A couple of new "Bomb" reviews from Oz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
djerdap said:
Atomic Reaction

Herald Sun, October 21, 2004

Cameron Adams

Take an early look inside U2's new album with CAMERON ADAMS

Bono calls the record "a journey from fear into faith" and as well as the spectre of death, there are some possibly too-honest love songs -- particularly A Man and a Woman.

i love bono's description--fear to faith.
but i'm not sure about the author's "too-honest" bit--what is he on about there?

The more I read the more I see the Unforgettable Fire mentioned. The more I see the Unforgettable Fire mentioned the more likely I am going to love this album. :hyper:

Wow, I'm pumped! I don't think it would be healthy to read another review.

Original of the Species: Awesome song!!! (from the 10seconds that I heard).

If anyone wants a copy of this, I'll email it.

>> FANS should keep an eye out for a limited-edition Atomic Bomb box set, which comes with a 48-page book full of Bono's drawings, a bonus track (Fast Cars), and a DVD with documentary footage plus live acoustic performances of Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own and the Edge and Bono playing Vertigo on a banjo.

Ok, so what I said is confirmed, limited-edition will incluide "Fast cars" as a bonus track! YEAH!! :drool:

www.todoU2.tk

The album/lyrics sound awesome. And I guess now we know that Bono forgot an entire verse of ABOY in the "real" TOTP performance. I wasn't sure if it was an ad-lib just in the rehearsal or he that he forgot the lyrics.

Some people get squashed crossing the tracks
Some people got high-rises on their backs
I'm not broke but you can see the cracks
You can make me perfect again

Banjo?! Cool.:D

elfyx said:
Yahweh sounds awesome! Finally more than a passing comment on it.

agreed, more indepth, I think this song is a little more fast paced that I expected, really good lyrics there. And "Crumbs" did a 180, now everyone is raving about it. But whats up with "One Step Closer"? Uncut said it would fit on passengers, now one of these reviewers say "rattle and hum?" mmmm....thats a big difference.

Just a maybe stupid question..
If you buy the deluxe edition, with the book and all, do you get the cd in the normal plastic box with the cover and everything, or is it packed in some other way?

this Cameron Adams guy seems to genuinely like the album.

Its funny, it seemed like he thought almost EVERY song was gonna be a single.

Isn't that what ATYCLB was supposed to be? 11 possible singles?(Which was highly over promoted) but it seems like this album really might be an album full of singles, like an old Beatles album.

CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE

More trademark Edge guitar graffiti all over the place on the kind of driving rock song commercial radio will wet its pants over. Impassioned lyrics about the AIDS crisis (Bono mentions by name a Sister Anne he met in a Ugandan AIDS hospice) heighten the mood with a chorus that runs, "I'd believe it if I was able, but I'm living on the crumbs from your table". Big ending too.

This is the most positive sounding review I've read about this song. Love the sound of "trademark Edge guitar graffiti" :)

Back
Top Bottom