A man and a woman glitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
sorry if this has been covered, but does everyone else notice a glitch at 2:16 of the album version of A Man And A Woman? both my copies have the same thing.

so everyone can hear it then??
to me it sounds more than bono's voice crack, it almost sounded like a skip on the cd, but both my copies have it, and now others hear it, so i guess not a skip...?

Unless I have déjà vu, someone else made a thread about this about a year ago, and it met a similarly befuddled response.

I could never hear it (mind, I consider hearing this song cruel and unusual punishment and didn't experiment extensively), but you're not alone.

How's this for another "glitch"....

Freshly inspired by hearing Edge tear the house down with "Electric Co." in Philly and Houston I had to make a pilgrimage back to the Boy album and have a few listens to that song again (at high volume). Two observations are made.

First, the song is just great (especially for a bunch of teenagers). It was a sign of the greatness to come, and playing it live in Vertigo 2005 drove that point home.

Second, to me it sounds like on the Boy album the "Electric Co." song moves right into the next song "Shadows and Tall Trees" without interruption. That is, it sounds like the band played one song right into the other in the live recording. The "glitch" (if you can call it that) comes in the first couple of seconds of "Shadows and Tall Trees". It sounds like Bono clearing his throat (pretty loud) as he move from the pitch of one song to another. Am I right?

Knuckle said:
How's this for another "glitch"....

Freshly inspired by hearing Edge tear the house down with "Electric Co." in Philly and Houston I had to make a pilgrimage back to the Boy album and have a few listens to that song again (at high volume). Two observations are made.

First, the song is just great (especially for a bunch of teenagers). It was a sign of the greatness to come, and playing it live in Vertigo 2005 drove that point home.

Second, to me it sounds like on the Boy album the "Electric Co." song moves right into the next song "Shadows and Tall Trees" without interruption. That is, it sounds like the band played one song right into the other in the live recording. The "glitch" (if you can call it that) comes in the first couple of seconds of "Shadows and Tall Trees". It sounds like Bono clearing his throat (pretty loud) as he move from the pitch of one song to another. Am I right?

By the way, sorry I changed the topic a bit. I know this post is about a different song. Further, it occurs to me that pointing out an 18 year old clearing his throat some 25 years ago means I probably should find something else to do with my time right now. I think I'll go read a book.

Back
Top Bottom