A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of them, at least, have to be working titles. But I'm willing to believe Skyline is legit, and Manhattan sounds plausible. They're not horrible per se, just horribly generic. Earth 2030 does sound like a veritable Bono clunker. I just can't imagine a hoaxer dreaming up something THAT bad :lol:

Album name: Manhattan
Tracklist:
01 - Skyline* (1st Single)
02 - Every Breaking Wave
03 - World Press II
04 - Everybody Knows Who I Like
05 - North Star
06 - Black Pictures
07 - Morleigh's Song**
08 - You
09 - Nobody Island
10 - Fresh and Furious
11 - Earth 2030[/I]

* (1st Single, Sep/13)
** Edge on vocals

:drool:

Everybody knows who I like, World press II, Nobody Island, Fresh and Furious and Earth 2030 sound silly, even if these are early working titles. Skyline sounds a little too close to the whole Elevation/Vertigo title cycle. And I would hope Edge's song has at least slightly less obvious title.

And Manhattan ? U2 names their album after a part of NY ?

This is my first post here (hello!) but I've been following the new album threads closely from months already (yes, including Nick66's posts) and I thought now that this track list has been revealed, I'd share my thoughts. I just posted this on the @U2 forum as well.

I took a quick look at joaoclaudiobh's old posts and found this: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...oon-songs-of-ascent-194570-4.html#post5947973

WHoaaaaaaaa, my friend from Ireland meet Ali and she told him the name of the new album and the tracklists:

01 - No more albums or tracks with extended names ok?
02 - Mercy (from the darkness to the light)
03 - Summer
04 - Sional & onE (Passengers Vol2)
05 - Hardest Thing
06 - Jitterbug baby
07 - Silence Song
08 - Two
09 - Be There (Really)?
10 - 80

That was for the NLOTH's rumored follow up album which... well... I'm still waiting for.

This guy's just messing with us. :angry:

so the friend is "from Ireland," works for Universal, and works at Electric Ladyland Studios..

gets around...

:yikes: Is this a Edgefangirl thing? I hate his wife because he should be mine thing?

...exactly!! :lol:
Really, I think a name like that should be more appropriate for a song written by a boy-band, not for U2!!

...exactly!! :lol:
Really, I think a name like that should be more appropriate for a song written by a boy-band, not for U2!!

Yeah, because the band members of U2 have no romantic feelings towards their wives/partners. It's only a thing for adolescent boy bands.

I'm sure that a song with that title - IF it should ever really happen - won't be what many would expect from that title. I could think of something very artsy and abstract, inspired by one of Morleigh's choreographies.

Nobody commented on the 5 songs that I heard from an inside source, that I posted here on the last page. At least they sounded more credible than the 11 that were posted on page 1 of this thread. :p

Yeah, because the band members of U2 have no romantic feelings towards their wives/partners. It's only a thing for adolescent boy bands.

I'm sure that a song with that title - IF it should ever really happen - won't be what many would expect from that title. I could think of something very artsy and abstract, inspired by one of Morleigh's choreographies.

or maybe written by her.....

Oh man, the illest track by far has got to be Fresh & Furious. Please tell me it has a spoken word passage by Vin Diesel. That'd be dope. Or something.

[...]
This guy's just messing with us. :angry:

Yeah. If you're gullible, don't visit this part of the forums until the official announcement is out... there's far too much bullshit around that people copy and other sites will copy and attempt to pass off as legit. :lol: Same thing happened last time around, pretty pathetic how news hungry some sites are that they copy random fans' bullshit theories..

I guess it would help if people stopped quasi seriously discussing all the bullshit, but then again, it'd be dead here anyway because there is no real news..

Someone some of us know is with Bono listening to the album RIGHT NOW

I'm not joking

Further tidbits (different source):

Track listing was in fact set last night.

Earth 2030 is an actual song. Most likely a b-side or bonus

This is being relayed to me by a very trusted friend who is hearing it from a friend who works at Electric Lady

Edit: I cannot vouch for the track listing but it matches what was published earlier tonite. Take that for what you will

all of this tracklist stuff is fishy.. except gvox wouldn't BS us... and this info seems to lend credence to the new tracklist rumour :hmm:

all of this tracklist stuff is fishy.. except gvox wouldn't BS us... and this info seems to lend credence to the new tracklist rumour :hmm:

I'm not sure if you're trying to take a shot at me here but just in case I did further clarify in a later post that there are two very distinct parts to my post and two different sources.

