A beautiful U2 Tattoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Man Ray

The Fly
I have decided myself for...the cover of the Boy album on my left arm...Feel free to tell me what you think...even if you think it is crap....

ps : I hope nobody will answer by "shit another topic about this subject"...when there is no U2 show or album to discuss...I feel allowed to post this...

hmmmm. that's a cool idea. So, you would get the boys face (the Europe sleeve?) or the sketchy drawings of the four of em? (the American sleeve).

I actually just got a u2-ey related tattoo a few weeks ago on the inside of my left ankle. I got a tattoo of the heart shaped stage! It's teeny tiny but it is a replica of the stage (without all the bobbing heads in the heart pit!!)

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Brave man imho, Man Ray. That certainly is a very striking image.
Have you already chosen an artist you trust? My sons are very very interested in tattooing(the idea not the actuallity. It's very fashionable here, some of their mates have become almost addicted to it) They buy magazines full of pics of people's tattos. Some artists are definitely better than others. I hope you find a good one.
I took them to an exhibition called "Body Art" last year.Humans have been tattoing and decorating their bodies in various ways since the year dot. Fascinating.
**cass gives Man Ray a couple of shots of bushmills for after**
The eyes have it Man Ray They reveal and conceal so much about the Boy.

Neat idea! Go for it.
biggrin.gif

Now if I wasn't such a scaredy cat, I'd DEFINITELY get a tattoo -- probably a lemon or something.

What is really frightening is I once saw a person on VH1 who said they liked Janet Jackson but they weren't a huge fan and they had her HEAD (really big tattoo) tattooed on her! It didn't even LOOK like her -- really scary tattoo. I think it was on her back but I'm not sure.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

woo!! i rescanned all mine. yay!
biggrin.gif

i currently have four and will get a fifth within the next couple months. but after that i think it'd be time to call it quits.

elevatedmole, tattoos don't necessarily hurt *that* much. location, location, location. the more bone in an area, the more it will hurt. oh yeah, and of course the size matters, and how much colour you get. tattoo #3 for me took an hour and a half to do, and it's only about 2-3" around (it's a circular shape, but it's not a circle, lol). but the guy used a massive amount of colours. and he did a lot of detailing. i only paid $90 - a really good deal, esp. since i paid $60 for my other ankle tattoo.

anyway, the best thing i can suggest for anyone considering getting a tattoo is these three things:
1. ask people who have a tattoo where you want yours how much it hurt, cost, etc. i wanted a toe ring till i talked to someone who had to get hers touched up three times within a five month period because the skin exfoliates so quickly, it fades. and HURTS.
2. make sure it's something you could live with forever. even with tattoo removal, it's not guaranteed, super expensive, and even more painful than the tattoo was.
3. ask people in your area where they get their tattoos. i dunno about the rest of the world, but more and more states have regulations now on tattoos...here in tennesse you *must* be licensed now to be a tattoo artist or body piercer.

biggrin.gif

i'm sure this was tmi but what the heck
wink.gif

I have 4 tattoos and it seems each one I got hurt less than the last one. My recent U2 one was very tolerable.. I think because I know what it feels like by now and I expect what it feels like and I tune my mind to push the pain away. But yes, bones hurt a lot.. my first one was a cover up on my hand and oh god that hurt like a BITCH! I could barely stand it. My ankles hurt a bit but not gut wrenching like my hand. My lower back (U2) didnt really hurt much at all. Maybe because I was so excited to be getting a U2 related tattoo I didnt care!!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and dont drink before you go. Alcohol makes the tats bleed and scab.
icon24.gif

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
woo!! i rescanned all mine. yay!
biggrin.gif

i currently have four and will get a fifth within the next couple months. but after that i think it'd be time to call it quits.

elevatedmole, tattoos don't necessarily hurt *that* much. location, location, location. the more bone in an area, the more it will hurt. oh yeah, and of course the size matters, and how much colour you get. tattoo #3 for me took an hour and a half to do, and it's only about 2-3" around (it's a circular shape, but it's not a circle, lol). but the guy used a massive amount of colours. and he did a lot of detailing. i only paid $90 - a really good deal, esp. since i paid $60 for my other ankle tattoo.

anyway, the best thing i can suggest for anyone considering getting a tattoo is these three things:
1. ask people who have a tattoo where you want yours how much it hurt, cost, etc. i wanted a toe ring till i talked to someone who had to get hers touched up three times within a five month period because the skin exfoliates so quickly, it fades. and HURTS.
2. make sure it's something you could live with forever. even with tattoo removal, it's not guaranteed, super expensive, and even more painful than the tattoo was.
3. ask people in your area where they get their tattoos. i dunno about the rest of the world, but more and more states have regulations now on tattoos...here in tennesse you *must* be licensed now to be a tattoo artist or body piercer.

biggrin.gif

i'm sure this was tmi but what the heck
wink.gif

Thanks for the info
smile.gif
It's not very likely I'll get one (at least for the next 2-4 years) but I find it really interesting for some reason. Didn't someone start a thread a while back about what tattoos everyone had? Maybe I'm hallucinating. Anyway -- if anyone has any pics or just wants to say what they have (unless that thread DOES exist) I'd love to hear it.
biggrin.gif

BTW.. has anyone heard of having the melon baby (the little baby on Zooropa's cover) tattooed?

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Thanks for the link
smile.gif
Ditto, joyfulgirl -- I particularly like the moon tattoo.
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 02-20-2002).]

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
[B

[/B]

HAHA! You say that now; you'll change your mind. I'm up to seven, and there's a lot less time between them now.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Thanks! I am really into suns and moons too.. my apartment is sun and moon themed too.

I think I'm done with tattoos! And I mean it!
redface.gif

Go for it Man Ray! And there's nothing wrong with this topic, btw.

I have the heart in the suitcase as what a bomb! says 'on my arse' lol.. but its actually my lower back.

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Thanks for your posts...i am still hesitating whether it is relevant or not as it is for life...

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
has anyone heard of having the melon baby (the little baby on Zooropa's cover) tattooed?

that's my only U2 tattoo i have!
biggrin.gif

i got it on my left ankle. if anyone is so inclined, recent (but crappy lol) scans of my tattoos are at http://www.khanada.net/author/pictures.html

btw martha...yeah i know, i only *tell* myself i'll stop after five! hehe
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom