5 songs you would like to hear & not like to hear on next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a hard list to compile! While I like the songs I'd chuck out, after listening to 5,000,001 bootlegs, you get a tad sick of them. I have the same reaction to REM playing "Losing My Religion." As soon as those opening chords hit, it's time to go to the bathroom.

Chuck Out:

Desire (but they'd have to find something else for Bono and Edge to share a mic on ... rawr!)

Even Better Than the Real Thing

Pride (I'm sorry, but it's just not the same without Bono hitting those notes)

Sunday Bloody Sunday (because it sounds wrong in the lower key; how is it that they play Pride in the original key, when it has higher notes than SBS?)

In a Little While

Bullet the Blue Sky (only because it'll never be as awesome as it was during Zoo TV)

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Mysterious Ways (one of my faves, but it's time to let it go)

Add:

Out of Control (I loved seeing it on the Slane TV special!)

Two Hearts Beat as One (I bet this would kick butt now... not that it didn't before)

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

And the song they should never, ever, never, ever, ever, EVER get rid of:

Where the Streets Have No Name

I agree also.

I think that pride is in fact played tuned down now; instead of it starting on a B, it starts in Aflat, which means it's down 3 half steps.

JOFO said:
I agree also.

I think that pride is in fact played tuned down now; instead of it starting on a B, it starts in Aflat, which means it's down 3 half steps.

Huh. I'll have to check that out. I'm surprised it wasn't more noticable to me; usually I'm all over it.

When I saw them in Madison on the Popmart tour, I got all excited when they started "I Will Follow," but then spent the next 4 minutes screaming, "Faster! Faster! It's too slow! It sounds wrong!"

:lol:

yeah, it's an interesting and often overlooked dynamic in music, the best tempo and key for a tune.

for example, have you watched the video for the making of unforgettable fire? they're working really hard on pride, and when it's almost finished, bono's like "no....it's just not GRAND; you're in the chorus before you've finished the verse".
he was really in tune with how the song should've felt; hence, the finished version of pride is a little slower than they first planned.

by the way, I just checked pride from popmart mexico; it's actually A concert as the starting chord.

Okay, I have to ask. What's "A concert?" I was a music major, but I've never heard that term. Is it just a plain old key of A major?

And anyone responding with "A concert is a live performance of music" gets smacked upside the head. :sexywink:

70% I'd say of the people at U2 shows came to hear the hits mainly. I think that "NYD", "SBS", "Pride", "Streets", "ISHFWILF",
"WOWY", "Desire", "Mysterious ways", "One", and now "Beautiful day" and maybe "Walk on" or "Stuck" are all songs that make U2 shows what they are. I used to think that Pride and With or without you and One were all getting old, but then I watched the Slane Castle. I was suddenly reminded of what made me fall in love with U2 in the first place.....those hits. Plus, when Edge strikes the opening notes on Pride or when Adam begins the riff for New Years Day, isn't it an amazing feeling when the entire place explodes with applause. And when you have thousands of people yelling "ONE LOVE....ONE LIFE...". That's just a feeling you couldn't get if they put a song like "Wire" or "Acrobat" in place of "Pride" or "One." Anyway, on with the actual topic.

Throw out:
New York
HMTMKMKM
Anything acoustic, just ruins a good song.
Bad- I'm sorry, but it just doesn't get it anymore.
With or without you- During this song, I actually found myself bored at a U2 concert while at Notre Dame

Throw in:
Out of control (More often)
11:00 tick tock (More often)
Gloria (How can they ignore this song??)
Unforgettable Fire (Possibly replace "Bad")
In God's Country (FULL BAND VERSION)
Zooropa- This song, in my opinion, never got a fair chance to be a great live song.

Necessary Hits:
New Years Day
Pride
Where the streets have no name
I still haven't found what I'm looking for
All I want is you (Girls go nuts over this...(thank you Reality Bites)
Angel of Harlem
Mysterious ways
One
Stay (Faraway so close)- FULL BAND!!
Staring at the sun - FULL BAND!!
Beautiful Day
Walk on

please keep bullet the blue sky! it's such an emotional moment in the show! don't gun that song down

Wouldnt mind them dropping:

Bullet
Pride
NY Day
ISHFWILF
Until The End Of The World

(love these songs, but they have been played to death)

Would love to hear:

Electric Co
One Tree Hill
A Sort Of Homecoming (full band)
God Part II
Hawkmoon 269 (full band)

I'd like to hear: :up:

Discoth?que (with Boom Chas)
Another Time, Another Place :dance:
Love Is Blindness
Velvet Dress
Homecoming

I wouldn't like to hear: :down:
Bad

And that's about all....I love the rest....I could even live with Bad. :rolleyes:

They must get rid of:

Stuck
Elevation
Walk on
Sunday Bloody Sunday (too slow)
Pride
WOWY (or do something about it!)

We need more of:

Dirty Day
The hypnotic version of 11 O'clock Tick Tock
Please
Running To Stand Still
Mofo
The Fly (the proper version please!)

Plus all the songs played faster. Tell Larry to sort his back out and Bono to get fitter

5 I wanna hear:

Gone
HELTA SKELTA! (give Bono a chance to get the lyrics right :wink: )
Out of Control :)
One Tree Hill
The First Time or Dirty Day

5 I don't wanna hear
Stuck in a Moment
When I Look at the World
Stuck in a Moment
and I can't Think of anymore. When I see U2, I want to hear EVERY song! Just not Stuck in a Moment.

I would love to hear:

1. Please (full band)
2. Acrobat
3. Hawkmoon 269
4. My Little Buttercup (jk)
5. Ground Beneath Her Feet (full band)

Pass please...

1. New Years Day
2. Stuck in a Moment
3. New York
3. Pride

Should be dropped:

1. New Year's Day
2. All I want is You
3. Until the End of the World
4. Gone (great song, but its had its day)
5. Stay

Should be kept:

1. Pride
2. Bulllet the Blue Sky
3. Out of Control
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Where the Streets Have no Name

Should be Added

1. "40"
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
3. Mofo
4. Please
5. Lemon

Wanna hear:
Out Of Control
Mysterious Ways
Discotheque
Until the End of the World
Gloria

Don't wanna hear:
Bullet (again!!)
Bad
Staring At the Sun
Desire
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Well, Id definitely want U2 to drop:

1. Stay
2. Bullet
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
5. Bad

And replace with the songs Id love to hear live:

1. Electric Co.
2. One Tree Hill
3. Hawkmoon 269
4. Ultra Violet
5. Peace On Earth

dougal

Are people really that tired of Bad? I was under the impression that it was one of U2's best live songs -- perhaps the best. I was unfortunate to be at an Elevation show where they pulled it (my favorite song too!) in favor of AIWIY -- a great song but I'd rather have had it as a snippet to open Bad.;)

Also, here's another thought -- in light of what they did with The Fly for elevation, do you think Zoo Station would be reworkable in a similar manner?

Acoustic . . eh . . . I think the only thinks that should be acoustic are Staring at the Sun (maybe) . . . or perhaps Running to Stand Still:)

Back
Top Bottom