9/11 soundtrack??? The similarities are just astonishing!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I know this has been discussed before but I just wanted to share my thoughts. I was listening to ATYCLB the other day on 9/11 and got reminded of how the similarities are just unbelievable!

Beautiful Day
It was a gorgeous day on 9-11-01. Not a cloud in the sky except the one that was created a few hours into the morning.

Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
We were really stuck in that moment, weren't we? How many times did the media replay the video footage of the 2nd plane crashing into the building?

Elevation
There is sort of vague connection here... elevate - heights of buildings and planes...!

Walk On
Pretty self explanatory. Be strong, walk on. What you got they can't steal it, no they can't even feel it. Stay safe tonight!

Kite
A song about death! I can feel it coming, I think I know what it is. I'm not afraid to die. There's a 'kite' blowing out of control on the breeze! :ohmy:

In A Little While
Okay, not much here but there are some thought inducing lyrics though. This hurt will hurt no more? Man dreams one day to fly? Quite a bit of flying talk on this album!

Peace On Earth
Nuff said!

When I Look At The World
Some poignant lines here and there... People find all kinds of things that bring them to their knees. When there's all kinds of chaos... I can't see through the smoke. :ohmy:

New York
Tons of eerie references here!!! Voices on the cell phone. Voices from home... Voices down a stairwell in New York!... Religious nuts, political fanatics in the stew. Happily not like me and you. That's where I lost you NY.

Grace
This is the healing closer.What once was hurt, what once was friction. What left a mark, no longer stings.

We slowly learn to get over it.

Wild Honey is pretty much the only song here I couldn't link. It still sounds like a soundtrack eerily ahead of it's time. Thoughts?

yeah.....although I hate to think about it that way though.

Yes, this was all a conspiracy by U2. They made this album with these subliminal messages and then joined forces with Al-Quada to wreak havoc on the United States on 9/11.

Wow, thanks for showing me the light now.

Okay, this post was way harsh.... Sorry...

That's very true. Many times when I listen to ATYCLB I relate the vibe and the ideas behind the songs to what happened in America on 9/11. I remember how all of the songs on ATYCLB became related to 9/11 during the Elevation Tour and it made sense all the way, it didn't feel like it was forced. It almsot felt like they did that album after all of that. Specially New York. Very eerie indeed.

Windmilllane said:
Yes, this was all a conspiracy by U2. They made this album with these subliminal messages and then joined forces with Al-Quada to wreak havoc on the United States on 9/11.

That's okay. I'm not trying to suggest that there was some kind of conspiracy. That is not my intention at all. I was listening to the cd and realized how it sounds like it was written 'after' the attacks and not before.

On a side note, this album has really grown on me since 2000!

I always knew there were some similarities, but I never noticed how practically every song connects. I mean I suppose you can make any song relate to anything if you try, but still pretty eerie.

by the way, hey zootlesque :wave:

well I try to get my describe on regularly but I've been busy lately...or sometimes I come on interland and get so caught up in FYM I forget to go to the LS :drool:

and then tonight I stop by in describe and it ends up getting archived next second :wink:

back on topic, bono has very poor grammar in peace on earth. I was also under the impression there were lots of trees in ireland, but maybe not in the city. :shrug:

yes, that and Please are kind of scary considering..... but that's what you expect when your favorite band actually has songs that have meaning.

Oh and how could I forget to mention this verse...

I think of you and your holy book
While the rest of us choke

:silent:

the last two tours U2 has been on have been during major times of crisis for the US. Kinda strange huh?

The funny thing is, I joke that I always look forward to a new U2 album with a touch of dread because each time they release an album something bad rocks my personal life.

You can take any given album and draw your own tenuous links to any given thing. It's not that difficult.

For example, if you gave me twenty minutes I could come up with enough to compare 'Do You Like My Tight Sweater' to Arsenal's Double winning team of 1997/1998.

yeah, it makes me more than a little uncomfortable when people suggest that bono is some sort of prophet or something. i mean, it was a beautiful day here yesterday, does that mean bono predicted the weather in las vegas nearly five years ago?

also, i'm not sure i understand the kite reference. :slant:

Sorry man, its just a load of rubbish. Or more specifically, self-centered arrogant american rubbish.
You can link anything to anything.

Sorry brianmcf,

You can call anything rubbish, or more specifically, self-centered arrogant american rubbish. Or self-centered, arrogant French rubbish or English rubbish or Australian rubbish or any place rubbish. I guess you really can link anything to anything, america=self-centered and arrogant. Appreciate your comment alot pal.

Not all Americans are self-centered or arrogant....that goes for any place on earth!!:madspit:

Windmilllane said:

more like "Okay, this post was total rubbish..."
There's actually a thread going on at AtEase right now, as well, about how 'Kid A' fits Sept. 11th. Now that's a coincidence! I would usually say something along the lines of Brian, but he's put it in such a way you wonder whether those words have come out of his mouth or his ass...! :eyetbrow:

U2 has always written songs that inspire people and get them over hard times. They've also written songs that address issues such as terrorism since the War album. It's as simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom