A lady at my company Won the Ebay auction for Bono's Jacket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
Dead Serious. This blows my F'n mind, she better be a die hard fan and not just another one of the rich clowns who work where I do.

A guy on my team's wife works for this lady. Apparently she is wearing it tomorrow. Anyone think I should take up stealing as a hobby?

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1516370598

[This message has been edited by DiGi (edited 03-14-2002).]

[This message has been edited by DiGi (edited 03-14-2002).]

[This message has been edited by DiGi (edited 03-15-2002).]

Wow, she paid $11,300.00 for it!
eek.gif
That's unreal. When I think of that amount of money I think "car" not "jacket". At least the money went to a good cause, but still....Wow!

Should be interesting to check it out though. Have fun
biggrin.gif

*in shock*

*picks jaw up from floor*

Holy...friggin'...jealous...I...am...

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Wow. If you look at the bid history, you can even see that Hard Rock Cafe was bidding on it... and only apparently valued it enough to bid half of what this woman paid.

Too bad it's not the jacket with the flag lining
wink.gif

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

apparently she is going to have this at work tomorrow.

Note to self take digital camera to work and hangout in front of her office all day.

Personally, I think she needs to give it to me, so it can be passed around to all the members of Interference.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
digi....two words: YOINK.

Isn't that one word?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

OK, well today was my lucky day. I went over and met this woman and she let me put the jacket on. I have pictures that I will post once I get home. It was Awesome. She was really nice about it and had no problem letting me wear it. Apparently she is a big fan. Pictures to follow.

- DiGi

You got to wear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's cool DiGi, but I have one question.... if this quote from Ebay is true... "This custom-made, black leather jacket was worn by Bono of U2 onstage during the band's 2001 Elevation Tour." ...which we all know it is, that jacket must reak! lol
biggrin.gif
PeeeYeeewwww sweaty, musty.... lol

Originally posted by DiGi:
OK, well today was my lucky day. I went over and met this woman and she let me put the jacket on. I have pictures that I will post once I get home. It was Awesome. She was really nice about it and had no problem letting me wear it. Apparently she is a big fan. Pictures to follow.

- DiGi

*jaw drops*

That is SO FREAKIN COOL DiGi!!! You wore a jacket that Bono wore! How many people here can say that they've worn a member of U2's clothing? (AdamPants don't count unless your actual pants have been worn by Mr. Clayton.
wink.gif
)

I can't wait to see the photos.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

You are soooooo lucky!! I don't care if it stinks to high heavens, I would kill to wear the B-man's jacket!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

i'm weighing this in my head: does wearing a repugnantly stinky jacket matter more than the fact that bono once wore the same jacket?

i'm gonna have to say i would not wear the jacket
wink.gif

*simply dies*

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono Get on the Boos

Originally posted by DiGi:
Apparently she is a big fan.]
paying such an insane amount of money for a jacket, she better is

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Man, so many amazing things that my head is spinning. First - it's hard to believe that someone actually has 11K sitting around. Second - I'm so jealous that someone else has Bono's jacket. Third - I'm so glad that you, DiGi got to wear the jacket. Can't wait to see the pics.

I bet the jacket smelled good!

OK here are the pictures. Or you can got to my website and see them:

www.15five.com

To answer your questions. No it did not smell. Fit me pretty well (see below). This really made my day. I almost did not go to work today because I did not feel well.

Picture 1
bono_coat1.jpg

Picture 2
bono_coat2.jpg

Picture 3
bono_coat3.jpg

*dies*

Oki, you are one feckin lucky guy!!!

Another question is, what did it feel to wear such an expensive jacket??? 11,000 DOLLARS!!!! Holy guacamole!
eek.gif
eek.gif
What if you drop it on the floor when taking it off. I don't know if I would dare to try it on.

I just can't believe it... Congrats..ehh.. or whatever is appropriate.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

First of all dude you F*@&(%$ Rock##!!

2nd-if I were you-once I had that jacket on for the pic, I would have hauled ass out the door and never came back. F### the job!
wink.gif

Congrads#######

Back
Top Bottom