A black U2??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't rock and roll born out of "black" music?

I'm not even going to get into this, opens a can of worms, but the answer would be yes, U2 has done "black" music.

"Still Haven't Found"

Ever heard of Living Colour? Seal. Ice-T, Ice-T had an actual rock band, he just rapped over their music.

Hip hop and rap are not all there is to it, should've titled the thread, U2 and Hip Hop/Rap.

U2 has done soft rock, rock, edgier rock, dance, country and western re: "the Daltons", a bit of gospel, but they've yet to experiment with heavy metal and rap/hip hop. I mean, there's many other genres beside those, but not sure what other genres U2 would like to dabble in that they would be interested in doing.

Everyone saying U2 should experiment more, these are the areas they've yet to experiment in, and I'm not most of the audience would go for Bono turning into a rapstar. :laugh:

Adam and Larry would get a more prominent role though, the "beats" are more important than in rock music. Especially the bass on hip hop and rap songs is usually to the forefront.

Last edited:
Hey yo U2 comin' atcha
B-man hur droppin' the beats
E-Bow on the Ex,stompin his feet

I gots 8 gold rings and one gold cross
You be frontin' me boy,
I gonna hand you a loss

Ay-Clay on the fours keepin it fresh
And Frownie beatin' 4/4 wearin' a mesh

Hell yeah U2 in the house (hell yeah ******)
Hell yeah U2 in the house (hell yeah ******)
B-Man rock it like this (B-Man what what)
B-Man rock it like this (B-Man what what)
Fuck yeah ******

You need some falsetto "oooooooOOOoooOO" in there, but other than that, it is AW.SOME

Also, getting some rap rhymes of "heal, kneel, feel" would be nice too.

Wasn't rock 'n' roll invented by black people? :wink:

and rap and R'n'B screw that, if they are making "black" music let's hear the Blues

hahah just thought i'd throw in that edge likes rap =)
"My room overlooks the park and yesterday during the afternoon I'd opened up all the blinds and taken back the curtains so I could look out over the park. Come nightfall, I was grooving to some rap record in my room, bopping around the room for maybe half an hour. I don't know what I was doing, just messing around...and at one stage I looked out of the window and there were about 200 people looking up, clapping, applauding my dancing. That was funny."
-The Edge

tuwie said:
hahah just thought i'd throw in that edge likes rap =)
"My room overlooks the park and yesterday during the afternoon I'd opened up all the blinds and taken back the curtains so I could look out over the park. Come nightfall, I was grooving to some rap record in my room, bopping around the room for maybe half an hour. I don't know what I was doing, just messing around...and at one stage I looked out of the window and there were about 200 people looking up, clapping, applauding my dancing. That was funny."
-The Edge

If only someone videotaped that! LOL!

Adam likes rap and hip hop too. I was listening to an interview from the late 80's, and Bono was talking about the music coming out of Adam's hotel room including some hip hop albums.

/////////////////

:applaud: for Canadiens1160 :laugh:

Frownie, lol!

Hey, how about, oh I don't know, that dude named... Wyclef Jean.

A New Day- Bono/Jean- 1999

Also, Check out the 10 minute version of Discotheque(Deep Extended Mix). There's some "black music"(snicker) there.

BTW: Rick Rubin produces everything, not just rap or hip hop. Anyone ever heard of Slayer or The Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
bonotophat.gif

OMG...:love:

Back
Top Bottom