A Boston & Slane Combo DVD-R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Soar

War Child
An Elevation Tour DVD-R (Combination of Boston & Slane DVDs)

I haven?t seen the Slane DVD yet from but reading preliminary reviews Slane is apparently more impressive than Boston. So - maybe the end result would be better if Slane had more songs than Boston. However - the Tour was primarily an arena and more Boston tracks would reflect this.

Boston = 17 songs
Slane = 10 songs

Tracklisting

1. Elevation
2. Beautiful Day
3. Until the End of the World
4. New Year's Day (SLANE)
5. Out Of Control (SLANE)
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday (SLANE)
7. Wake Up Dead Man (SLANE)
8. Kite
9. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
10. Gone
11. New York
12. I Will Follow
13. Angel Of Harlem (SLANE)
14. Staring At The Sun (SLANE)
15. All I Want Is You (SLANE)
16. In a Little While
17. Desire
18. Stay
19. Bad
20. Where the Streets Have No Name
21. Mysterious Ways (SLANE)
22. Pride (In The Name Of Love) (SLANE)
23. Bullet the Blue Sky
24. With or Without You
25. The Fly
26. One (SLANE)
27. Walk On

Bonus Tracks:
Elevation (Souvenir Version) [03.24.01]
Elevation (Bono Cam)
Until the End of the World (Bono Cam)
Song? (Heart Cam)
Song? (Heart Cam)
Elevation (360 degree Spin Cam) (will these work on a DVD player?)
Beautiful Day (360 degree Spin Cam)
Where The Streets Have No Name (360 degree Spin Cam)
Walk On (Tribute To Heroes DVD)
Beautiful Day (Super Bowl DVD)
MLK (Super Bowl DVD)
Where The Streets Have No Name (Super Bowl DVD)

Will All I Want Is You be on the Slane DVD? Didn't Bono get doused with a bucket of water during that song? Sorry, off topic...

yes thats ture bono did get dumped with water and he replied to the person "All i want is fucking you" or something simalar :lol:

also i hope they havent cut the part out where bono and edge are at the tip of the heart and bono fakes hes playing soccer and kicks a beachball man thats funny!

What's the point of this post? Why not just own both DVD's. No point in combining them at all. If you want to combine, might as well throw Rattle and Hum and Joshua Tree Classic Albums into the mix too.

Besides, if you live in a third world Southeast Asian country like I do, you can buy U2 DVD's (although pirated ones without copyrights) at $1.50 each and you get the same quality as the original. So that would be $3 for two DVD's --- that's probably cheaper than buying a DVD-R. While I own the original of Elevation, R&H and Best Of 80-90, I just got myself a pirated copy of the Classic Albums. As for Slane, I think I'll get the original.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
What's the point of this post? Why not just own both DVD's. No point in combining them at all. If you want to combine, might as well throw Rattle and Hum and Joshua Tree Classic Albums into the mix too.

Besides, if you live in a third world Southeast Asian country like I do, you can buy U2 DVD's (although pirated ones without copyrights) at $1.50 each and you get the same quality as the original. So that would be $3 for two DVD's --- that's probably cheaper than buying a DVD-R. While I own the original of Elevation, R&H and Best Of 80-90, I just got myself a pirated copy of the Classic Albums. As for Slane, I think I'll get the original.

Cheers,

J

The point is that some people want to discuss it. Anyway, what then, is the point of advertising pirated DVDs only available in third world southeast Asian countries? :rolleyes:

I wish both DVDs were the complete concerts, but I accept the fact that they cannot be, due to the content of the concert and the size/quality of the DVD.

Haha, bono-man! Or how about the part where Edge gets plastered with a flying T-shirt and is helpless since he's playing the song?

It's just for thinking about some possibilities. Haven't made the project. Haven't seen Slane. It may turn out to be an unsatisfactory idea even in theory. Part of the reason for the idea is that it may interest some people who were a little disappointed that Boston left off a few songs and for those who wish U2 concerts were longer in general. Also - the combination of 2 different settings "may" complement each other (Slane may engerize Boston and Boston may balance Slane with more intimacy)? Additionally - it is addressing the new reality of more people who will soon have DVD burners (the ability to fit more material than VHS and the ease of adding in other tracks). Maybe a better project would be something like adding Bad from the Chile TV broadcast DVD-R to the Mexico concert.

It will always be a bad idea. U2 releases DVD's to give the fans a certain feel and reaction from each concert. It is supposed to be one whole viewing experience in its entirety. Mixing different cocnerts together will destroy the continuity and flow U2 want to present in their art. So now you may ask - but U2 does omit songs from the DVD and is not the full concert - but that is precisely the point. U2 are aware that viewing DVD's in the comfort of your couch require a different presentation from an actual concert. So song orders might be slightly changed and some songs omitted (like the Boston DVD), because U2 wants to give us the U2-couch-viewing experience. That's why they didn't include Mysterious Ways from Slane - it just didn't fit what they intended. Make your own compilations at your own risk. In the meantime, I'll just watch the DVD's as U2 originally intended. What's an extra 45 minutes of my time to watch 2 DVD's in full anyway, rather than watching a random assortment of clips from both DVDs?

Cheers,

J

jick said:
So song orders might be slightly changed and some songs omitted (like the Boston DVD), because U2 wants to give us the U2-couch-viewing experience. That's why they didn't include Mysterious Ways from Slane - it just didn't fit what they intended.

Once again, you're WAY off....

