. The song isn't acoustic, it simply has an acoustic guitar on it, just like Wild Honey, One, AIWIY, SBS, Original, and HMTMKMKM.

Back
Top Bottom