A DiamondPrediction re One Of america's Greatest Pastime's-BASEBALL-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the only way they can win now. I hope this DiamondPrediction is a good one.

------------------
Change is the only constant

We're halfway there. Awesome game tonight, especially the 3rd inning. Let's see if they can keep it up tomorrow. Oh man, that would be sweet.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Just curious...does anybody else think it would've been a good idea to pull Randy Johnson after 3 innings, with Arizona up 12-0? Would he be in good enough shape to pitch in Game 7 as a reliever?

Hey DB!
What a game last night!!!! That 8-run 3rd inning was almost as surreal as the 9th innings of Games 4 & 5 in NYC. 15-2 final, and not even a single homerun the entire game! Amazing for a team that usually relies on the long ball for runs. I hope the D'Backs saved some of those runs for tonight. They'll need them against The Rocket. Let's hope the short rest doesn't affect Schilling too much. BA will be ready just in case. We should be fine as long as Brenly doesn't put in Albie Lopez! Or Kim to close it out if it's close.
Have you made it to any of the playoff games? I've been able to get tickets for every home game in the playoffs so far. Thank god I have an ample limit on my credit card! I'll be in Sec 134 tonight thrashing what's left of my voice! Win or lose, I plan on celebrating downtown afterwards. This has been the BEST World Series in a long time! Who would've thought we'd take the 3-time defending champ Yankees to a 7th deciding game? If we win tonight, this town will go completely bonkers.
By the way, I start my new job tomorrow. 4 months of unemployment are over! I probably should call my new boss today and tell him I might be a little late coming in tomorrow.
smile.gif

GO DIAMONDBACKS!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by pub crawler:
As soon as I saw Randy Johnson cross home plate I was like, STEP ON THE FUCKING BAG!!!

I'm amazed Randy even made it all the way to home plate without tripping over! I saw that happen at a home game earlier in the season. Randy tripped and fell rounding 1st base after a basehit that should have been a double. The very next day a couple of his teammates had some fun with it and painted a white chalk outline of Randy at the spot on the basepath where he fell.

Originally posted by U2ITNOL:
Hey DB!
What a game last night!!!! That 8-run 3rd inning was almost as surreal as the 9th innings of Games 4 & 5 in NYC. 15-2 final, and not even a single homerun the entire game! Amazing for a team that usually relies on the long ball for runs. I hope the D'Backs saved some of those runs for tonight. They'll need them against The Rocket. Let's hope the short rest doesn't affect Schilling too much. BA will be ready just in case. We should be fine as long as Brenly doesn't put in Albie Lopez! Or Kim to close it out if it's close.
Have you made it to any of the playoff games? I've been able to get tickets for every home game in the playoffs so far. Thank god I have an ample limit on my credit card! I'll be in Sec 134 tonight thrashing what's left of my voice! Win or lose, I plan on celebrating downtown afterwards. This has been the BEST World Series in a long time! Who would've thought we'd take the 3-time defending champ Yankees to a 7th deciding game? If we win tonight, this town will go completely bonkers.
By the way, I start my new job tomorrow. 4 months of unemployment are over! I probably should call my new boss today and tell him I might be a little late coming in tomorrow.
smile.gif

GO DIAMONDBACKS!!!!!!!!!

Only 2 words describe the feeling in this town-
"BEYOND RIGHTEOUSNESS"

DB9
ps Congrats on job!
------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Bono/Dimon-Bos.4 Story
and Photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 11-04-2001).]

I agree about Johnson last night - with a 15 run lead, pull and possibly use him the next night if possible - having Schilling starting with the possibilty of Randy coming back in for relief is a very, very nice idea.

Being a Red Sox fan myself, I cant help but root against the yankees, I hate Clemens. His best work was with the Sox and he'll go into the HOF as a yankee. I dont care if he's 3-0 now for the post season with them - I bet he's in the clubhouse right now rubbing his hand against the wall in hopes of getting a blister...blah.

oh, and I already know I'm bitter
biggrin.gif

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words...

Extreme Paddleball

Here's hoping the D-backs stay in the running now and don't turn into the Florida Marlins
biggrin.gif

------------------

Extreme Paddleball

Great diamondsexyprediction.

DOWN WITH THE FUCKING YANKEES!

Now Cleveland needs to get their shit together before I strangle all of our pitchers.

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

Damn now baseball is over and I have no more shows to go to ...bah. What the hell do I do with myself now?!

------------------

Extreme Paddleball

hmmmmm.... I could never get into hockey for some reason. My cousin used to be a Bruin (Bobby Sweeney if anyone remembers him) and even then I still couldnt watch it...
biggrin.gif
I could watch baseball all day though !

------------------

Extreme Paddleball

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
haha!!! yeah, well... I don't see the Diamondbacks selling off all their good players, Callangello has too much ego for that!

Anybody else think it was lame that the first Arizona Diamondback to touch the World Series trophy was Colangelo and that the second was Bob Brenly? Bud Selig clearly has no idea how to run an awards ceremony.

And I sort of agree with Raging--I'd feel better about Arizona winning if they weren't largely made up of free agents. But at least their free agents weren't a bunch of phlegmwads like the 1997 Marlins' were (Bobby Bonilla, Kevin Brown, etc.)

Originally posted by speedracer:

And I sort of agree with Raging--I'd feel better about Arizona winning if they weren't largely made up of free agents. But at least their free agents weren't a bunch of phlegmwads like the 1997 Marlins' were (Bobby Bonilla, Kevin Brown, etc.)

That's exactly where my thinking was coming from ... this year's DBacks are much more likeable (and deserving I think) than the Marlins were.. that whole thing was just a mockery.

------------------

Extreme Paddleball

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 11-04-2001).]

well actually Bonilla and Brown were traded for that year, but yeah, what do you want the Diamondbacks to do, be awful for 10 or 15 years playing with minor league talent? that's the way Major League Baseball is operated, cant fault the D-Backs, and don't tell me the Yankees don't take full advantage of having all the money in the world to spend on pay roll to go after free agents

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
well actually Bonilla and Brown were traded for that year, but yeah, what do you want the Diamondbacks to do, be awful for 10 or 15 years playing with minor league talent? that's the way Major League Baseball is operated, cant fault the D-Backs, and don't tell me the Yankees don't take full advantage of having all the money in the world to spend on pay roll to go after free agents

Many of the Yankees' important players are their own--Rivera, Jeter, Soriano, O. Hernandez, Posada, Spencer, Williams. They're not as much a band of mercenaries as a lot of folks think they are. But I agree that the fact that they could sign Clemens and Mussina in the last two years is pure cheese.

But then again, Arizona's World Series co-MVPs were both plucked from other teams, so...

Back
Top Bottom