a-ha! about the new status...i smell Sicy behind it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*realizes Sicy is of the ass kicking strawberry PopTart variety*

You know, I'm getting sick of the plain ones (psssst.. elvis.. *nudge nudge*)
wink.gif

*ahem* I mean, MacPhisto
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." -- Jesse Jackson

[This message has been edited by Achtung_Bebe (edited 10-03-2001).]

Hulllo?

You don't like you're status?

You don't have a sense of humor?

-click-

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto ^-^
macphisto@u2wdd.org
http://u2wdd.org

Yeesh, lighten up.
rolleyes.gif

Think I'd still be here if I didn't have a sense of humor?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

WHAT HAPPENED?

My earlier post from today in reply disappeared? It said,

"So, I'm not special enough to have my own lil' nickname?" WHHAAAAAA!!!

And THEN my post GOES AWAY?

Is this a sign?

*sigh* So underappreciated

There is another thread sweetest thing.. almost the same. LOL!

I thought the same thing!

Here it is

------------------
Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 10-03-2001).]

Well....my 2-cents.

I agree that U2girl shouldn't really take offense to her title. It's all in fairly good fun, even if some people are mean-spirited about it.

However, if she doesn't see such fun in it, I think perhaps it should be removed. No one should have to feel uncomfortable in here, especially at the hands of moderators / administrators, who should be here to assist in making this place enjoyable for everyone. We are all human, even mods / admins, so we will all make poor judgment calls here and there, but the key is to be big enough to admit that we have hurt someone and then to be big enough to try and rectify it. If all it takes is a simple removal of a personalized status that U2girl doesn't find funny, then it's a simple fix, isn't it?

Anyway, I don't need a personalized status, although, admittedly, I'd love it if I had one that said "Dalai Melon."
biggrin.gif
I believe TylerDurden came up with that one, so the credit doesn't belong to me.

Anyway, everyone, cheer up! Although some of here will realize that this is odd coming from me lately...
tongue.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

frown.gif

I don't like my status. I can see that all my words are for naught.

Alas...

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall inherit the earth."

But they shall not inherit feedback...

frown.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Blah, I'll take care of that...Next time use a sock!
*grabs the PineSol & puts on gloves*

ROTFLMAO! Bleck! ha ha ha
Is this what I have to look forward to having a son?
he he he

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
Oh good grief...I'll just keep my mouth shut about this tiff. Lord knows I said enough before to kill a horse.
rolleyes.gif

ROTF! Girl... you dont have to say a word.

wink.gif

------------------
Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
U2 girl- this is bothering me- when I said in my post to NicaMom that she never was rude or caused any trouble (which she is not and doesn't!)I was afraid you might think I was meaning that you did. I really wasn't being sarcastic about you dear. Someone else who mysteriously gained a status, eh, could be, but not you. Please don't take offense, I have nothing against you. I was just worried about that and had to clear it up, okay?

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-03-2001).]

i wasn't offended by that. not at all.
and i didn't think your post had anything sarcastic about it, nor did i think it was in any way rude towards me.
ok?
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-03-2001).]

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
ROTF! Girl... you dont have to say a word.

wink.gif

har har
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-03-2001).]

A few days and "Refugee" is gonna become a special status. There'll be only a few left
biggrin.gif

------------------

u2_anim.gif

Jive Talkin' Choirboy

Aaaaaaaaaah, Cat, you think you have Adam? Well I HAD Adam! Yeah, beat that bitch. Step in the ring sweetheart, I OWN Adam's 3rd leg.
biggrin.gif

Um, anyways, wanted to say how ironic it is that the only chickie on here to hate a special status is one of the few who does have one. And also, my very best to Mr Mac. You created a monster.
How painstakingly anal it would be to go through sysematically changing statuses. But then I dont have the patience of either a saint nor satan.

Originally posted by CatDubh:
A few days and "Refugee" is gonna become a special status. There'll be only a few left
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I agree with that!! Aren't those flies becoming not that usual nowadays???
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 10-04-2001).]

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Aaaaaaaaaah, Cat, you think you have Adam? Well I HAD Adam! Yeah, beat that bitch. Step in the ring sweetheart, I OWN Adam's 3rd leg.
biggrin.gif

I don't *think* I have him, I know I do. He's my gimp!
tongue.gif
And I bring out the gimp every now and then... And if you don't behave, I'll tell mom! U always wanna take what's mine! Not this time, hookah! Be warned!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

-------------------

u2_anim.gif

Jive Talkin' Choirboy

[This message has been edited by CatDubh (edited 10-04-2001).]

Originally posted by CatDubh:

I don't *think* I have him, I know I do. He's my gimp!
tongue.gif
And I bring out the gimp every now and then... And if you don't behave, I'll tell mom! U always wanna take what's mine! Not this time, hookah! Be warned!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Well, obviously if I had his 3rd leg in my hands at this very moment I wouldnt be sitting here typing on this stinkin forum!
In fact, I doubt Id be sitting in the study....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We can share, Adam wouldn't mind Suze!

By the way, you were never in chat in the days of us breaking Naomi's legs and using them as weapons were you? I think MadamC was there and Bonofide... it used to piss the Ops off no end! Those were the days...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:
Oh for the love of God, U2girl - LIGHTEN UP! The titles are not meant to demean or insult anybody who has them. They're meant as light-hearted jokes and they're supposed to be taken lightly. If you have such a small sense of humor about yourself that you can't take something as small as a little title in stride, then I suggest therapy.

I really can't believe you're actually starting a serious argument over something as light and harmless as "Winner 2001 Most Closed Threads." It's supposed to be taken lightly. So deal with it.

deal with it?
rolleyes.gif

always nice to see some patronising in here.
("lighten up", "therapy") and thanks for the "instructions" on how to read statuses.

anyway:

i know this was probably started out as a joke and i know you guys see it as a joke.
but to me, it isn't. because i know all about getting flamed and getting closed threads. and i don't want to be reminded of it.
i see nothing light or harmless about it. why?
a) because the status might suggest to people that i'm a person who either argues all the time or that i'm a person whose posts are so offensive or controversial that they get busted the most.
not funny, is it?
b) i never asked for a special status. i just made an inquiry about how it's done.
c) statuses are either funny, cool or have a connection with the person.
examples: Fem don (has a cool ring to it, plus it is suitable because of Christine's Italian heritage), Big daddy (now i may be wrong about this, but i'm guessing this one is funny because it is referring to Johnny's "wannabe Don Juan of Interference" attitude), Den Mother (NicaMom is a mom. i have yet to figure out the "Den" part), etc.

why does my status have to be connected with a bad thing? must it have such a notorious side to it?
(surely we agree getting closed threads is not good. moreso getting MOST closed threads.)
and i'm certainly not going to act according to the status now.
smile.gif

d) also, why not give people the option of choosing a status? make up our own statuses?
instead of just "bam, here you go" thing.

i emailed Elvis yesterday. guess i'm stuck with this, since he hasn't replied.
thanks to melon for seeing my point.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-04-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
Den Mother (NicaMom is a mom. i have yet to figure out the "den" part), etc.

Hey U2girl...
The "den" part relates to Boy Scounts - moms who volunteer to work with cub scouts are called "den mothers", which is kind of a take off on wolf cub dens. Just so ya know.

I know you're upset about this - I'm sorry. I wouldn't take it so personally - maybe Elvis (or Mr.MacPhisto) will take this off since it bothers you so. But, I don't think your posts are particularly offensive, and I don't think most other people do either.

{{{hugs}}}

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom