A Man And A Woman appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyourkneesboy

The Fly
I know a lot of people disagree, but this is one of the best tracks on the album! It’s full of melancholy. A little like the “lush” sound in “Love Comes Tumbling”. This track doesn’t resemble any other song in U2’s back-catalog. It’s sounds totally new and fresh. Beautiful romantic guitar-work by Edge, beautiful atmospheric background vocals, a very “at-your-service” playing Adam and Larry, really great, and Bono…well…, what can I say… it’s been a long time that I’ve heard him singing this clear, emotional (but not over the top), every word is really sung, every note/sound gives me goose bumps! And the lyrics are awesome!
This summer my beautiful wife and I were driving along the coast-line on the Cote d’Azur (yes, down to Eze also) while the sun went down in the sea. We had this song on the radio. We both didn’t speak.., because, we couldn’t…We both had a lump in our throat. This song really is what life/love is all about! U2 at it’s best. Just beautiful…And for all those who don’t like the song: sorry for you you don’t get it!
The track should last 30 minutes!

Agreed, its a brilliant song. A slight departure for U2 in style also. But I cant believe how you can love this song and hate COBL. I guess that shows what a diverse bunch us U2 fans are!!

An Cat Gav said:
Agreed, its a brilliant song. A slight departure for U2 in style also. But I cant believe how you can love this song and hate COBL. I guess that shows what a diverse bunch us U2 fans are!!

Agreed. And that's a good thing;)
For me COBL is superior. As for AMAAW, I like the song a lot and it surprised me when I realised that most of the fans dislike it or even hate it. I never understood why but I know that it's not among the best songs on Bomb. Anyway I have a cousin that doesn't really like U2, doesn't hate them but doesn't like them either. And when Bomb came out he heard it at one of his friends home and called me to say that track 7 was amazing and he couldn't stop listening to it... I was like :ohmy:

I love it , amazing bass line and drum beats. The vocals are perfect from edge and bono.

" she was already mine " - favourite part of the song

I love it also - if you check out youtube.com - search under U2 - A man and a woman - there is a pretty good video for it also. Look closely - behind the sofa, and you will see a poster which was used in the Please video and single cover (i think?)

xaviMF22 said:
I would like this song..if it didn't have the "little sister"line......puts me off for some reason:shrug:

Just a variation on "child", I suppose. I love it, personally. :)

Adam cited this as his fave track of the album. And that came from the man himselfs mouth. I think its one of the better tracks on the album. It has an UF b side feel about it

gman said:
Adam cited this as his fave track of the album. And that came from the man himselfs mouth. I think its one of the better tracks on the album. It has an UF b side feel about it

did we listen to the same song?:scratch: ........
to me it sound like U2 tried to do a repeat of "In a little while" again:shrug:

This song is one of the most underrated U2 songs in history!!!
Although not a "classic" in the likes of "Bad" the song stands out from every other track on HTDAAB. The bass is fantastic. The vocals smooth, and the gutiar and drums blend into the track fantasticly. It has a swagger that is rare with U2. Great song.

onyourkneesboy said:
I know a lot of people disagree, but this is one of the best tracks on the album! It’s full of melancholy. A little like the “lush” sound in “Love Comes Tumbling”. This track doesn’t resemble any other song in U2’s back-catalog. It’s sounds totally new and fresh. Beautiful romantic guitar-work by Edge, beautiful atmospheric background vocals, a very “at-your-service” playing Adam and Larry, really great, and Bono…well…, what can I say… it’s been a long time that I’ve heard him singing this clear, emotional (but not over the top), every word is really sung, every note/sound gives me goose bumps! And the lyrics are awesome!
This summer my beautiful wife and I were driving along the coast-line on the Cote d’Azur (yes, down to Eze also) while the sun went down in the sea. We had this song on the radio. We both didn’t speak.., because, we couldn’t…We both had a lump in our throat. This song really is what life/love is all about! U2 at it’s best. Just beautiful…And for all those who don’t like the song: sorry for you you don’t get it!
The track should last 30 minutes!

:up: I agree completely! Beautiful, simple song. Fantastic bassline from Mr. Clayton. I love the lyrics, personally, and the delivery :drool: it comes across as very heartfelt to me. A Man and a Woman ultimately sounds fresh to me. A little bit like Drowning Man, but ultimately a different kind of song for U2. Love it.

Yes! I love this song. Bass, melody, lyrics. It's really gorgeous and not overdone. I don't see how anyone could listen to a soft rock station and then say this song fits that description :no:

A few cheesy parts and a bit adult-contemporary but a fine song, nevertheless. I like it.

xaviMF22 said:
I would like this song..if it didn't have the "little sister"line......puts me off for some reason:shrug:

Well, we could give you a possible meaning or two...maybe...

Back
Top Bottom