5th U2 memeber on the tribute show was

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poguemahone

The Fly
I think that was 70's rock star Cat Stevens,playing the guitar,who is now a muslim known as Yusuf Islam.

really?? I was wondering who the hell that was.

------------------
nudie magazine day!

Originally posted by jezebel:
they're saying its Clapton on the other thread.....

You'd think that if it had been Clapton, they would have shown him more. It almost seemed like they tried not to show the 5th person. And who were the backup singers?

the guy was terrible on the guitar it definitely wasnt clapton,i grabbed cat pics how do i post them???

but without the spaces

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 09-21-2001).]

Okay:

(a) That was NOT Eric Clapton. No way, no how!
smile.gif

(b) Neither was it Cat Stevens/aka Yusef Islam

(c) I could have sworn it was Daniel Lanois, but I suppose I could be an idiot.

I've said my piece, thanks and good night!
wink.gif

tania

definitely not daniel lanois. saw him on stage with u2 @ msg and continental this tour,looks nothing like him. plus lanois slightly better guitarist,lol.

Originally posted by poguemahone:
definitely not daniel lanois. saw him on stage with u2 @ msg and continental this tour,looks nothing like him. plus lanois slightly better guitarist,lol.

Okay can we establish the fact that Tania, aka mistyrose is a complete idiot???!
smile.gif

You're right, not Danny Lanois. Sorry. Blushing furiously. But hey, at least I didn't think it was Eric Clapton or Cat Stevens!!!!!
wink.gif

I guess I just love saying the name "Lanois." Haha.

Oh well.

I trust that Lanois is a better guitar player.

Yes, that was Morleigh and Natalie.

tania

thought it was dave stewart also,but i really didnt think it looked like him. wait i got it,its the edges brother dick returning, he used to be in band...

i too, thought it was ringo. definitely not cat stevens or eric clapton.

thought the entire telethon was great. i have never before seen such amazing music! i hope it gets released as a "benefit" CD.
www.msnbc.com has all the performances there for those of you who may have missed it. it is worth watching!

The opening shot of him had me thinking it was Ringo (but Ringo with a guitar??)
The very last angle he was shown at convinced me it was Eric Clapton.
Though I might be wrong, but I'm sticking with Slowhand until proof otherwise comes.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

I think it was Dave Stewart as well (although towards the end I was thinking it could be Ringo but he looked too young). I think DS has worked with them in the past...

It is Dave, the same nose as on his solo albums.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

I'm pretty sure it was Dave Stewart. Check out his website at (suprisingly enough) www.davestewart.com, and look at some pictures.

Mike

[Edit: I can't type]

[This message has been edited by Mike P (edited 09-22-2001).]

100% sure it was Dave Stewart (with my typing dyslexia that came out as Stewrat..teehee, sorry Dave)
I was wondering how he felt, the last Eurythmics album was called "Peace"

The Miracle of Love

Back
Top Bottom