A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Globo14

Refugee
Carry on from the last thread, discussing Adam's hair, Bono's hipster image, American literature, and whether or not Nick's sources can confirm/deny any tidbits of info that come our way.

Here's the first post from the last thread, summing up what we know thus far. We haven't really learned much since then.
Carrying on from the other thread. If the band moves elsewhere, we'll start a new thread for that. For now, this is just about news on what is going on now in NY.

What we know:
- U2 are mixing in Electric Lady Studios (52 W. 8th St. in Greenwich Village, NYC)
- Chris Martin was seen coming and going. Bono, Larry, and Bono's assistant were also seen entering the studio.
- Guitars and Ludwig drum heads were brought in
- Danny Lanois: (GG-winner Daniel Lanois talks U2, Peter Gabriel – and hockey - The Globe and Mail)
And then the connection with Eno led to your work with U2.
Yes. Actually, Bono just came to my place in L.A. a few weeks ago. He let me hear the new record that they’re doing with Danger Mouse. It sounded amazing. Very, very big and powerful-sounding. Some of it was adventurous. There were shades of Achtung Baby. A couple of songs I was familiar with, because we worked on them before but had not completed them. Now they’re back on the burner. Bono is very excited, and he’s singing beautifully. He makes me jealous. Those barrel-chested Irish tenors.
It’s part of the business, but how do you feel about Danger Mouse producing this album, and you not being involved this time around?
I’m actually glad that I’m not making this record with them. I don’t think I’d survive the experiment. It’s hard work. It’s two years, and it will be a character-building experience for Danger Mouse. You really have to be physically fit to make a U2 record. But, really, they’re all hard. All records are hard to make.
Rumors:
- They are in the process of doing a video shoot, as props were bought from the shop across the street
- The Edge - and maybe the rest of the band - will be around until Monday
- Pop and rock

Caryn Rose ‏@carynrose 28m
Something being filmed on the roof. Can see Adam and That Hair disaster cc @scatterolight
Caryn Rose ‏@carynrose 28m
The jig is up. Someone yelled at Bono from the street, he made the peace sign

Caryn Rose ‏@carynrose 23m
Larger crowd gathering now

U2 Uruguay U2 Uruguay ‏@U2uruguay 18m
@carynrose Are they going to play something at the roof of the studios?

Caryn Rose Caryn Rose ‏@carynrose 17m
@U2uruguay not likely
And this, whatever this is... https://vine.co/v/bYEIPHBe66J

And oh yeah, this might be a reggae album.

I'm favoring Nick's theory that she was allowed to listen and leak just a little tiny bit. I'm not an experienced chaff sifter, but it doesn't sound like total BS to me.

Incidentally, Blue, why do you have "fans" in quotations? Are they not really fans, journalists posing as ordinary fans, groupies called by a better name, or what?

No, just all encompassing as anyone that has any info could qualify in all categories and they may or may not even necessarily be a big fan of the band. :shrug:

My sources can confirm the album will be released sometime before the end of the year. The album will come in various formats. Also, a tour will follow and a live documentation of said tour will be released soon after.

See whats I did there.

My sources can confirm the album will be released sometime before the end of the year. The album will come in various formats. Also, a tour will follow and a live documentation of said tour will be released soon after.

See whats I did there.

There's still time for a delay!

Fresh news!! WoW!!

Album name: Manhattan
Tracklist:
01 - Skyline* (1st Single)
02 - Every Breaking Wave
03 - World Press II
04 - Everybody Knows Who I Like
05 - North Star
06 - Black Pictures
07 - Morleigh's Song**
08 - You
09 - Nobody Island
10 - Fresh and Furious
11 - Earth 2030[/I]

* (1st Single, Sep/13)
** Edge on vocals

:drool:

Tracklist:
02 - Every Breaking Wave
03 - World Press II
05 - North Star
06 - Black Pictures
07 - Morleigh's Song**
08 - You
09 - Nobody Island
10 - Fresh and Furious
11 - Earth 2030

* (1st Single, Sep/13)
** Edge on vocals

And so it begins

Tracklist:
02 - Every Breaking Wave
03 - World Press II
05 - North Star
06 - Black Pictures
07 - Morleigh's Song**
08 - You
09 - Nobody Island
10 - Fresh and Furious
11 - Earth 2030[/I]

* (1st Single, Sep/13)
** Edge on vocals

And that's from what exactly?

Lillywhite suggested that the album could go in multiple directions only last week.. not going to buy this rumour.

Though I'd be happy to be wrong

Lillywhite suggested that the album could go in multiple directions only last week.. not going to buy this rumour.

Though I'd be happy to be wrong

I don't know, but my friend who lives there knows an employee of Electric Lady and said that tracklist was set last night...:heart:

And more.... He told me there is a version of "Earth 2030" with Chris Martin on vocals, but probably will be a b-side or bonus track...

That's it!

I don't know, but my friend who lives there knows an employee of Electric Lady and said that tracklist was set last night...:heart:

And more.... He told me there is a version of "Earth 2030" with Chris Martin on vocals, but probably will be a b-side or bonus track...

That's it!

If what you are saying has any truth to it, then I suppose your friend has heard these new songs?

Honestly I don't know why they would name an album Manhattan....

Tracklist:
02 - Every Breaking Wave
03 - World Press II
05 - North Star
06 - Black Pictures
07 - Morleigh's Song**
08 - You
09 - Nobody Island
10 - Fresh and Furious
11 - Earth 2030

* (1st Single, Sep/13)
** Edge on vocals

I don't think they'd name a song "World Press II," "Everybody Knows Who I Like," "Morleigh's Song," "Fresh and Furious," or "Earth 2030." Those titles are just too ridiculous.

Tracklist:
02 - Every Breaking Wave
03 - World Press II
05 - North Star
06 - Black Pictures
07 - Morleigh's Song**
08 - You
09 - Nobody Island
10 - Fresh and Furious
11 - Earth 2030

* (1st Single, Sep/13)
** Edge on vocals

This confirms what my sources have been telling me.

Tracklist:
02 - Every Breaking Wave
03 - World Press II
05 - North Star
06 - Black Pictures
07 - Morleigh's Song**
08 - You
09 - Nobody Island
10 - Fresh and Furious