U2 omitted songs from the Boston DVD b/c the quality of the video was so great that a standard DVD isn't large enough to fit all the songs. Obviously, they had to cut some. It's not like they cut important songs like Streets or the opening and closing songs (although I'd trade Stuck to see One any day!). It doesn't have anything to do with them wanting to change the track listing. It's simple math. You can't fit everything, so you cut the least important things. We can live without random live covers like People Get Ready and In My Life.

As for Mysterious Ways from Slane, they didn't omit that because they're trying to manipulate their audience, they omitted it because a 10 year old girl was on stage the entire time and I'm positive her mother would not agree to the song being produced on the DVD. I don't think they considered the preference of the possible future viewing audience for one second. Besides, for anyone who feels robbed of an entire set, just download the video bootleg and watch the whole concert.

In regards to the omission of Mysterious Ways from Slane, I believe it's actually being included as a bonus track.

Axver said:
In regards to the omission of Mysterious Ways from Slane, I believe it's actually being included as a bonus track.

correct
it will be a bonus track....but the camrea work will be diffrent to the other songs on slane....atleast thats what i've heard

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Once again, you're WAY off....

U2 omitted songs from the Boston DVD b/c the quality of the video was so great that a standard DVD isn't large enough to fit all the songs. Obviously, they had to cut some. It's not like they cut important songs like Streets or the opening and closing songs (although I'd trade Stuck to see One any day!). It doesn't have anything to do with them wanting to change the track listing. It's simple math. You can't fit everything, so you cut the least important things. We can live without random live covers like People Get Ready and In My Life.

As for Mysterious Ways from Slane, they didn't omit that because they're trying to manipulate their audience, they omitted it because a 10 year old girl was on stage the entire time and I'm positive her mother would not agree to the song being produced on the DVD. I don't think they considered the preference of the possible future viewing audience for one second. Besides, for anyone who feels robbed of an entire set, just download the video bootleg and watch the whole concert.

Obviously you are jumping to conclusions. There is not quote, nor a shred of evidence that the mother of the 10-year old did not consent. As a matter of fact, the quote I heard was the they thought the song just didn't match the flow of the DVD. That's why it was a bonus track but not part of the actual concert. U2 are artists - they want to evoke a certain flow or mood. And if you think some tracks were omitted from Boston and some song orders were changed because the DVD ran out of space, you are dead wrong. There's more than enough space to accomodate a few of the songs but it just didn't fit the way U2 would have wanted it to. But we are veering too far off topic. Back to the main topic, it is pointless to speculate about making a combo DVD-R of the two shows, and doing so will give the maker something so disjointed without a flow to it.

Cheers,

J

How about this? No more flipping back and forth between concerts. Rocks harder at the beginning! It makes the transition like R&H from arena setting (Bad) to stadium setting (Streets)

1. Elevation
2. Beautiful Day
4. The Fly
5. Bullet the Blue Sky
6. Kite
7. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
8. Gone
9. New York
10. I Will Follow
11. In a Little While
12. Desire
13. Stay
14. With or Without You
15. Bad ? then Bono recites Psalm 116 and then like R&H it blends into Streets from Slane
16. Where the Streets Have No Name (SLANE)
17. New Year's Day (SLANE)
18. Pride (In The Name Of Love) (SLANE)
19. Sunday Bloody Sunday (SLANE)
20. Wake Up Dead Man (SLANE)
21. One (SLANE)
22. Out Of Control (SLANE)
23. Mysterious Ways (SLANE)
24. Angel Of Harlem (SLANE)
25. Staring At The Sun (SLANE)
26. All I Want Is You (SLANE)
27. Walk On (SLANE)

U2Soar said:
How about this? No more flipping back and forth between concerts. Rocks harder at the beginning! It makes the transition like R&H from arena setting (Bad) to stadium setting (Streets)

1. Elevation
2. Beautiful Day
4. The Fly
5. Bullet the Blue Sky
6. Kite
7. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
8. Gone
9. New York
10. I Will Follow
11. In a Little While
12. Desire
13. Stay
14. With or Without You
15. Bad ? then Bono recites Psalm 116 and then like R&H it blends into Streets from Slane
16. Where the Streets Have No Name (SLANE)
17. New Year's Day (SLANE)
18. Pride (In The Name Of Love) (SLANE)
19. Sunday Bloody Sunday (SLANE)
20. Wake Up Dead Man (SLANE)
21. One (SLANE)
22. Out Of Control (SLANE)
23. Mysterious Ways (SLANE)
24. Angel Of Harlem (SLANE)
25. Staring At The Sun (SLANE)
26. All I Want Is You (SLANE)
27. Walk On (SLANE)

A 27 song mix would be unrealistic and won't give you a real U2 experience. Why? Because U2 have never played a setlist that long in their concerts, so it would be so un-U2 to have a setlist like that.

Cheers,

J

Hi J - you didn't comment on the new track list (composesd to meet your concerns!). Secondly - you are aware that the Boston concert left off a few songs and Slane is not complete either. Thirdly - as a fan I am sure you could enjoy a more complete and "full meal" dvd-r? Anyhow - I'm looking forward to seeing Slane next week!

bono_man2002 said:
yes thats ture bono did get dumped with water and he replied to the person "All i want is fucking you" or something simalar :lol:

also i hope they havent cut the part out where bono and edge are at the tip of the heart and bono fakes hes playing soccer and kicks a beachball man thats funny!

It's included! :D

Back
Top Bottom