A clip of Mick Jagger and Bono singing Joy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks follower
not only for this clip, I love almost all the stuff you post here

smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 10-26-2001).]

almost all? Damn it, I didn?t do my homework right, did I?
biggrin.gif

Thanks Salome, you?re so sweet.
smile.gif

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

You?re welcome guys. My husband is a huge fan of Mick and Rolling Stones, so I might have found his Christmas present
wink.gif
I really liked what I heard so far.

Here is part of an article from dotmusic website about Jagger?s new album solo, where he talks about his colaboration with Bono.

"Jagger, who releases 'Goddess In The Doorway' on November 19, gave us the lowdown on the new record in a full-length interview, explaining why he didn't work with Missy Elliot but did record with Bono.

On the subject of the U2 frontman, Jagger explained the difficulties of laying down a track with a musician with such a massive reputation, particularly if the collaboration is a let-down.

He said: "I've done duets at parties with Bono. Old Stones songs mainly. And when I was doing 'Joy' I thought it would be the kind of song he would like to do.

"You never know if those things are going to work and the embarrassing thing of course is when they do it and you don't like what they do. That's like the dreaded moment and you have to go, 'erm, I don't think it really worked out ?But fortunately it did," said a relieved Jagger."

The transcript of the interview:
http://www.dotmusic.com/interviews//October2001/interviews22479.asp
smile.gif

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

follower, I loved hearing that! Didn't catch all the lyrics, but it's pretty intense, isn't it? It's wonderful to see God working in peoples lives!

I've learnt one thing from those clips that U2 released last year, never make an opinion just by listening to the clips.But what I've heard is wonderful,I think I'll buy that CD....thanks follower.

------------------
ALL THIS THAT

ishkash,

You got me thinking, my dear Indian fellow...did you get disappointed with those clips from ATYCLB? Or it was the opposite? Just curious...
wink.gif

------------------

Don't get me wrong because I love Bono's voice nowadays, but did anyone else think that Mick's voice sounded stronger than Bono's? NOT better, just stronger. It's incredible, the guy drinks like a fish for nearly 40 years, does drugs for nearly as long, smokes and hangs out with smokers galore, plays thousands of shows, stays up all night talking for 40 years and his voice still sounds close to what it did in 1965. Bono does the same (except for the drug part) for 15 years and his voice slips a bit. It's just not fair.
It's a great sounding clip though.

MAP

I don't know Matthew, in fact I think they have very different pitches of voice. Mick never, ever sounded soft and soulful the way Bono does sometimes. I can't imagine Mick singing a song like In a Little While, for instance.
Well, it's just my opinion. And a excuse to bring this to the top again. Where are you ishkash?
wink.gif

------------------

Does this exist in a non-mp3 format that doesn't take a hour and a half to download and I can't play it anyway? Please?

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Follower,

I agree that Mick doesn't have half the range and versatility that Bono has. It's just amazing to me that he can sing at all with the life he's lead. Bono has been a relative saint but his voice has taken a bit of a beating. That's okay, though, because a 26 year old Bono could never have sung In a Little While.

MAP

i thot so too, Debbie, and wondered if Bono wrote the lyrics, because they sound VERY Bono-inspired and joyful...

GREAT tune!

disco

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
follower, I loved hearing that! Didn't catch all the lyrics, but it's pretty intense, isn't it? It's wonderful to see God working in peoples lives!

For DebbieSG, the lyrics of the song so far, according to www.u2guatemala.com

(Mick)
Oh, joy, love you bring
Oh, joy, make my heart sing

When I drove across the desert
I was in my four-wheel drive
I was looking for the Buddha when I saw Jesus Christ

(Bono)
You smiled and shrugged your shoulders
And lit a cigarette, saying
Jump for joy, make some noise, remember what I said

(Mick)
Oh, yeah

Well my soul is like a ??
And I threw it in the ??
But now my hands are bleeding
From ?? (scrabbling?) in the dirt
And I look up to the heavens
And a light is on my face
I never, never, never thought I'd find a state of grace

Seeing those question marks above remembers me of a scene from the movie Jumping Jack Flash, when Whoopy Goldberg is listening to Mick Jagger singing that song, she?s tries to sing along with him...then she gives up and says "Come on Mick, speak english" Really funny
biggrin.gif

Does anybody know what I?m talking about?
smile.gif

------------------

Yeah Bono does have more range, but Mick is the best at singing those whiney cries, kind of like Bono at the begining of Stuck live. Also, listen to some Stones songs where Mick sings in a high pitch, "Emotional Rescue", "Heaven". It sounds great. Mick can sing though, he has crazy soul. Exile On Main Street is my favorite album of all time.

ishkash,

I didn?t get it, sorry...
rolleyes.gif

------------------

follower, thanks for the print of the lyrics (with some mysterious words missing). Seems Joy and grace is the theme, just like in ATYCLB.

I vaguely remember that line by Whoopie in Jumping Jack Flash...
smile.gif

follower, sorry bout that, I dont get much time on the net these days, so my skills are a bit rough.

Anyways,I certainly enjoyed the clips of ATYCLB, what I was trying to state over there was that I dont want to make any kind of assumptions regarding the song, just by hearing a clip.Tough I certainly enjoyed what I heard.Hope this does well!

Take Care and Regards.

------------------
ALL THIS THAT

Back
Top Bottom