40-ft. lemon appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

typhoon

New Yorker
Inspired by the PropzMart thread.

lemon.gif

Civilization has been on a marked decline since this thing stopped touring the world, reflecting its glorious light upon millions. If you gaze into the 40-ft. tall mirror ball disco lemon, the 40-ft. tall mirror ball disco lemon gazes also into you. It's...mesmerizing, really.

It was used in 95 PopMart shows, and it only failed during one of them. That's a 98.94% success rate, easily making it one of the most reliable forms of transportation ever devised, ever.

Fact: thousands die in Africa every day.

Fact: such parts of Africa weren't hit by the PopMart Tour.

I'm not saying there's any connection.

But it's something to think about.

lemon.jpg

To all the detractors who ask, "why a 40-ft. lemon?", I say: why not a 40-ft. lemon?

I mean, what else should they have used? A 40-ft. avocado? Now that's just ridiculous.

I dont think they have droped off at all since PopMart, but this tours setlist...I just dont like the way it flows...Love the songs...but it needs better flowage.

typhoon said:
It was used in 95 PopMart shows, and it only failed during one of them. That's a 98.94% success rate, easily making it one of the most reliable forms of transportation ever devised, ever.

And the fact that it would get stuck once proves that even the greatest band in the world is not exempt from a Spinal Tap moment.

So, you've gotta figure this thing is laying around in an abandoned warehouse somewhere. Who wants to go on a raid with me?

typhoon said:
To all the detractors who ask, "why a 40-ft. lemon?", I say: why not a 40-ft. lemon?

I mean, what else should they have used? A 40-ft. avocado? Now that's just ridiculous.

:lmao:

and adam clayton would say: "it's the transport of the future, it holds three adults and a child. it's got reflective panals to keep out unwanted radiation."- Adam Clayton :adam:

Back
Top Bottom