a

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babyman

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i don't know why it should be their last album or last tour, i mean there are people like deep purple, aerosmith and rolling stones, who are all almost sixty, and they do still albums(except rs) and tours. the 4 guys are just 42-43...do you know what this means? minimum 10-15 years of career still to come!! i don't believe that u2 are so sick to do their job, bono says everytime that this is the only thing that he can do, and they're still top, they just reached the right maturity, it makes no sense to end after this album. i think these are just commercial voices, to make lots of people buy the album

Sure... I personally have no problem with them touring till they're 50... 60 is a little tough for them though IMO. I don't subscribe to ageism like a lot of rock fans in that rock stars should die or retire at 30 something. If Guided By Voices's Robert Pollard can do it so can U2. The only problem I would see is that Bono is a very active frontman and doing the stuff he does just wouldn't be as effective at 60 unless he was uber healthy. It also might look too weird. If you love the music and and love to perform, people's opinions shouldn't stop you. There are tons of bluesmen who still kick ass at an old age and perform in front of people and do gigs... and I have mucho respect/ awe for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom