A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I've never been so happy to have been too busy at work to check Interference over lunch. I'm not going to bother to catch up. ;)

With it Without You is a terrible song title. So is Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Pride, MLK blah blah.

Uhh, no they're not.

I've never seen anyone else on here making that claim.

Those titles are all fairly simple, the exception being SBS which is as evocative as it should be.

Compared to "Earth 2030" and some of the other shit listed I can't believe you'd even suggest that those are bad.

Uhh, no they're not.

I've never seen anyone else on here making that claim.

Those titles are all fairly simple, the exception being SBS which is as evocative as it should be.

Compared to "Earth 2030" and some of the other shit listed I can't believe you'd even suggest that those are bad.

I believe your opinion of those older song names is tied to the quality of the songs themselves. If all you had to look at was the name "Sunday Bloody Sunday," without having heard the song and not knowing what it was about, you might think it was a disgusting name for a song.

I believe your opinion of those older song names is tied to the quality of the songs themselves. If all you had to look at was the name "Sunday Bloody Sunday," without having heard the song and not knowing what it was about, you might think it was a disgusting name for a song.

Agreed 100%. Although we all know those song titles are fake, it's not like the titles are any worse than Playboy Mansion, Get On Your Boots, or Love And Peace Or Else.

I could see that for the songs themselves, especially when people compare a new song with an older song in terms of quality (as they didn't grow up with the songs in question). But I'll admit that song titles can, at the very least, look 'weird' on an initial viewing though. I can think of one particular instance when I saw the new song titles for a band I liked and thought, "God, those are weird!" I didn't hate them, but they did strike me as odd terms of a song title. Then they went on and became my favorite tracks on the album, so go figure! :lol:

If all you had to look at was the name "Sunday Bloody Sunday," without having heard the song and not knowing what it was about, you might think it was a disgusting name for a song.

Or maybe I'm an adult and wouldn't be disgusted by the use of the word "bloody".

Agreed 100%. Although we all know those song titles are fake, it's not like the titles are any worse than Playboy Mansion, Get On Your Boots, or Love And Peace Or Else.

Love And Peace Or Else IS a dumb title. The song is cool but they're two separate things. The Playboy Mansion is a real place, not sure how that's automatically a bad title. And I always felt Get On Your Boots was a refreshingly cheeky title.

The songs listed earlier in this thread are a) posted by someone who's trolled in the past, b) obviously horribly titled to the point where nobody could possibly believe that they were true, unless that person were incredibly stupid

That doesn't mean u2 hasn't had stupid titles in the past... They've had plenty. Some turned out to be epic songs to the point where you now would never consider them to be terrible names. Some were just terrible songs.

Point being is the name of the song had nothing to do with whether or not the doing is good, and that anyone who believes that track listing is a moron.

Point being is the name of the song had nothing to do with whether or not the doing is good, and that anyone who believes that track listing is a moron.

This. But I also resent Romi's suggestion that we simply don't like them because we haven't heard the songs. As if we lack the ability to be objective about anythjng, or that judging the two things have anything to do with each other.

So reductive.

Or maybe I'm an adult and wouldn't be disgusted by the use of the word "bloody".

Love And Peace Or Else IS a dumb title. The song is cool but they're two separate things. The Playboy Mansion is a real place, not sure how that's automatically a bad title. And I always felt Get On Your Boots was a refreshingly cheeky title.

Ha! Opinions are grand. I always thought Love And Peace..or Else was witty as hell and wished I had thought of it first lol

Whereas Get on Your Boots as a title I find hopelessly moronic.

Earth 2030 sounds like the title of a bad science fiction movie starred by Will Smith or Tom Cruise.

And when i think of the "album title" Manhattan and the "song title" Skyline i immediately think of 'Midnight Love' by Marvin Gaye with Bono posing like Marvin on the picture.

Earth 2030 sounds like the title of a bad science fiction movie starred by Will Smith or Tom Cruise.

It really does. Although it probably has something to do with Bono's TED talk where he says extreme poverty could be erased by 2030. I thought "statistics don't rhyme," but maybe Bono has found a way.

"Yeah yeah yeah, less than $1.25 a daaaay, watering cans!"

"Atlas Shrugged: The Rock Opera"

It will be 100 CDs long, and numbers 85 though 90 will be a long monologue where Bono talks about how much he deserves his money.

Bono will never live for anyone else's happiness or expect anyone to live for his! Down with the looters!

Oh, and my favorite new track is "Birthday Kaleidoscope" but they will probably save it for the next album as usual. Cheese lyrics but a nice slow song. ;)

"Ba ba ba ba Happy Birthyday to you, ba ba ba ba Happy Birthday to you.......... oh yeah, oh baby you look great in the sunlight. Oh baby, oh my, you are my life......."

I think Birthday Kaleidoscope would be a better title than Manhattan. They recorded in a psychedelic studio with a new producer and it would really mess with people's heads. :huh: :lol:

Yes, I did just post three times in a row. Did everyone else go to bed? Step it up, people; this is no time for sleeping!

All I am getting from all of this is that someone has heard some stuff. If the rest is complete bullshit, this is great day to see that the band are getting close to a release. Carry on.

Another lucky POS?
New Album In September

Bit more news regarding the album..
There is a well known and loved U2 fan who looks to have been given access to listen to the new album, along with Bono.
He posted a status last night on Facebook (only seen by his friends on Facebook) saying he listened to the new record and that was as far as it goes, he also appeared in the background of a photo that a fan took with Bono. His name is Amp, and to my understanding he was at the U2 Conference that happened just recently so some of you might know him or have met him.. me personally I haven't but all I can say is what a lucky man !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom