46664 concert appearence 27th June?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge1987

Acrobat
Just heard on Heart radio in London that U2 are set to play at this concert. I know that they dont usually play gigs outside of a concert year but could this be different? The efestivals website also states that "the concert will also feature numerous unexpected appearances, with several major artists, who are keeping silent about their involvement in order to take both Mr Mandela and the audience by surprise".

I think that the singel is closer that we think, if the album will be release in october the single might be released in the beginning of augusti. A release in the summer is always good promotion.

In related news: Bono is making an appearance at Mandela's 90th birthday party in London I seem to remember? I think it was a crew member who told fans outside Hanover Quay that he would be the only U2 member to attend the event.

Bono might do a duet with someone or introduce a guest. Full band line up ? dont hold your breath.

That Line up is so Music C listers. Your typical random chairty gig set up, you can almost bet your life on who performs at those shows.

I actually buy this because Bono and Edge has been involved with 46664 in the past. I don't expect the entire band to play a set, but if so...

New songs plz :pray:

I thought it was Adam who said only Bono would be there.

Have to see that first - with the album so close to completion I'm not sure he can make it. But I'll keep my fingers crossed - would be a spectacle if the whole band showed up.

btw: anyone from this forum going there? I will.

I guess Bono will be there, maybe with Edge, I don't see a full band performance. Bono and Edge have been involved with Mandela and 46664 before and we all know how close Bono is to Mandela. So I can totally see him being there, Maybe he'll do a speech and/or sing with someone else like it did at the P8 concert in Germany last year. I don't think this concert is the right place to introduce a new U2 song.

He'll be there if it doesn't interfere with finishing the album - that's why I'm concerned. Mayby a video entry if he can't make it.

^ Dont waste your time. It will be crap and any decent highlights will be on youtube :)

i also heard that someone - Bono or crew or something - had said that Bono would be there, dunno about the others though.
to be honest, I'd be surprised if there was no involvement from any of them at all seeing they're such supporters of Mandela and have been involved in 46664 stuff before.
I doubt the whole band will be there but I would have thought Bono at the very least, and then maybe Edge.

I'm going anway, so any appearance from the boys would be welcome, personally though I'm most excited about seeing Mandela! :hyper:

^ They must have a very valid reason for not being there. :)
Neither of them attended his dinner party the other day either.

He claims its the best line up ever :lol:. That festival is dying a slow death.

Back
Top Bottom