Source 1, the one who was invited to listen, I can totally vouch for. Those of us here who know this dude and have him on Facebook can easily verify this and probably already have read his status pertaining to it. And, this means that the album is to at least some large percentage finished.

Source 2, ie the trackslist, I cannot vouch for, and it does seem to match up in terms of source, with past rumours that turned out to be largely...exaggerated at least. I will say tho that the person posted it on either their personal FB or Twitter which identifies them by name..so not sure what that means other than it's not some anonymous person on a forum.. but...BUT.. I also have serious doubts about the tracklist, as I've made clear in a few posts since.

I'm not sure if you're trying to take a shot at me here but just in case I did further clarify in a later post that there are two very distinct parts to my post and two different sources.

Source 1, the one who was invited to listen, I can totally vouch for. Those of us here who know this dude and have him on Facebook can easily verify this and probably already have read his status pertaining to it. And, this means that the album is to at least some large percentage finished.

Source 2, ie the trackslist, I cannot vouch for, and it does seem to match up in terms of source, with past rumours that turned out to be largely...exaggerated at least. I will say tho that the person posted it on either their personal FB or Twitter which identifies them by name..so not sure what that means other than it's not some anonymous person on a forum.. but...BUT.. I also have serious doubts about the tracklist, as I've made clear in a few posts since.

not trying to take a shot.. my point was that you're a staple here, so you're not going to be one of these random posters claiming to have legit info.

I misunderstood you're original post though. I thought your first source was also claiming that this particular tracklist was real

not trying to take a shot.. my point was that you're a staple here, so you're not going to be one of these random posters claiming to have legit info.

I misunderstood you're original post though. I thought your first source was also claiming that this particular tracklist was real

Ah. Gotcha. Yeah you're right, and I guess that's why I keep clarifying that, because I certainly don't need to be on here trying to gain noteriety with a fake tracklist lmao!! I should have maybe broken it into two posts, just for clarity.

No, the first source adamantly stated that he can't say anything else other than the new material was awesome...or they'd kill him ;)

Which certainly does call into serious question the legitimacy of source #2...as we've said, anyone with any access right now, if they value their relationship and/or future access to the band, is being very compliant with the 'no unauthorized leaks' orders!

I obviously don't know who you're referring to or have him on Facebook. Would you be willing to repost what he said on his Facebook page?

Thanks again for bringing this info to us!

As someone who hates these obscure random posts by people claiming to know someone who heard the album...

I can confirm what Gabe said in reference to source 1... a person I know claims to have been invited in to hear the album. And I have no reason not to believe him, as a) bono absolutely knows who the person is... and b) I know said person well enough to know said person wouldn't make it up.

And yes... person posted it on facebook, with no details. And no, I will not repost the facebook post.

I obviously don't know who you're referring to or have him on Facebook. Would you be willing to repost what he said on his Facebook page?

Thanks again for bringing this info to us!

Sorry, I cannot. His Facebook posts are private, limited to "friends only", so it would be inappropriate for me to identify him.

I did directly quote what he said. That was exactly what he said.

As someone who hates these obscure random posts by people claiming to know someone who heard the album...

I can confirm what Gabe said in reference to source 1... a person I know claims to have been invited in to hear the album. And I have no reason not to believe him, as a) bono absolutely knows who the person is... and b) I know said person well enough to know said person wouldn't make it up.

And yes... person posted it on facebook, with no details. And no, I will not repost the facebook post.

:yes: :up:

His credibility is 100% in my books. I just don't see him ever disrespecting the memory of his past experiences (as I also wouldn't disrespect mine if I were ever to have further access) by posting false information.

Ah. Gotcha. Yeah you're right, and I guess that's why I keep clarifying that, because I certainly don't need to be on here trying to gain noteriety with a fake tracklist lmao!! I should have maybe broken it into two posts, just for clarity.

nah, I just completely missed your clarifications. :der:

details or no details, this shit is exciting. listening parties are a great sign, as others have said.

does anyone recall if this level of secrecy was enforced the last time(s) they had these kinds of listening sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom