4 New U2 songs on CSI +SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul Vox

The Fly
I copied this from atu2.com

A Big Marketing Blitz starting soon that will include...

a live performance on Saturday Night Live, November 20th

Four new songs to be featured on the CBS TV show "CSI"; one song per show on Oct. 21, Nov. 11, Nov. 18, and Nov. 25
(let's hope something other than Vertigo this thursday)

Spin magazine cover story, December

Guitar World cover story (date TBA)

additional features in TIME magazine, Vanity Fair, and USA Today

woohoo!!!

Last edited:
Paul Vox said:

Four new songs to be featured on the CBS TV show "CSI"; one song per show on Oct. 21, Nov. 11, Nov. 18, and Nov. 25

Its time to unwrap a fresh tape for the VCR and work on my trigger finger. :hyper:

I spotted this earlier. Radiohead did the same CSI thing before their last new album. Relatively short clips, but pretty cool nonetheless.

VertiGone said:
I spotted this earlier. Radiohead did the same CSI thing before their last new album. Relatively short clips, but pretty cool nonetheless.

How did this work? Is it in the show or an ad or something?

Paul Vox said:

Their last one was one of the best things I've ever seen in my life, and I'm not exaggerating. When Bono leapt off the stage and into the crowd...oh, man. Nobody had ever done something like that before in 30 years of SNL. So awesome.

Let's hope their next appearance is even half as electrifying.

I didn't mind the Apple commercial, but music in CSI sort of bothers me. :|

Roland of Gilead said:

How did this work? Is it in the show or an ad or something?

I don't watch CSI (am I the only one?) but from what i remember the songs were mixed in the show, sometimes at the end, sometimes after a commercial break, etc. People made Mp3's of the clips. All clips were directly from the album, so this should be studio quality.

VertiGone said:

I don't watch CSI (am I the only one?) but from what i remember the songs were mixed in the show, sometimes at the end, sometimes after a commercial break, etc. People made Mp3's of the clips. All clips were directly from the album, so this should be studio quality.

Thanks for that! I'll just tape the entire show.

tkramer said:

You do know U2 music has appeared in shows for like 20 years don't you?

yep, Without or Without You was played on probably the most memorable show in the sitcom Friends, when Ross beaks up with Rachel (and they didn't get back together for another 6-7 seasons, on the very last episode)

Last edited:
tkramer said:

Because with Apple it was direct....this is closer to selling out, in my opinion. Of course I am probably wrong. :|

bcrt2000 said:

yep, Without or Without You was played on probably the most memorable show in the sitcom Friends, when Ross beaks up with Rachel (and they didn't get back together for another 6-7 seasons, on the very last episode)

I'm quite certain they played Walk On in its entirety on the final Friends tribute before the last show too.

tkramer said:

There was a show on CBS in the late '70s/early '80s called WKRP in Cincinnati, about -- obviously -- a Cincinatti radio station. I'm having trouble finding information on this, but there was a definite U2 connection on that show; either one of the DJs played "I Will Follow" in one of the episodes, or they had a poster hanging in the studio, or something. Can anyone clarify?

I understand you feel that way, me I've always liked hearing good songs on good shows. Even the snots in Radiohead do this...

CSI Episode 1 - Vertigo
CSI Episode 2 - All Because Of You
CSI Episode 3 - City Of Blinding Lights
CSI Episode 4 - Vertigo (Jackknife Lee Remix)

Probably. :rolleyes:

Murray said:
CSI Episode 1 - Vertigo
CSI Episode 2 - All Because Of You
CSI Episode 3 - City Of Blinding Lights
CSI Episode 4 - Vertigo (Jackknife Lee Remix)

Probably. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking something more moody, such as One Step Closer or SYCMIOYO. Of course, i've never heard either....

Roland of Gilead said:
Maybe one of these episodes of CSI will be inspired about the stolen disc. :wink:

YES!!! It needs to be stuck in M&M's cranial unit.
They find him dead in the south of france.

Edge in the interigation room: "You can't proove nothing!"
French police: "Hell, we were going to you a gun, you wasted a bitchin' disc on that punk!"

One of the CSI guys is good friends with Edge, maybe that's why...?

..and I like CSI, it's good quality TV - so why not accompany it with some great score?

NOOOOOOOO! argh. I live in NYC, could totally go down and meet the band but I'm going to be at a friend's wedding -- in Detroit! -- that night. grrr...grr....grrr....gr.

Paul Vox said:

A Big Marketing Blitz starting soon that will include...

Spin magazine cover story, December

Guitar World cover story (date TBA)

additional features in TIME magazine, Vanity Fair, and USA Today

woohoo!!!

WHY? This is horrible. I not only have to study for my GMAT test until November but also have to apply for admission during November/December to meet the Jan. deadlines for MBA programs. I guess I'll have to catch up on the web via downloads.

Re: Re: 4 New U2 songs on CSI +SNL

Homerpalooza said:

Their last one was one of the best things I've ever seen in my life, and I'm not exaggerating. When Bono leapt off the stage and into the crowd...oh, man. Nobody had ever done something like that before in 30 years of SNL. So awesome.

Let's hope their next appearance is even half as electrifying.

yes, that was probably the best SNL performance ever. all the other bands just sit on their asses on the stange and don't do anything, but Bono is the man!! getting off the stage and into the crowd takes some balls too, i can tell you from first-had experience, but if you do it as well as Bono does it's the best ever.

lets hope for a performance on Conan O'Brien!!

tkramer said:

Actually its the new spin off, CSI:U2

Ok you got me. I can see it now. Bono is the lead detective doing his Inspector Clouseau impersonation (like on the Uk interview).

Back
Top Bottom