a few sensitive subjects...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seabird said:
I think the band realized a lot of people didn't get into the whole Pop thing. I didn't mean get, I mean, literally get into. It was like they were trying so hard to be different but it just wasn't them. Some people liked it and some did not, but I don't think they'll go there again.

Elevation ruled. God was in the house. The band could feel it. I'm sorry it didn't move you, because it was an intense feeling. You really missed out on something.

I am hoping for small venues and general admission again on the next tour.

erm i think i said too little, elevation did touch me, i loved it, i loved popmart as well the point in the original debate was just for oppinions, i think some people misunderstood this.thanx for replying tho!i certainly hope for smaller venues, i just miss that open air feel, if you know what i mean. :wave:

right just to go over a few things, i agree october is the worst album. i think the best two songs on atyclb are 1:the ground beneath her feet (which was taken from the gangs of new york, so it doesnt really count) 2: difficult one...erm....either new york or when i look at the world. a few other good points were raised as well, music is a personal preference, there is no right or wrong answer. i'm glad that different people have different preferences, without these preferences music would be bland and nobody would ever try to do anything new. i hope no-one got offended in this thread cause really as long as your happy with your personal preference then thats all that matters. i just wanted to see what other people thought, as for 'tabby' respect her oppinion, it counts just as much as everyone elses. i think it was a shame that 'tabby' thought i was an old member taking the p**s but it really it doesnt matter that much. i hope this msg clears up any grievance. one more thing i'll listen to the joshua tree to see if im missing something (like LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
may have been doing) i'm sure i'll be back in a few days saying how great the joshua tree is... :happy:

Oh Lies you sure are crabbier than I am. This is no 'touchy topic.' You have no idea how much of a rat's ass I do not give which tour somebody likes or doesn't. It's that it was a rehashed, redundant and even funny because of its repetition topic, brought up by an experienced Interference veteran who knew how controversial it would be with the title and :ohmy: smilie. But you know, if he's so hung up on this subject he has to keep bringing it up again and again, any way he can, and writing like a little kid to play dumb, and having the same people come in and say the same things as all the other similiar threads, deja vu, whatever. If that's entertainment, have yourselves a happy day! :wave: This is really to silly to worry about. :shrug:

You're right, I'm crabby b/c it's been a LONG hard day at work for me and I've taken full doses of two seperate drugs to kill a mind splitting headache. But that's life, so I login Interference to participate in some relaxing discussion.....

I don't think this is a rehashed subject. I haven't read any threads lately discussing Joshua Tree or October (which I agree is the worst album). And who are you to point fingers and claim others to be lying about who they are and call them "Interference veterans"?

I think it's funny how people who supposedly don't give a rats ass about the subject have to pipe up and complain. If you don't give a rat's ass, then leave the damn thing alone, rehashed or not! :)

As to the subject. I like Pop. A lot actually, though I have to admit it's difficult to listen to because it's so damn dark. I didn't see the Popmart Tour, and I've heard a couple boots that are rather disappointing, but then I've heard a couple boots that are quite outstanding.

As far as ATYCLB goes, I like it a lot, but ultimately I would like an album that rocks more with a bit more sonic experimentation and a harder edge. I'm a little caught up in the Achtung Baby ZooTV era right now too (it's such an interesting era to get caught up in, isn't it bear? ;)), so I do miss the irony and rock star theatrics and excess a bit, but that said, the Elevation tour kicked ass and I loved all three shows I saw, and was down right blown away by two of them. I actually loved the fact that the shows were in arenas, because the sense of intimacy was amazing, and there was an incredible connection between band and audience. I don't know if Elevation would have worked as well on a stadium scale because the show really was centered on just the four of them playing. Where in previous shows that was also ultimately true, the set design and 'theme' played an important role in the production. The lighting and design of Elevation really wouldn't have worked as effectively on a larger scale, I think.

i think tabby is paranoid.just to clear this up.the point in the post subject is get people coming in and reading the board. i KNEW it was a touchy subject cause me and my mate disagree on this is issue. he HATES atyclb and doesnt even give it the time of day. anyway the funniest thing is that you aint even told what you think about the album. for god sake i wanted oppinions not a roasting!thanx for everyone else though i'm seeing the point that everyone thought elevation was a better live tour, i just miss the theactrical producton of something zoo tv.'gotta go'..

i just brought POP about a couple of hours ago (now i have 5 albums) and already i love it!
but i've had baisicly the whole tour in mp3 for quite a while...and it is my fav tour that U2 have done! (zoo tv close 2nd)
dont get me wrong...elevation was great...but i like popmart better!, the stage, the energy, and that famous show they did in sarajevo! ahh that show is so emotional no matter how many times you have listened to it!

i'm with that guy on the boston dvd!, during the making...
he says something like "people say to me, thank god they've given up that stupid popmart stuff...which pisses me off really":up:

summing up my worthless post...elevation is the 3rd best tour U2 have done in there "carrer", IMO

Originally posted by, uh, 'singleminute'
the point in the post subject is get people coming in and reading the board.

Exactly. That's why you keep posting it twice a month, using different names to make it appear as if many people feel this way. Your plan is, sooner or later, the band will see this and come around to your way of thinking and you will feel you had influence!

i KNEW it was a touchy subject

Of course you did. That's why you labeled it as you did. You've done it so many times you knew it from experience :lol:

Oh and if you can capitalize KNEW you can capitalize your i as well. I know writing like a dumb little kid is part of your character, but since you've done this before why not try being intellectual instead? If I thought for one second you really didn't know any better, I would not say these things.:D

Now, Lies- it's weird you try to get sympathy bringing up your hard day at work, and your headache, because ironically I was going to do the same thing but felt it would make me look like a whiney bitch so I didn't. I was on my feet on my job from 11-8, then got stuck in traffic and my car started overheating on the way home. I have a terrrible sinus infection too.

Who am I to question? Oh please.Someone who's seen enough to know. I think most people know too, they just don't care. I think you know who it is and are taking up for him to cover for him. But it really isn't nice to try to fool nice people. Scatteroflight was the first one to bring up how all these threads were alike and most involved the same guy with the same agenda, and as I watched, I realized she was right! At least one other person said it before, and I am so totally convinced now, I don't know if it's irritating or funny. Yes, I know I'm back even though I said it was silly. The thread IS silly. The topic IS silly. But when I'm mentioned personally, I will respond. Lies, you have followed me around picking on my posts for a year. Having fun? Why do YOU care so much? Now, seriously, I must go, I have more important things to do.

Last edited:
Maddie dear, he is only pretending to be a newcomer:) If I had ANY doubt at all, I would not say the things I did. It gets so tiring how he keeps pretending to be a newbie. :sigh: Sure is funny how so many "newbies" appear from nowhere during a slow time of the band's action, to ask this very same question, then are rarely if ever seen posting again? :eyebrow: Oh don't anybody waste your breath or typing trying to defend him. It's really crazy. I know a lot of you know exactly what I mean, but don't want to get into a fight by posting it. I am unable to take this topic seriously anymore for that reason.

Last edited:
Tabby this is a dead horse you're flogging. If you have a problem with a member on this board, bring it up with a mod/admin. If you really don't care either way though, leave said individual alone and don't breach TOS by harassing them.
I cannot believe how often people break out into fights over an album, in particular Pop. Its simple common sense to keep away from things you don't like.

This will be closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom