A Lady Wanted The U2 Singles I Was Buying...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I went to the mall to finish some Christmas shopping. I decided to flip through the U2 bin...just to make sure...(hey, don't we all??). To my surprise though, I found CD1 and CD2 of "Stuck", the Australian versions. I have the UK versions, but each of these had a remix on them I hadn't heard before. I grabbed them and walked to an available cashier.

A woman was checking out next to me, and she had a copy of ATYCLB. She asked her cashier, "Do you have the 'Stuck In A Moment' single?"

Uh-oh, I thought, looking at the only two copies that were in my hands.

My cashier took my discs to ring them up, and she said, "Well, we must...she got one, and I know we had at least a couple..." She then notices my second disc. "Oh, well, she's buying both of them...but maybe we have another..."

The other cashier went to look, but I had the only two copies in the store.

The lady looked at me and said, "So...those are the only two in the store...and you really have to have both?"

I felt kinda guilty, but I wanted them both so badly, and I DID find them first (I mean, she HAD to have already been to the U2 section to get ATYCLB, so she had her chance!). "Well, they're actually different..." I began.

I must have had a panicked look on my face because the cashier laughed and said, "Don't worry...we're not going to make you give one up." *lol*

The cashier asked if they were gifts. I said, "No, they are both for me." The cashier asked, "Why get two copies?" I pointed out that they actually were different because of the two different mixes. I said, "I have to get these because these mixes aren't on the other two copies I have."

She looked at me like I was a freak and asked, "So you're going to have FOUR copies of this single?"

"Yes," I said, "but they are all different, so I have to get them all."

"Okay..." she said, still probably thinking I was a freak.

Some people just don't understand...*lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Lol. As you say she had her chance when looking for ATYCLB. I'm sure if she'd gotten them first she wouldn't have given one up for you. Finders keepers
smile.gif

Yeah, I mean, if she had come into the store as I was checking out and was really in need of one of the singles (gift or something), I know my heart would've gone soft, and I would have let her buy one. But I figured she had been in that store even longer than me, so they were fair game.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

haha this is hilarious! This part is the funniest: She looked at me like I was a freak and asked, "So you're going to have FOUR copies of this single?"

"Yes," I said, "but they are all different, so I have to get them all."

biggrin.gif

I have been made to feel like a U2 freak before, too... in Sam Goody I was buying that MAXIMUM U2 interview disc (which turns out to be really lame except for the small little poster) but anyway, the register guy says "you realize this is $20 for just speaking, no music, right?" I said "yes, well I must have it" and he said "you understand though that it contains zero music... so you listen to it once and that's the end of it, more or less" then I said... "but look, it comes with a free poster which may look nice on my wall"

Why is it that these c.d. salespeople try to con you out of buying their merchandise?? Do you think they're trying to give us a form of therapy?!?
biggrin.gif

Do crack dealers ask their customers..."Are you sure you need all 4 vials?"...doubtful. Don't people understand addictions?
biggrin.gif

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Bebe~

Same thing happened to me!

Bonochick: *sets CD on counter*

Cashier: *looks at it* Uhh...you know that this is just a spoken word album, right?

Bonochick: Yes...

Cashier: That means there's no music on it at all.

Bonochick: *thinks, what do I look like, a moron?* I know...

Cashier: Oh. I was just making sure you still wanted it.

*lol*

*also lol @ Hewson*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 12-08-2001).]

Originally posted by BEAL:
I once had a person come up to me and ask if that was a cd in my pants, or if my penis was flattened....

Really? Did you know this person? That's pretty low class, if you ask me!

Location - HMV Penrith

Comment - after a protracted discussion on why I was buying two singles, and lamenting the no tour here " they have some great songs (should have realised then) they're from America aren't they.

Reply in shock - ah no they're fron Ireland.

Oh boy what a shocker, but not representative of down under !!

TAKE ME -------------------take me!!

BC you just summed up a normal visit to the music store for me...well minus the person asking if I needed both copies...lol.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

People in England music stores tend to be pretty knowledgeable on the whole thing... although I have to admit to sometimes buying certain singles in different stores cos it might look a bit strange buying seven or eight singles from the same artist at the same time
wink.gif

I once had a person come up to me and ask if that was a cd in my pants, or if my penis was flattened....

it was a cd, I've got big pockets

Back
Top Bottom