9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2006, 10:13 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:02 AM
So Zoofred and friend were teasing us with the longer clip? That's like dangling drugs in front of a junkie.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

that sounded great (aside from the quality), i think these songs do show alot of promise though

This September single is seeming more likely now

This exciting for me seeing as i missed out on the last beach clips

Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #103
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DignityPassesBy
hey axver are you going to both sydney shows or which one if only one?
Not sure yet. At this stage, I'm 50/50 on going to Sydney. If a third show is announced, I will definitely be there for that.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-24-2006, 10:16 PM   #104
Refugee

yea i'm waiting to see for the 3rd show and if it doesn't happen going to try and get tickets for the 2nd i didn't have the money when they first come out but hopefully i'll get them. Where are you staying in sydney
Old 07-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #105
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by DignityPassesBy
yea i'm waiting to see for the 3rd show and if it doesn't happen going to try and get tickets for the 2nd i didn't have the money when they first come out but hopefully i'll get them. Where are you staying in sydney
I'll be staying with a friend of mine - we'll either stay at the house of someone he knows in Sydney, or get a hotel. I'm leaving those plans up to him.

My problem is that this is during the exam period and I don't want to postpone exams unless it's absolutely necessary (I believe I can do it if I must). So I don't want to make a final decision until it's confirmed/denied that there will be a third show. I don't want to be away from Brisbane for too long.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nurse chrissi

I wonder who produced these songs
Probably just recorded by the band and engineers.
When they hire a producer, they'll let it be known, at least sometime thereafter, then you can start to smell an album.

Based on these demos, not the quality of the music, but the perception I have about how unfinished they all are, I'd say they are still in the earliest phases, but it's just beach clips, they could be a lot further along than how it seems.

The good thing is generally, without a ridiculous fiasco happening, there is no reason at all why U2 can't finish an album in a year. So if that's the case, fall 2007 is looking pretty good, IMO.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #107
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Yep. You can just feel the potential oozing out of that one. As long as U2 don't bugger it up or produce the shit out of it, it could be a huge single, it just has that classic feeling about it and I find the melody really catchy.

Please, U2, please don't ruin this song. The promise here is great.
This made me laugh because it reminded me of something Brian Eno said in U2 at the end of the World:

"I like it, "but I'm afraid it will be a big hit. We must tamper with it somehow to prevent that."

now back to getting all
Old 07-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #108
Refugee

Local Time: 11:02 AM
The first song is definitely the best, sounds a bit different from what they've been doing, I can definitely see promise in it, and it's more guitar-driven.

The other songs, I'm not too sure of at the minute.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:02 AM
<--- Tears of joy.

Oh my, it all sounds so good. I know this is not much to base a new album off of, but what I hear I really really like.

That third song especially is amazing! Gibby, you totally called it on that solo. Amazing amazing work from Edge. Never heard anything like it before, but definitely needs to be longer. Can't wait. And that chorus is huge, breathtaking. And Bono brought back the "Ohhh ohhh ohh ohhhh"s for that song! Gotta love it!

That's all I can say for now, before I explode. This is already better than all the Htdaab beach clips! Now all we need is that 18-minute cut of this recording! Muhahaha . I want to hear more of the first beach-clip song too! ..And out of my head, yeah oh yeah! Rock on!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:48 PM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There could be a chance we here a few of these songs, completed, rather soon and have to wait a few years for the rest.

All Because of You and Electrical Storm came from the same session, two years apart on the releases though.

With the digital age and the succes of Itunes, and with U2's relationship with Apple, it could merely be one song, one digital download, one video, just enough to make the last several shows more interesting. Electrical Storm had a 'vehicle' to be delivered on, these days, you don't really need anything other than a digital recording.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:56 PM   #111
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan

With the digital age and the succes of Itunes, and with U2's relationship with Apple, it could merely be one song, one digital download, one video, just enough to make the last several shows more interesting. Electrical Storm had a 'vehicle' to be delivered on, these days, you don't really need anything other than a digital recording.
Makes sense.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:56 PM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I like what I'm hearing! I like the first song alot, and the second one sounds pretty good too (almost jazzy IMO).

I love the third song from what I hear, especially the guitar solo, and the chorus!!!

The ideas for these songs sound near finished to me. The structure and lyrics seem to be down pat, as does the instrumentation. They're also playing multiple songs in a row with no pause. Good signs. I'm hoping for a single before the tour continues (won't hold my breath though).

I'm hesitant to get too excited. When I heard the snippets of LAPOE and Miracle Drug I nearly shat my pants, but in the end was rather disappointed. I also didn't like COBL as much when I heard it on the album (although it's still very good).
Old 07-24-2006, 11:04 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Just wanted to post again saying how awesome the first song is after a repeat listen. By far the best of the lot! That guitar riff is unreal. Almost sounds like something from Sonic the Hedgehog. Yeah, I know that's weird, but that's what it reminded my off. Oh well, it's still killer!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #114
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan
There could be a chance we here a few of these songs, completed, rather soon and have to wait a few years for the rest.

All Because of You and Electrical Storm came from the same session, two years apart on the releases though.

I tend to think that we'll probably see one maybe two songs released soon just in time for the remaining Vertigo Tour dates.

That could get them some air play on radio stations heading in the the rescheduled dates.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #115
Refugee

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Great songs, perhaps not in the musical direction i was hoping for (although the first song is great). Where's the 18:30 recording already? Is there a revamped Mercy!?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:10 PM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Thanks for this, recorder on the beach.

I've been hyping myself for another lite U2 album ever since I accepted that's where they are as a band. You can't expect them to go backwards in time. They've found their niche as 40 year old men and they are playing music as 40 year old men. You can't ask them for any more than that, really.
So I'll keep the 80's U2, definitely the 90's U2 and accept U2 now for what it's becoming, soft rock.
And honestly? I have no problem. There are plenty of bands to fill that "old U2 void" right now.

Sounds great, especially that solo.
Not too hot on Clocks pt. 2. I think it's been done by Coldplay twice and they don't need the comparisons.

And omggggggggggg, the chord changes in song one are awesome. I'm in love.

WHO'S EXCITED FOR THIS ALBUM?!

EDIT

Did anyone else notice the similarity between song one and HMTMKMKM in the guitar solo?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #117
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat

Thanks for this, recorder on the beach.

I've been hyping myself for another lite U2 album ever since I accepted that's where they are as a band. You can't expect them to go backwards in time. They've found their niche as 40 year old men and they are playing music as 40 year old men. You can't ask them for any more than that, really.
So I'll keep the 80's U2, definitely the 90's U2 and accept U2 now for what it's becoming, soft rock.
And honestly? I have no problem. There are plenty of bands to fill that "old U2 void" right now.

Sounds great, especially that solo.
Not too hot on Clocks pt. 2. I think it's been done by Coldplay twice and they don't need the comparisons.

And omggggggggggg, the chord changes in song one are awesome. I'm in love.

WHO'S EXCITED FOR THIS ALBUM?!
excited? I'm in love

Old 07-24-2006, 11:13 PM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm trying my VERY HARDEST to look past ALL of the hype I have for new U2 stuff and I'm rather disappointed.

Essentially this is the same direction U2 has been going for the last 6 years. Nothing that sounds too experimental except maybe the inclusion of piano. It still sounds at least the quality of the last two albums, but it's not blowing my mind.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:02 AM
this is the link over at the u2france forum, but it seems to be down right now: http://beachclips.no-ip.org:8000/
Old 07-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #120
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

excited? I'm in love