9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blindinglights

War Child
I ask forgiveness in advance if this has already been posted but I looked around and didn't see it.

There's about 9 minutes of new u2 that u2exit.com has posted up!!! Enjoy!

Wow, now 9 minutes of beach recording? THAT is how it should be done. :up: to the recorder.

Around 2:30, I get a THTBA vibe ...

It sounds different from anything else they've done for the most part.

the melodies remind me a bit of ATYCLB, which is amazing :up:

but I might've heard a "kneel" :sad:

and Edge's blues-esque solo at 7:25 is amazing.

Last edited:
The "all my life, I've been waiting for" song is pretty good, I like the solo. It's hard to judge song quality off a recording like this, but that was some very promising stuff.

Best. Beach Clips. Ever.

These songs seem to have a lot of feeling/soul/whatever you want to call it. Also, despite the quality, it's obvious Bono is singing far better than on HTDAAB.

Whoever recorded this deserves a medal.

And it seems quite promising that the songs appear well-formed. I'm sure those of us here know how U2 work, so to have something structured and lyrically developed is a very good sign. Maybe we won't be waiting too long for a new album? I have to wonder how much of this material will make it to an album though! I mean, at least when the HTDAAB clips leaked, the album's release was confirmed to be close ...

This is like a Beach Clip Maxi. :drool:

Okay, all I have to say is, Edge, take that amazing bluesy solo in the third song and make it LONGER! Despite the quality of the clip, that tone sounds god-like. You heard me, god-like. That guitar hero is in him somewhere, just begging to be unleashed. Only thing is, because it's so short, that solo doesn't have a chance to take off. Longer please, Edge...... :drool:

discothequeLP said:
the 4th song sounds like Coldplay :uhoh:

Coldplay songs are well-done, with the exception of Chris Martin and his increasingly lame and cliched lyrics.

I think if Bono sang a song like Fix You, as bad as it is, he'd give it a bit of credibility, since he sings with passion and owns a soul.

GibsonGirl said:
This is like a Beach Clip Maxi. :drool:

Okay, all I have to say is, Edge, take that amazing bluesy solo in the third song and make it LONGER! Despite the quality of the clip, that tone sounds god-like. You heard me, god-like. That guitar hero is in him somewhere, just begging to be unleashed. Only thing is, because it's so short, that solo doesn't have a chance to take off. Longer please, Edge...... :drool:

I completely second this post.

I don't necessarily want Edge to become John Petrucci (though I wouldn't mind it :wink: ), but I would LOVE him to play an unrestrained solo, something of the length of The Fly's solo. Show what a great musician he is and how capable he is of transmitting emotion through minimalism.

discothequeLP said:

Bono taking Piano ...

U2 sounding like Coldplay ...

If U2 make a song like Politik it would be the most killer song in years :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

discothequeLP said:

Because Coldplay totally invented that style. And any kind of softer rock. And the piano.

discothequeLP said:

good point. sounds like a blues guitar and some pushed tubes on an old amp :up:

Best of all, it isn't drenched in delay like most of his solos are! :up: Looks like Edge's trips through New Orleans have paid off in more ways than one.

GibsonGirl said:

Best of all, it isn't drenched in delay like most of his solos are! :up: Looks like Edge's trips through New Orleans have paid off in more ways than one.

my thoughts exactly :up:

It also seems like Bono's trips to Africa are showing here too, mainly the last song's "All my life I'm ready to go".

This is just organic U2, I hope if this goes to an album that it isn't over-processed and destroyed in the end.

Axver said:

I completely second this post.

I don't necessarily want Edge to become John Petrucci (though I wouldn't mind it :wink: ), but I would LOVE him to play an unrestrained solo, something of the length of The Fly's solo. Show what a great musician he is and how capable he is of transmitting emotion through minimalism.

YES. Just for once. He doesn't have to shred. He can play something like the solo in that song, build it up to a crescendo...and voila, all of the people who criticise Edge for not playing proper solos (including me :wink: ) will shut up. That solo has the potential to turn into something great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom